Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Brian Burke fired... Not sure what this means about a Luo deal.
    MLSE probably thinks Nonis can swindle the Canucks for Luongo like he swindled Florida. Hopefully Gillis earns our faith and doesn't deal with Nonis at all.

vCash
    I could see nonis willing to deal a little more than Burke. Unfortunately I think it's a done deal with Toronto now.

vCash
    If a trade is going to happen, I just want it done by the end of the weekend so we have time to get our team prepared, and if we have any newcomers they have time to adjust to the team too.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I could see nonis willing to deal a little more than Burke. Unfortunately I think it's a done deal with Toronto now.
    Not happy about it. If we give up a starting goalie we need a core piece in return. Who is that core piece?

vCash
    https://twitter.com/EnricoCiccone/st...21561015898113

Add a new team to the Luongo rumor.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Not happy about it. If we give up a starting goalie we need a core piece in return. Who is that core piece?
    I'm not sure if you are all serious or not when you say this, but ill assume you are? Why core piece do you want back in return for a salary dump? You realize the leafs would be taking on his contract and releasing Vancouver of it? That's the value of the trade lol. You can't rxpect to dump his MASSIVE contract and also get kessel. Kadri and gardiner in return
    Getting Bozak is all you should hope for in return.

Salary dump - that's your return

vCash
    How is it a salary dump? For a top five goalie at a 5 mil cap hit is a bad contract? And who said kessel, Kadri and Frattin? Toronto honestly has nothing I would want so its redundant. Typical fan who prob never watched Luongo. Salary dump my ***, it's because we have a younger, cheaper goalie who is not at the level of Luongo but is damn close.

vCash
    Ya I know who Luongo is and he is a very good goalie. I think you over rate him though. He is a product of a good team and good system just like Howard from Detroit
    Yes 5million cap over the next 1,00000 years. If he's so good why not keep him and trade Schneider since you claim he is top 5?
    Do you really think your Canucks want to have a 5 million dollar backup goalie?
    It's a salary dump no matter his talent. Yes you will get some kind of value back. A #2 centre at 50 points on a bad team and a second round pick is good value for this specific situation

vCash
    I would disagree. If we were trading Schneider would that be a salary dump too? If I got a better return for Schneider I would trade him instead. The Canucks defence is extremely overrated in my opinion and if you watch the team you know the goalie can only do so much when the other team has odd man rushes and back door plays because the defender craps the bed.

vCash
    I would disagree. If we were trading Schneider would that be a salary dump too? If I got a better return for Schneider I would trade him instead. The Canucks defence is extremely overrated in my opinion and if you watch the team you know the goalie can only do so much when the other team has odd man rushes and back door plays because the defender craps the bed.
    I watch Canucks games. There is no denying Luongo is a very good top 5 goalie. However. With his contract+age he is a salary dump

Honestly Schneider would get you a much higher return. Much ypunger that alone makes him more appealing. No good team wants/needs Luongo because they already have a good goalie.

No bad team can afford Luongo because the bad tes usually stay around the cap floor.

The leverage isn't in the Canucks hands. Plus like I said. Canucks can't have a backup goalie at 5 million cap hit

Albatross contracts RUIN a players value. If lu

vCash

Wink

I watch Canucks games. There is no denying Luongo is a very good top 5 goalie. However. With his contract+age he is a salary dump

Honestly Schneider would get you a much higher return. Much ypunger that alone makes him more appealing. No good team wants/needs Luongo because they already have a good goalie.

No bad team can afford Luongo because the bad tes usually stay around the cap floor.

The leverage isn't in the Canucks hands. Plus like I said. Canucks can't have a backup goalie at 5 million cap hit

Albatross contracts RUIN a players value. If Luongo had 2-3 years left at 5million each then hell ya ask for whatever you want. But he's got so many years and dollars left. I just am astonished that you can't grasp that part of the conversation. This is a cap league. Would you trade say a 1st rd pick and two to specs for........the back end of a goalies career at a horrible contract. It's insane

Let me ask you. IF a trade was made with Toronto
    What would you want and what do you expect as a return

vCash
    I honestly want nothing the leafs are willing to offer and would keep Luongo. Let me ask this who wins this trade.

Luongo for Kadri,Bozak

vCash
    I honestly want nothing the leafs are willing to offer and would keep Luongo. Let me ask this who wins this trade.

Luongo for Kadri,Bozak

its a tough question.....obviously the leafs win because we get a top goalie...but at the same time, the reason for the trade is to dump salary for vancouver and fill a centre spot. with kadri also u get a top 10 draft pick that who knows what his ceiling is.....

who wins the trade its hard to say now, in 5 years you might be able to answer.
    this season and maybe even the next, the leafs win....but you dumped salary and a horrible contract so vancouver also wins.

im sure you think toronto wins? i dont know...bozak is a servicable #2 centre

in 5 years from now when we have a 39 year old on the books still and you have a bozak and a 25-26 year old kadri, i think you win

vCash

Post Lockout news: Gillis needs a C and a backup Goalie -- Luongo likely traded

Kadri fills the C spot? Where? In the AHL with Chicago?

vCash
    This is where we differ greatly in opinion. Luongo is not a salary dump. He is a great piece relegated to just a good piece because of the longevity of the cap hit. Not because of real world dollars which have been mostly paid out already by the Canucks. I honestly don't think the leafs care about the cap hit, especially when playoffs equal more money. Luongo would be amazing for Toronto and his value is being downplayed immensely.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast