Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's not all about deal posturing, re: positives and negatives. The obvious positive is that the Canucks can afford to pay for both goalies this year and will only benefit from having two talents like Luongo and Schneider. If you follow the Canucks closely you will see that both goalies are quality individuals. Neither one pouts. Whoever gets one of the Canucks' tandem is going to be getting high quality character, a team player, and an outstanding talent.

vCash
    Both are good guys and the Nucks can certainly afford to have both this year (and the next 10 years if they really wanted to) but they have less than two year to figure it out without buy-out penalties (which for some reason is a consideration). Add the fact that as time goes Luongo gets less valuable because of age and potential drop off and you don't have a very enviable situation. Right now the Canucks are the only team that can send either goalie out 48 games and still possibly finish 1st in the league, that is a very enviable position to be in.

I don't want to start a rumour or anything and come off as trying to create more trade value posturing but it was rumoured that just before Burke was canned he turned down a potential deal involving Bernier. A lot of people were curios as to why Burke left and Nonis stayed seeing as Nonis has been credited as the guy who starts deals for Burke, but i wouldn't be surprised if Bernier becomes a target.

Nonis said he wouldn't trade our young reserve players without young players in return, Bernier fits that bill. Say what you will about Bernier being unproven but he has talent and provided it doesn't involve Gardiner or a 1st then it is a better deal for us at this time. He will either live up to that potential or he will continue to falter, either way that trade doesn't hurt us long-term like other deals would. I'll stop here, i doubt you wanna hear more.

vCash
    I would totally agree. Luongo really makes no sense with Toronto unless they plan on competing right now, which isn't all that likely, no offence. I personally would trade Schneider because this team has a very short window left and I am very comfortable going with Luongo as long as Schneider gets us a proven sniper.

vCash
    no offense taken, Leafs are sub-par right now i just hope we can capitalize on it.

I think i suggested a Schneider for Perry trade a while ago (other pieces included obviously) but that would be the main part. I think Perry could be on the move if the Ducks can't sign him, they can't let him leave via FA.

vCash
    That would be amazing. I just really think it makes more sense to trade Cory. This is an aging team with maybe 2 to 3 yrs left. Why not get the better return on a player when you need to compete now. Let me pose the question, would you give up kessel for Schneider? Not that I want him to be honest but just gauging your value on the leafs best player. If it was me I would be calling Edmonton and asking for one of their young guns for Schneider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    That would be amazing. I just really think it makes more sense to trade Cory. This is an aging team with maybe 2 to 3 yrs left. Why not get the better return on a player when you need to compete now. Let me pose the question, would you give up kessel for Schneider? Not that I want him to be honest but just gauging your value on the leafs best player. If it was me I would be calling Edmonton and asking for one of their young guns for Schneider.
    Schneider for Kessel is interesting but I would probably expect more in return since Schneider is still not 100% proven (don't get me wrong - I love Schneider but he has yet to be number 1 for a full season).

My perfect senario - Leafs are last place at trade deadeline and trade Kessel and for Schneider and Jennsen. They finish deadlast and win lottery pick and end up with MacKinnon.
    Oh to dream!!

vCash
    That would be pretty good. Kessel with kesler would look pretty deadly but they would need a line mate that actually passed the puck, lol.

vCash
    kessel is a very underated passer, just ask Lupul

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Canucks keep both goalies at least until the trade deadline, maybe even next summer.

vCash
    Luongo wants out:

Luongo: "I'm willing to stay here this season because it will be short. But I don't want to stay here long term." via @RenLavoieRDS
    https://twitter.com/passittobulis/st...01731779809281
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    It's funny, my buddy Harrison is one of the creators from pass it to bulis, I love seeing that. I recorded his funk bands album. Their name was cinnamon toast funk, lol.

Am I the only one that would take a flyer on Gomez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    It's funny, my buddy Harrison is one of the creators from pass it to bulis, I love seeing that. I recorded his funk bands album. Their name was cinnamon toast funk, lol.

Am I the only one that would take a flyer on Gomez?
    You're friends with Harrison? I enjoy reading their stuff.. it's a nice change from all the serious stuff that botch/macintyre/gallagher/etc.. give us.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yeah, he's a really good singer. I worked at a studio in the Fraser Valley and his band recorded their album with us. Straight up funk baby. I haven't seen him for a bit but he's a really funny guy. Hell of a singer too.

vCash
    The fact that Luongo wants out now shouldn't surprise.

The team has treated a guy who provided the Canucks with elite goaltending (After years of much less) like crap.

He should be relatively revered and if his time has passed, quietly exited. They've handled it horribly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    The fact that Luongo wants out now shouldn't surprise.

The team has treated a guy who provided the Canucks with elite goaltending (After years of much less) like crap.

He should be relatively revered and if his time has passed, quietly exited. They've handled it horribly
    The journalist pulls a quote out of context and now a fan spins it into the franchise treating him like crap.

If you've been listening and watching, neither are true.

If there's one thing that can be said about Gillis and the organization, it's that they treat the players like royalty. Luongo has probably never been treated so well.

It's the fans who have treated Luongo like ****.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast