Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2017-2018 Season Thread

Theyre not looking bad in these preseason games. Jonathan Simmons will take over the starting spot from Ross. I think he could be one of the best signings around the NBA this offseason. AG looks much improved. He looks ready to break out. Isaac's conditioning looks better. Defensively theres a lot to like. He moves well and uses his length. Offensively he's still raw, but hopefully he can atleast hit his threes at around 35% because that will get him a lot more playing time. This team still needs as much 3pt shooting as they can get.

PG Payton - Augustin - Mack
    SG EF - AA
    SF Ross - Isaac - Simmons - Henzonja
    PF Gordon - Payne - Rudez
    C Vuc - Bis - Speights

Our depth chart will go something like this. We have some decent depth. Just no all stars. We are still a team of good starters.

Gordon may have a breakout year, seems like he's been making an effort to be the man in preseason. I could see him avg 20+ ppg. As far as the rest it will be a group effort.

Not sure what to expect this year. We have a small handful of superteams and then there is everyone else in the league.

I think we definitely need to lock up AG on an extension (already heard itís not likely). He is playing like an athletic Milsap. Let Payton head to restricted FA.

The team has good depth as stated before and is player at a faster tempo.

Sad to say Hezonja lols like a lost cause. His confidence is shot.
    Last edited by StreetKing; 10-13-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Yeah AG looks ready to break out. I think Payton will have somewhat of a break out year as well, but Gordon could be a most improved player candidate. Payton looks more comfortable as a floor general with this faster paced offense, but yeah there's no reason to rush an extension. You only have like 10 teams that will have the capspace to offer him more than 10 mill...

1. Brooklyn: with Lin, Russell and Crabbe I think they have enough small guards.
    2. Kings: just drafted Fox and signed Hill, no interest in Payton.
    3. Jazz: Exum is out, but they have Rubio. No interest in Payton.
    4. Rockets: will resign CP, no interest in Payton
    5. Nuggets: They have a lot of guards, but they could be a possibility. (18mill of capspace)
    6. Hawks: schroder, no interest in Payton.
    7. Mavs: drafted DSJ, no interest in Payton.
    8. Sixers: drafted Fultz, and Payton is a bad fit. No interest.
    9. Bulls: actually, they could **** us. Maybe Dunn impresses them enough that they dont offer Payton a big contract. I've seen rumours of the Bulls being interested in Payton ever since the draft. 40+ mill of capspace, they'll have no problem offering a huge contract.
    10. Lakers: drafted Lonzo, no interest.

5-10 can offer AG more than 18 mill next year, atleast as of now. Im sure things will change, but still teams dont have the capspace they had the past couple of years. So hopefully AG doesnt get too overpaid. I think if you can lock him up right now for 18 mill/yr do it with no hesitation.

For the right trade I'm willing to let go of anyone but ideally I like Payton. I don't know why people want to get rid of him. He is the guy who makes our offense go. I just think the way our team was put together made absolutely no sense with Biz, Vuc and Ibaka. When we play small ball Payton is ideal to push the ball and get it to our perimeter players. Plus Payton plays good D plus when it comes time we could prob extend him at a reasonable price.

Isaac is completely clueless on defense
    Simmons should be starting
    Gordon is not a good player and should be move for Isaac PT
    We need a PG and I can't watch this game without thinking Dennis Smith should've been here

Ps Fournier still stinks as does all rob hennigan remains

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Isaac is completely clueless on defense
    Simmons should be starting
    Gordon is not a good player and should be move for Isaac PT
    We need a PG and I can't watch this game without thinking Dennis Smith should've been here

Ps Fournier still stinks as does all rob hennigan remains
    Isaac is a rookie, so I'm ok with it right now. I think he has the highest ceiling on our team right now.

For a tall guy he has great lateral movement and a quick first step. He'll figure it out. Was nice seeing him crash the boards.

AG played aggressive. He's def trying to be the man which is fine. You won't know what your ceiling is unless you push it.

However his moves are very robotic, I think his cap will be a 17-20 pt scorer.

I think EF played great. He was our go to scorer towards the end of the game.

Payton looks the same. Simmons is my favorite pick up. He's filling the role that green was supposed to fill last year.

Overall it was fun watch our team. I think they will be more entertaining to watch this year then last.

I almost liked watching our second unit better then our first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I pray that don't keep Gordon. He's an ultra athletic stiff if the make sense. He needs a passing first scoring pg like Marion had Nash. Isaac I wanna see withthe ball more. He was open a lot and the vets wouldn't feed him

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I pray that don't keep Gordon. He's an ultra athletic stiff if the make sense. He needs a passing first scoring pg like Marion had Nash. Isaac I wanna see withthe ball more. He was open a lot and the vets wouldn't feed him
    Personally, I think Gordon is doing alright. I Never expected him to develop into a great scorer. 17-20 PPG was always his ceiling in my mind. Still, Im kind of worried Gordon is too focused on his upcoming contract. There are a lot of times that he should be passing the ball and isnt.

It was Isaac's first NBA game. Im not going to judge his defense on one game. I think in time he'll be a great defender. He's more mobile than i first thought and he has good instincts and is excellent at using his length on the perimeter. I think he's very raw offensively, thats why he isnt getting the ball. He needs to just focus on hitting his open shots. For the most part, I dont think he'll be capable of creating offense this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Isaac is a rookie, so I'm ok with it right now. I think he has the highest ceiling on our team right now.

For a tall guy he has great lateral movement and a quick first step. He'll figure it out. Was nice seeing him crash the boards.

AG played aggressive. He's def trying to be the man which is fine. You won't know what your ceiling is unless you push it.

However his moves are very robotic, I think his cap will be a 17-20 pt scorer.

I think EF played great. He was our go to scorer towards the end of the game.

Payton looks the same. Simmons is my favorite pick up. He's filling the role that green was supposed to fill last year.

Overall it was fun watch our team. I think they will be more entertaining to watch this year then last.

I almost liked watching our second unit better then our first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    agreed.

Isaac played well. Two drives by Winslow because he didnít know he was left handed. Coaches pointed out and that was it. He had eight rebounds and challenged shots. AG forced some shots but played well. I think we match any offers he gets. Payton was solid but I donít think front office wants him. Good team win.