Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    Said nothing about giving up on him - I was unaware that he had "nerve" issue before today. I just don't think a shorten season is a great time for him to work out his issues - maybe he will surprise me and I hope he does in his 1st 5 games and it is a "moot point". I am just not sure he is ready for the big time yet if he is getting "nerve" issues in a scrimmage.
    He has legitimate nerve issues? and i should've found a better way to word it than "giving up on him" b/c i didn't mean it in that sense...

and though it was just a scrimmage, it was his first game in front of 17,000 people, playing with a new team and with a lot of eyes on him.....i think he'll suprise us, maybe i'm an optimist, but i just think that was first game gitters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    He has legitimate nerve issues? and i should've found a better way to word it than "giving up on him" b/c i didn't mean it in that sense...

and though it was just a scrimmage, it was his first game in front of 17,000 people, playing with a new team and with a lot of eyes on him.....i think he'll suprise us, maybe i'm an optimist, but i just think that was first game gitters
    I thought Dougie was OK," coach Claude Julien said after the contest. "He looked a little nervous. He's more poised with the puck than he was tonight, and we kind of expected that. It's his first game and guys put a lot of pressure on themselves. The biggest thing for us will be to calm him down. What I saw tonight was not what I saw in practices this week and it's not what I saw in his games in junior." Hamilton showed some nerves and poor puck management with Team Canada as well during the world junior tournament in Russia, but once he calms himself down and gets used to the high level of play he should become a talented and versatile defenseman. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like he may not make much of a fantasy impact this year if he sticks with the team.
    Looks like he had issues at the World Junior Championships

I would like to think he can get "calmed down" and I think the B's give him 5 games to show it. I think if it was a regular full season sure no problems let him learn on the job, but with the season shortened, I just not sure its such a good time.

I hope he does get it right and it was just first time jitters because I think the kid can be dynamic for us down the road and I would hate to "ruin" the kid by throwing him into the fire to soon having him fail and destroying his confidence. If he shows improvement in those 1st 5 games...then great if not the team needs to send him back to Jrs or even Providence for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    Looks like he had issues at the World Junior Championships

I would like to think he can get "calmed down" and I think the B's give him 5 games to show it. I think if it was a regular full season sure no problems let him learn on the job, but with the season shortened, I just not sure its such a good time.

I hope he does get it right and it was just first time jitters because I think the kid can be dynamic for us down the road and I would hate to "ruin" the kid by throwing him into the fire to soon having him fail and destroying his confidence. If he shows improvement in those 1st 5 games...then great if not the team needs to send him back to Jrs or even Providence for awhile.
    not old enough for Providence (which is a joke but don't get me started) and he's done with JRs. it won't help him at all....he's kind of caught between a rock and hard place right now...someone said earlier though, play him with Quaider (12-14 mins a night) with PP time and he'll gain confidence

vCash
    http://www.csnne.com/photogallery?gi...9&gf=aggregate (Here's the link if anyone wants to read his explanations:

Joe Hagg's predictions:

Seguin: 20/30/50
    Bergeron: 13/20/33
    Marchand: 15/28/43

Krejci: 11/30/41
    Horton: 17/15/32
    Lucic: 10/15/25

Peverley: 10/18/28
    Kelly: 6/15/21
    Bourque: 8/22/30 (He does this, i'll **** a chicken, in a good way)

Thornton: 2/7/9
    Campbell: 3/6/9
    Paille: 5/5/10
    Caron: 2/4/6

Chara: 10/25/35
    Boychuk: 5/5/10

Ference: 2/10/12
    Seidenberg: 3/12/15

Hamilton: 5/20/25 (see Bourque)
    McQuaid: 1/4/5

Johnson: 2/5/7

Rask: 25-11-2, 2.43, .920
    Khudobin: 4-5-1, 2.50, .915

Combined record: 29-16-3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    http://www.csnne.com/photogallery?gi...9&gf=aggregate (Here's the link if anyone wants to read his explanations:

Joe Hagg's predictions:

Seguin: 20/30/50
    Bergeron: 13/20/33
    Marchand: 15/28/43

Krejci: 11/30/41
    Horton: 17/15/32
    Lucic: 10/15/25

Peverley: 10/18/28
    Kelly: 6/15/21
    Bourque: 8/22/30 (He does this, i'll **** a chicken, in a good way)

Thornton: 2/7/9
    Campbell: 3/6/9
    Paille: 5/5/10
    Caron: 2/4/6

Chara: 10/25/35
    Boychuk: 5/5/10

Ference: 2/10/12
    Seidenberg: 3/12/15

Hamilton: 5/20/25 (see Bourque)
    McQuaid: 1/4/5

Johnson: 2/5/7

Rask: 25-11-2, 2.43, .920
    Khudobin: 4-5-1, 2.50, .915

Combined record: 29-16-3
    Some of those #'s seem a bit high but that's just me...especially Dougie/Bourque, also Marchand
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    MacDermid made the team too

So nasty

vCash
    lucic mentioned in trades? i smell some bs...

Joe McDOnald and James Murphy of ESPN: There has been speculation that the Bruins could look to move David Krejci, but that is unlikely. It’s also a long-shot that they trade Tim Thomas at the trade deadline. Murphy thinks that if there is an opportunity to improve their team at the deadline, GM Peter Chiarelli wouldn’t hesitate to make a deal. Names that have made the rounds as targets could be Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle. Milan Lucic’s name has popped up as possibly being available, his 3 years, $6 million per season contract kicks in, in 2014. Andrew Ference could also be used as trade bait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    lucic mentioned in trades? i smell some bs...

Joe McDOnald and James Murphy of ESPN: There has been speculation that the Bruins could look to move David Krejci, but that is unlikely. It’s also a long-shot that they trade Tim Thomas at the trade deadline. Murphy thinks that if there is an opportunity to improve their team at the deadline, GM Peter Chiarelli wouldn’t hesitate to make a deal. Names that have made the rounds as targets could be Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle. Milan Lucic’s name has popped up as possibly being available, his 3 years, $6 million per season contract kicks in, in 2014. Andrew Ference could also be used as trade bait.
    Yea I smell BS too. I don't think they'd trade one of their alternate captains nor Looch at this point. I actually foresee them being relatively quiet come the trade deadline.

So nasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman1116 View Post
    Yea I smell BS too. I don't think they'd trade one of their alternate captains nor Looch at this point. I actually foresee them being relatively quiet come the trade deadline.
    IMO it all depends on Seguin and where he's at. If PC & Co. feel he's ready to take over the center position I could see Krejci moved for a winger (Ryan or Perry). Outside of that I agree with you that I don't see them making a major move.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    Ya I'd say BS... for meow. If Camara continues to develop like the B's hope, he could be like a Looch-lite, and if he does then Looch would become expendable

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    that mean Pandolfo's out

vCash
    I watched Hamilton at the world Jrs and I think thats where he ends up after 5 games back in the OHL. Reilly just got sent back and he looked just as lost as Hamilton at times.

vCash
    Eh if the choices for our 6th D man are Hamilton/Warsofsky/Johnson, then you gotta let the kid play. Reilly is a year younger than Dougie so it's a good decision that he got sent back to Juniors for more development. Dougie proved last year that he has learned all he can at that level. Time to see what he can do with the big boys
    Last edited by tomsa592; 01-18-2013 at 09:34 PM.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Dougie will be fine.....he won't be getting sent back, he'll get the jitters out and will be productive imo

vCash
    this is sort of hockey related but if anyone here has any problem getting to watch nhl games message me and i will give you sites to watch the games for free

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast