Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    I would really like it if T.Y. was moved to the outside and a guy like Welker came to play the slot for us. That small adjustment would make the passing attack explosive.

There are a bunch of good options at Tackle and Guard, i dont think well have a problem bringing some help in there.

There is also a lot of good CB depth. I hope we re sign butler to play nickel, pick up one solid starter in FA and draft one more in rounds 3 or 4 for depth.
    I think part of TY's appeal is that he has the potential to be a guy like Welker and create mismatches. I'm not sure how well he would do outside.

vCash
    Pagano/Grigson says Hilton needs to add at least 10 LBs of muscle before moving to the outside.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Andrew Luck was watching tape less than 24 hours after the game. He said he'd most like to improve his footwork, accuracy, and building rapport with his skill position players.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Andrew Luck was watching tape less than 24 hours after the game. He said he'd most like to improve his footwork, accuracy, and building rapport with his skill position players.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Here is my wish list for now:

1. 2-3 OL -> I'll let you guys and Grigson decide who's the best fit for the money.

2. Dwayne Bowe -> he's a game changer because of size and will still be productive after Reggie retires.

3. Paul Kruger -> maybe it's just because of the way he abused the Colts OL yesterday, but that's the type of pressure the Colts need.

4. Another Corner -> not sure who, but someone steady. I like Butler, but I think he still needs time to grow.

5. DL -> it appears they have some parts, but need the playmakers.
    Last edited by dsolms; 01-07-2013 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Supposedly, Reggie Wayne is going to try to recruit Ed Reed to sign here after this year. Wayne and Reed are best friends and we obviously have the Pagano connection.

<3

vCash
    Supposedly, Reggie Wayne is going to try to recruit Ed Reed to sign here after this year. Wayne and Reed are best friends and we obviously have the Pagano connection.
    I wouldn't complain!

vCash
    This guy basically says #1 priority is O Line help.

Give Him Some Help

Maybe this was the straw that broke the camel’s back, but I left this game feeling sorry for Andrew Luck (-1.2). At this stage of his career it’s fair to say too much is being asked out of him, and for all the potential he shows he’s put in positions that highlight he’s not the finished article quite yet.

That said there was a lot to like about this performance. Despite facing pressure on 34.3% of drop-backs (just think what it would have been without so many screen passes) he didn’t rattle and kept on making strong, franchise-quarterback type throws throughout. He wasn’t helped by some really poor drops in this game, with five overall. Luck also didn’t help himself by essentially throwing the game-clinching interception on a horribly forced pass. Still, if the Colts can get some more talent around him, especially on the offensive line, the sky really does appear to be the limit with this guy.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...afc-wild-card/

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I think part of TY's appeal is that he has the potential to be a guy like Welker and create mismatches. I'm not sure how well he would do outside.
    Well he played a lot outside. In this offense, regardless of weather or not he is the #2 receiver, he will line up all over the field. His appeal, in my eyes, is his blistering speed. He is a long ball threat. I wouldnt want to waste that threat by running him on quick slants to the middle. Welker is the perfect player to free hilton up. He is a threat in the middle, Wayne is a threat anywhere, and Hilton is the break away threat. Then we have the tight ends to move the chains.

The best thing about the idea is that it keeps Hilton on the field and allows him to develop with Luck.

I wouldnt be opposed to picking up a solid #2 reciever, or someone to fill Waynes shoes when he decides to bow out, but if we decide to decide to give a 10 mil contract to a guy like Bowe over giving that money to a top defensive player and picking up a top slot receiver to play the middle for cheaper than it would cost to get Bowe, i will be a little disappointed. I would prioritize the defense. We have a lot of solid skill players and we can always find WR depth in or after the draft. I also have a feeling Brazill will factor into our future plans.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    as long as hes healthy, this would be awesome. He is such a great player and he has a great personality. This city would welcome him with open arms.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Kuharsky with cap space data:

Colts general manager Ryan Grigson will enter a whole new world with that $46 million of cap room a year after his team swallowed about $37 million in dead money plus a $19 million cap hit for Dwight Freeney in the final year of his contract.

But the initial list of free agents to-be doesn’t have me thinking he can necessarily hit a jackpot.

From this link you can get position-by-position lists from Pro Football Focus. Most or all of the restricted free agents will get tenders and not be able to move. And of the guys heading to restricted free agency, some will re-sign and some will get franchise tagged.

I expect Grigson will bring in some quality people to address trouble areas starting with the offensive line. But he’s not going to shoot to spend every available penny if he doesn’t find guys who are worth it or who will accept contracts he thinks they’re worth.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...cap-situations

<3

vCash
    Isn't Reed about 115 years old by now?

vCash
    Ed actually celebrated his 110th birthday back in November.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Isn't Reed about 115 years old by now?
    Age is just a number. If he can still play he can still play.

<3

vCash
    What position would Ed play here? He has always been a really good coverage FS, which is what Bethea plays. Reed's highest tackle total is 15 less of what Bethea had last year...So would we want to move Bethea who has been one of the bright spots at FS over to SS to make way for a guy that isn't as good of a tackling FS?

I think Bethea could play SS and Reed couldn't but IMO Bethea is the guy I want playing FS being the last line of defense in the running game.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast