Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Interesting. Since Byrd, and Bethea both play FS who would/could make the transition to SS?
    Neither which is why its kind of silly for him to suggest.

We would probably let Bethea go if we sign Byrd.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 01-25-2013 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    Just saw from George Bremer that Sean Smith form the Dolphins is probably asking to much and will be let go. According to reports he wants 6 years at around 7 per which is what McCourty just signed with Tenn....

Good idea to reunite them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Just saw from George Bremer that Sean Smith form the Dolphins is probably asking to much and will be let go. According to reports he wants 6 years at around 7 per which is what McCourty just signed with Tenn....

Good idea to reunite them?
    How much guaranteed?

I think we need to upgrade the DB's but it boils down to production and who else is out there. Talib is high on my list.

vCash
    I like Sean Smith. But he didn't have a great year this past year IIRC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    How much guaranteed?

I think we need to upgrade the DB's but it boils down to production and who else is out there. Talib is high on my list.
    If they are using McCourty's extension as the base for what they want like it is being reported it is 20 mil guaranteed..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Neither which is why its kind of silly for him to suggest.

We would probably let Bethea go if we sign Byrd.
    Are you serious with this comment? Let Bethea go to sign a lesser player lol? Yea that'll happen. Use your head man. Safety is safety, and Bethea could easily play SS and let Byrd play FS. Its a interchangeable position. I know its a different style but its still the same concept. Bethea is a good tackler and hitter and would be great in that spot.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Sean Smith at the right price would be a great addition! I know he had an off year but it seems as if Miami is somewhat a mess and maybe that had something to do with his and Long's play????

Bethea could move to SS easily as he is solid against the run....though I would rather have someone who hits like a freight train at SS.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Bethea hits pretty hard, just doesnt get credit for them like some others since hes in coverage more often than not.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Bethea hits pretty hard, just doesnt get credit for them like some others since hes in coverage more often than not.
    I agree but there is this kid from Syracuse I want the Colts to draft and he is fast and hits like a freight train ......Though, Reed and Boom Boom would be great mentors for him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    RT @mchappell51: Luck on West Coast offense: I think it will be a hybrid (next season). there's so many great things coach Arians taught us

Good quote to see. Assures me we won't be too conservative, Luck is too talented for that!

Agreed! Luck has a gun and if they can create a hybrid that takes the best qualities of the WCO and the Vertical passing game....wow! A little more on the subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...fense-a-hybrid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Are you serious with this comment? Let Bethea go to sign a lesser player lol? Yea that'll happen. Use your head man. Safety is safety, and Bethea could easily play SS and let Byrd play FS. Its a interchangeable position. I know its a different style but its still the same concept. Bethea is a good tackler and hitter and would be great in that spot.
    I don't think he would last in that spot which is why you wouldn't sign bird in the first place. Would you like a colts history lesson on SS injuries. It won't happen so I really don't care whether you agree with me or not.

vCash
    Jake Long seeking 10M +
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Jake Long seeking 10M +
    I would be surprised if they let him walk but I wouldn't mind him on the colts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Jake Long seeking 10M +
    Worth every penny.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Worth every penny.
    No really he isn't. He has ended the past two seasons on IR.

Long was considered the top tackle in the NFL at one point, but his play has slipped as he's been plagued with injuries. His run blocking is no longer near an elite level. Cleveland Browns tackle Joe Thomas his the highest paid tackle in the league with a eight-year, $92 million deal signed before the 2011 season.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-10m-per-year

He may get 10M a year from someone but at this point he is not worth it. Until he can prove he can stay healthy he isn't worth that kind of money.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast