Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is this year championship or bust?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 55.88%
  • No

15 44.12%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is this year championship or bust?

I'm going to say yes. This is the year we can win at all. We have all the pieces- an elite scorer in Melo, a post up player in Amare and a great sixth man in J.R. On top of that we are surrounded by great three point shooters and great defensive talent. I'd say championship or bust boys. Thoughts?

vCash
    I am gunning for a championship but I'm not going to be pissed at the team for choking or underachieving if we take Miami to 6-7 games. The East playoffs are going to be tougher come April. Celtics will turn it on. They always do. Bulls are gonna be scary with Rose back. Hawks have lethal shooters to go with Teague-Smith-Horford trio and a top defense and rebounding team. No one else really scares me. Good thing the Nets suck.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    To me, it's ECF or bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post
    I'm going to say yes. This is the year we can win at all. We have all the pieces- an elite scorer in Melo, a post up player in Amare and a great sixth man in J.R. On top of that we are surrounded by great three point shooters and great defensive talent. I'd say championship or bust boys. Thoughts?
    I'd have to say Amare is not a post up player just yet, little premature here.

Yes a championship is the min goal to me right now, Our division champs

The I'll be fine getting to eastern finals and playing hard even if we lose, but I don't expect that.

I like this teams chances I think we are deepest, but we still have a long way to go, so we never know about injuries to us or anyone else at this point

But how can it ever be a failure if you win the division and get to the conference finals?

I never really understood that, other teams are going to play hard also and expect to win as well.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    To me, it's ECF or bust.
    well again doesn't that get determined by seedings also?

What if we do finish 4th? We could get the Heat the game prior to the ECF, you just don't know a thing yet.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I'm not going to be pissed if they don't. But I honestly believe this is the best roster in the league.

Teams like Denver and the Clipps have similar depth, but Melo is the most impactful player on a team like this. If Amare can become a consistent scoring option, and he will most likely....I just don't see a that outmatches NY because NY is a team that shouldn't have any weaknesses, except for injuries.

Who should be able to outmuscle NY inside? No one. You've got great perimeter scorers, they've got Shump/Ronnie/Melo/JR/Felton/Kidd. You've got great interior presence, they can go small and spread you out, and still hang with you on the other end thanks to Melo.

As long as the Knicks play Great D going into and throughout the postseason an are healthy, they are better than everyone IMO.

vCash
    Yes.

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

What if we do finish 4th? We could get the Heat the game prior to the ECF, you just don't know a thing yet.
    Well if we get the Heat in the semis? Run through them. It's ECF or bust, regardless of who we have to face to get there.

vCash
    Its always been ECF or bust since before the year but now its Finals or bust. If we don't get past Miami or whoever it is that makes it a very disappointing year. We are the best team in the East if not the league. There's really only 2 or 3 teams that match up "on paper"and none are in the East. I wanna be champs not paper champs.

vCash
    I believe that if we build on this team we'll have a contender for the next 6-7 years and could win a couple as well. Don't think this is the year though. My hope was to reach the ECF when the season began.
    If we win a playoff series I'll be satisfied.
    If we win 2 playoff series I'll be very happy.
    If we win the ECF I'll be thrilled.
    If we win the NBA championship I'll do whatever you want me to.

vCash
    Tough call. I said it before this season even started.... Amare is our X factor. Hate him or love him, he is a very important piece come playoff time.

vCash
    ok...first of all...do we really need a thread for the obvious answer to every team??? its championship or bust for any team>>>> you think players get drafted or sign with a team with hopes of a sub 500 record???
    the champion or bust was implied in the beginning of season ...to ask this 3 or 4 mos later is pointless...

vCash
    ^^^ If you don't like the thread then don't respond.

I think we have a legitimate 2 year window to win it all with this squad with this year being our best chance. We have all of the right players to go all the way but every year that passes our old team gets a little too old if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Well getting the 4th seed would be REALLY DISAPPOINTING. There is no reason this team shouldn't win the atlantic division given the state of it right now. None. I think you would agree with that. And besides the Bulls who once Rose comes back can play extremely well there is no reason the Knicks shoudl finish below the Hawks.

Honestly anything but a top 2 seed and a Ecf appearence to me is a underachievement. This isn't a young team that will get year after year chances at this. This team got all the pieces to expect big things you know this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    ^^^ If you don't like the thread then don't respond.

I think we have a legitimate 2 year window to win it all with this squad with this year being our best chance. We have all of the right players to go all the way but every year that passes our old team gets a little too old if you know what I mean.

and....if you dont like my post dont read it,,,,..... when d leathal says the same thing...ohhhhhh its just him making a point ...but because its me ..im hating on the thread...come on...dont be a thread killer let this thread ride whether i agree with it or not... jesus christ,,,.......every team is championship or bust.... and 2 yr window?? im not saying thats not a option..but weve been losers soooo long that we always have to put a bigger emphasis because were the knicks?? no.... championship or bust for all teams...
    Last edited by yankstheknicks; 01-06-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast