Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't mean the team.

Your right I should clarify. I meant the fans. I was thinking of the booing and the constant stuff said about him by Canuck fans.

Your right, 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I don't mean the team.

Your right I should clarify. I meant the fans. I was thinking of the booing and the constant stuff said about him by Canuck fans.

Your right, 100%
    It's been brutal. The guy has been a class act. And the eastern media was really rough on the guy for no good reason a couple of years ago. So what if a few of his jokes fell flat? It was silly: built up into a personality contest between goalies. I know that's good for selling newspapers but it sucks for hockey. Luongo is classy and he's elite.

Gillis has always been really good with him, I mean hell look at the $$ he gave him. lol. And nothing but support for him even when he has faltered (which all goalies will, it's the nature of the game).

Even Vigneault has managed the goalie tandem well.

vCash
    Latest report/rumor is Canucks (still) asking for Kadri and Gardiner.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    We need to focus on getting offense in return. Hammer, Bieksa, Garrison are all locked up. Edler I think gets a new deal, Tanev is the best player in NHL history besides Jannik Hansen, and if we amnesty Ballard, we still have Alberts, Connauton, and Corrado. I like Gardiner, but seriously, I want more offense for my star goalie. Our defense is stacked already.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Latest report/rumor is Canucks (still) asking for Kadri and Gardiner.
    I hope the Canucks don't get Kadri, he's soft and small. We don't need another Welly or Raymond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I hope the Canucks don't get Kadri, he's soft and small. We don't need another Welly or Raymond.
    Totally agree. You'd think Gillis would know after the dwarf offensive players he's drafted haven't gone anywhere.

I mean, he traded Hodgson for Kassian to toughen up our forwards and then he takes Kadri, a soft player stuck in the minors? It would be idiotic.

vCash
    Kadri's not really soft. Its not a fair assessment. Part of the reason Burke liked him is because he's pretty damn gritty. He's not a big guy but he likes mixing it up (sometimes to a fault)

He's had his problems but I do think getting a real rookie year with the team this season will be helpful.

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhow he's Kessel's center by the end of the season.

vCash
    I would be okay taking Frattin + Kadri instead of Gardiner. I actually really like Frattin, so I guess maybe myself more than most would rather have Frattin over Colborne. Gardiner is a nice player, but we don't really need him unless we know that we are definitely not going to be able to retain Edler. Vancouver's top four on defense is solid with Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, and Garrison.
    Last edited by GrkGawdofWalkz; 01-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I would be okay taking Frattin + Kadri instead of Gardiner. I actually really like Frattin, so I guess maybe myself more than most would rather have Frattin over Colborne. Gardiner is a nice player, but we don't really need him unless we know that we are definitely not going to be able to retain Edler. Vancouver's top four on defense is solid with Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, and Garrison.
    I guess that makes sense but Gardiner is the best prospect by far out of the 4 mentioned.

He was tremendous in the NHL last season.

I always think dealing for value is the key as you never know what your needs will be long term and you can always flip players.

Still, I get that package.

Thats a tough price for the Leafs to pay (its essentially our 2 top forward prospects) but I undrstand it.

I wouldn't deal for Luongo though I don't think anyway if I was the GM.

Frattin is an interesting player. He's been a dominant goal scorer in the AHL but at the same time its doubtful he's even close to that at the NHL level.

He should be a middle 6 forward (decent 2nd liner, great 3rd liner)

vCash
    I doubt Nonis will even trade Kadri now, a lot of the moves recently (lombo and tiny tim) have been rumoured to be because they want to try and fit him on the 3rd line to centre JVR and Frattin possibly. You guys can have frattin though, i really want to see what Kadri can do.

vCash
    I guess that makes sense but Gardiner is the best prospect by far out of the 4 mentioned.

He was tremendous in the NHL last season.

I always think dealing for value is the key as you never know what your needs will be long term and you can always flip players.

Still, I get that package.

Thats a tough price for the Leafs to pay (its essentially our 2 top forward prospects) but I undrstand it.

I wouldn't deal for Luongo though I don't think anyway if I was the GM.

Frattin is an interesting player. He's been a dominant goal scorer in the AHL but at the same time its doubtful he's even close to that at the NHL level.

He should be a middle 6 forward (decent 2nd liner, great 3rd liner)
    I like his upside more than the mercurial talents of Mason Raymond. He brings more of a two way game and can definitely finish. While I like Gardiner quite a bit, the needs of the team at this time would be getting younger in the core of the offense. Jordan Schroeder has a lot on his shoulders with Booth going down. Does anyone really believe the nonsense about Ebbett getting second line minutes when Arnott or Gomez are available. I hate Gomez with a passion but he's more realistic than a career AHL talent or at best off the bench garbage minutes related player. So if it were me I would be all over something around Frattin/Kadri. In context, of course I'm not Mike Gillis who has made some weird decisions in the past.

vCash
    Iain McIntyre claims the Kadri/Bozak/2nd rounder for Luongo deal is dead - http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...046/story.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Iain McIntyre claims the Kadri/Bozak/2nd rounder for Luongo deal is dead - http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...046/story.html
    Good decision by Nonis imo.

Its fair value (maybe a bit more than Id ideally want), but I wouldnt do it.

Its a nice package for the Canucks too especially considering their forward problems at the moment and they get a fairly high impact prospect with that second rounder.

vCash
    Good decision by Nonis imo.

Its fair value (maybe a bit more than Id ideally want), but I wouldnt do it.

Its a nice package for the Canucks too especially considering their forward problems at the moment and they get a fairly high impact prospect with that second rounder.
    That's a fair assessment, and I understand it. There are considerable risks taking on the contract. But at the same time good luck with Reimer and Scrivens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    That's a fair assessment, and I understand it. There are considerable risks taking on the contract. But at the same time good luck with Reimer and Scrivens.
    Gotta say, I thought for sure Lu would be traded to Toronto, but it appears now that Nonis and Gillis have made comments to the media, and their negotiations may be done. So, what happens now? Gillis mentioned that there are 4-5 teams he's been talking to (incl TOR and FLA), any idea who those teams might be and will this get resolved soon? Makes me a bit concerned that Gillis may be asking for too much.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast