Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1100
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwlEcOfcbk

    Replace Dougie with Chara and Imagine seeing that every night on the PP.



    Lets not get greedy, I mean (3) 1st & (3) 2nd is more then ok
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

    I think you'll get it

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    So why isn't Seguin on our first line?

    I think he pretty much proved that he is our best offensive player and Bergs line could use Horton's size
    I like the lines the way they are the bruising line with Looch and Horton and then hitting a team with the speed of the SBM line has to be murder.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    So this means Seguin will be up top (blue line) during the PP...If so i would hope the units are something like this:

    PP Unit 1:
    Lucic-Krecji-Marchand
    Seguin-Chara


    PP Unit 2:
    Horton-Bergeron-Peverley
    Hamilton-Seids


    "Tyler Seguin is slated to quarterback Boston's first-line power play to open the season, according to coach Claude Julien.
    He will join Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Zdeno Chara on the team's number one unit. "You've got two big bodies and one that's a great shooter in the slot in Horton," said Julien. "The other good is a good big body in [Lucic]. As you know the quarterback there is probably [Seguin], he's got the skill and the one-timer. We thought that five-man unit would be give us a pretty decent power play. We think we've got some personnel in some places this year that we think will give us more." The Bruins were ranked 15th with the man advantage last season, but adding Seguin to the top unit could develop more scoring chances. "


    From the Rotoworld blurp -

    So the 2nd unit I realistically will be Bourque in Seguin's spot and Pevs and Seids on the points. Unless Dougie plays really well then Maybe shift Pevs to the wing and Dougie on the point.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    I like the lines the way they are the bruising line with Looch and Horton and then hitting a team with the speed of the SBM line has to be murder.
    But the problem is Marchand chirps a lot and there is nobody there to protect the line. Marchand has the potential of starting a line brawl and no size to protect them.

    Lucic has the ability of hitting 40 goals and 40 assists with seguin plus the size to protect him if people begin to go after him

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    But the problem is Marchand chirps a lot and there is nobody there to protect the line. Marchand has the potential of starting a line brawl and no size to protect them.

    Lucic has the ability of hitting 40 goals and 40 assists with seguin plus the size to protect him if people begin to go after him
    eh....i'd say more like 25-30 goal scorer, with around 30 assists

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    eh....i'd say more like 25-30 goal scorer, with around 30 assists
    I said ability and I said with Seguin on the line. He got 30 with Horton and Krejci imagine what he can get with the best offensive player we have

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    I said ability and I said with Seguin on the line. He got 30 with Horton and Krejci imagine what he can get with the best offensive player we have
    totally missed the "with Seguin" part

    I'm all for having:

    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton

    top 6 because it gives both lines a guy to get in the dirty areas, be chippy, but can also score (Lucic and Horton), and it gives each line a guy with great speed and can score a lot (Marchand [28 goals] and Seguin [29 goals]) and obviously both centers (Krejci and Bergeron) have playmaking abilities.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    I said ability and I said with Seguin on the line. He got 30 with Horton and Krejci imagine what he can get with the best offensive player we have
    Even with Seguin I don't see Lucic having 40 goal ability. At his ceiling he's a 35 goal scorer. He'd have to have an amazing season to even get 35 goals.


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    But the problem is Marchand chirps a lot and there is nobody there to protect the line. Marchand has the potential of starting a line brawl and no size to protect them.

    Lucic has the ability of hitting 40 goals and 40 assists with seguin plus the size to protect him if people begin to go after him
    I would say then put him on a line with Thornton, or take a page from Claude Lemieux - The overall speed of that second line is like getting hit with the Pats ultra fast hurry up offense, just has the ability to wear opponents out and with a shorten season that could be a major advantage if Brad can keep up, considering he hasn't played yet and may not be in game shape like Bergeron and Seguin are.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Even with Seguin I don't see Lucic having 40 goal ability. At his ceiling he's a 35 goal scorer. He'd have to have an amazing season to even get 35 goals.
    the year Looch got to 30 goals, wasn't there still at least 5-10 games left? I can def see 35 but i agree, 40 is a stretch even with Seguin and Krejci

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Even with Seguin I don't see Lucic having 40 goal ability. At his ceiling he's a 35 goal scorer. He'd have to have an amazing season to even get 35 goals.
    I am not saying Lucic is Neely but was Neely ever projected to be a 50 goal scorer? Before back to back 50 goal seasons he had 36, 42, 37 after 3 seasons of 16, 21, 14.

    The only reason I bring up Neely is I have seen both play and they have a lot of similarity in there game and style.

    I don't think its unrealistic for Lucic to be a constant 40 goal scorer isn't that all Neely was before his game and confidence just all sort of clicked together for him? I think the same can happen with Looch and he makes that jump from a 30 goal guy to a 40 goal guy, this year will be telling, if he scores 23-25 goals in a shortend season then absolutely I think he has taken that next step and can and will be a 40 goal guy.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Even with Seguin I don't see Lucic having 40 goal ability. At his ceiling he's a 35 goal scorer. He'd have to have an amazing season to even get 35 goals.
    One the kid is only 24 and he hit 30 already.

    Give him Seguin with the setups in front of the net he can get near 40

    I think Horton is holding back Lucic. The last game with Seguin Krejci and Lucic did look like they where getting some chemistry

    Like Dawg said its all about confidence and Seguin can help that alot. His speed will get defenders out of position and he can dish it off to lucic who has very good hands

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    I am not saying Lucic is Neely but was Neely ever projected to be a 50 goal scorer? Before back to back 50 goal seasons he had 36, 42, 37 after 3 seasons of 16, 21, 14.

    The only reason I bring up Neely is I have seen both play and they have a lot of similarity in there game and style.

    I don't think its unrealistic for Lucic to be a constant 40 goal scorer isn't that all Neely was before his game and confidence just all sort of clicked together for him? I think the same can happen with Looch and he makes that jump from a 30 goal guy to a 40 goal guy, this year will be telling, if he scores 23-25 goals in a shortend season then absolutely I think he has taken that next step and can and will be a 40 goal guy.
    Tough to use Neely when talking about Lucic. They both played at different times. I mean as you point out Neely scored back to back 50 goals seasons. How many guys in the NHL score 50 goals a season now? 1 maybe 2 tops?

    Lucic scoring 30 goals is the equivalent (imo) of Neely scoring 50 goals. No one expected Lucic to put up the goal totals he has.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 01-14-2013 at 10:01 PM.


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    I think Looch needs to do a couple things to take that next step and become dominant 40 goal scorer.

    Consistent effort game in game out, period in period out.
    Control his temper
    Better utilize his skating and size and trust his shot.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    One the kid is only 24 and he hit 30 already.

    Give him Seguin with the setups in front of the net he can get near 40

    I think Horton is holding back Lucic. The last game with Seguin Krejci and Lucic did look like they where getting some chemistry

    Like Dawg said its all about confidence and Seguin can help that alot. His speed will get defenders out of position and he can dish it off to lucic who has very good hands
    On average there are (6) 40+ goal scorers in the NHL that's .7% of the players in the NHL. There is no way you can say that Lucic as the ability to be in the elite of elite goal scorers, no matter who is playing with him.


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •