Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrougarMag View Post
    I think everyone can, at minimum, agree that Hairston should not even be considered a full-time outfielder. He's a niche player- a guy that can mash lefties but is just exposed if he plays too much against righties. Perhaps a platoon situation with Duda and Hairston would maximize what you get from both?
    Hairston's issues against right-handed pitching aside, he's still the best hitting outfielder this team has right now.

And it's especially important to have a right handed basher in a lineup already loaded with lefty batters.

The only reason not to sign him for 2/8 is suspicion of PEDs.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-17-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    If the Mets do acquire Upton, and have to give up Niese + etc. Is there any shot Wheeler makes the team out of spring?
    I know development is more important, but it would be an absolute need to add another starter to the ballclub.

Santana-Harvey-?-Gee-? .. Even if a Saunders/Marcum/Young were signed that still leaves one spot blank to be filled in-house.. Between Hefner/Meijia/Wheeler ..

Just wondering what you guys think?
    #oneatatime

vCash
    I think its an indictment on SA that we're all PRAYING for SA to sign Hairston.lol. Like he's josh hamilton or something. Even if we do sign him, which i really couldnt care less if we do, we would not have a single starting caliber outfielder. Think about that for a second, and then think about that for 162 games...yikes,lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akorber View Post
    I think its an indictment on SA that we're all PRAYING for SA to sign Hairston.lol. Like he's josh hamilton or something. Even if we do sign him, which i really couldnt care less if we do, we would not have a single starting caliber outfielder. Think about that for a second, and then think about that for 162 games...yikes,lol.
    My God, you couldn't be more right. How f-ing sad is this team!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    If the Mets do acquire Upton, and have to give up Niese + etc. Is there any shot Wheeler makes the team out of spring?
    I know development is more important, but it would be an absolute need to add another starter to the ballclub.

Santana-Harvey-?-Gee-? .. Even if a Saunders/Marcum/Young were signed that still leaves one spot blank to be filled in-house.. Between Hefner/Meijia/Wheeler ..

Just wondering what you guys think?
    We don't improve for the long haul by trading Niese, our only lefty starter here or close to the majors. We need another veteran starter until Wheeler is ready and by then Santana will need oxygen. Please keep Hefner far away from the rotation....ERAs above 6.30 don't impress me.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akorber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    My God, you couldn't be more right. How f-ing sad is this team!
    Just noticed this.

How right you both are.

What an embarrassment to us NY Mets fans......

If I was living in NYC, I would not shell out a dime to a game this year. Last year was the first time since 1987 that I did NOT attend a Mets game when they came to Los Angeles. I'll have a streak of two years coming up of boycotting games.

Pathetic and Sad.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Just noticed this.

How right you both are.

What an embarrassment to us NY Mets fans......

If I was living in NYC, I would not shell out a dime to a game this year. Last year was the first time since 1987 that I did NOT attend a Mets game when they came to Los Angeles. I'll have a streak of two years coming up of boycotting games.

Pathetic and Sad.
    So you're saying you wouldn't go halvsies on one of those Grand Slam Packages of $120 for four games to sit near the foul pole?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456