Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Nothing but relief for me that it fell through. "Fair value" or not, we have to escape the Burke/Nonis years. And yes I am aware that the Canucks' SC finals (losing) team was mainly built by Burke/Nonis. I badly want the franchise to move on from those years and that talent assessment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Gotta say, I thought for sure Lu would be traded to Toronto, but it appears now that Nonis and Gillis have made comments to the media, and their negotiations may be done. So, what happens now? Gillis mentioned that there are 4-5 teams he's been talking to (incl TOR and FLA), any idea who those teams might be and will this get resolved soon? Makes me a bit concerned that Gillis may be asking for too much.
    Especially in a shortened season, I am more than comfortable going the whole season and into the post-season with two stellar goalies.

vCash
    Yeah, it's going to help having 2 #1's in a condensed season.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Waiting for the right deal. I like it.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    VanSun colleague @rcamcole moves up weight class to go 1-on-1 with Mike Gillis, who said "potential deal in place" for Luongo.
    https://twitter.com/imacVanSun/statu...93054013714432

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Full quote:

The Luongo trade, or non-trade, which has taken on a life of its own with the way Schneider started the season (five goals on 14 shots before being pulled Saturday), could happen soon, or in a month, or not at all.

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Like, how?

“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy.

“I’d rather keep the guy we know, who’s a good person.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz2IgFr5P5B

<3

vCash
    I'm so tired of hearing about all this. If it's gonna happen, just happen already or stop talking about it.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing about all this. If it's gonna happen, just happen already or stop talking about it.
    I'm with you, although until its done the media will never stop talking about it. Something has to happen soon, wether it's a Luongo trade or something else, the Canucks are sure lacking fire power. I would love to get Evander Kane from Winnipeg, but I think the price would be too high.

vCash
    How crazy would it be if Philly actually made a trade for Luo? you guys could get one of their many young centres, maybe even take Breire and get a better deal.

The Caps would be my "out of nowhere" guess.

vCash
    Not saying it would happen but how crazy would an Ovechkin for Luongo + trade be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Not saying it would happen but how crazy would an Ovechkin for Luongo + trade be.
    It would be considered an iconic trade even if both guys seem to have slipped (and I'm an Ovie lover)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I would **** (poo not F-word) myself.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I would **** (poo not F-word) myself.
    LOL, that's funny sfgiants

I actually thought of this possible trade as well, seems way out there, but Ovie has also slipped the last year and seems to be struggling a little (for him anyway). I keep hearing Washington may be in the mix, but my first thought was Laich. Then again, does Washington need a starter in goal? I thought they locked up Holtby to be their future star in net?

I also hear Edmonton as a possibility, but I hope to God that Gillis doesn't trade within the division.

vCash
    Holtby has struggled the 1st two games and neuvirth is getting a start now

If Gillis trades Lu go Edmonton, they'll own this division for at least the next 3-5 years. They're a Luongo and maybe 1-2 Dmen away from running away with the NW.

<3

vCash
    If Vancouver could somehow pry one of the young stars from Edmonton this rivalry could be epic to watch for years. Imagine a Scneider for Hall or RNH deal. They would be sluggi g it out for at least 3 yrs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast