Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    Wright isnt hitting 30 hrs period

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Beacon, Ny.
    Posts
    1,935
    vCash
    1500

    Current Lineup: Is it Enough?

    negativity in every thread.
    #oneatatime

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Here's one snapshot of what the team could accomplish if they made no further moves. It assumes Nieuwenhuis and Duda start to reach their potential and their defense is adequate, that Cowgill is a pleasant surprise, that Buck hits like he did as a 2010 All Star [23 85 .280] and not the .196 hitter he was last year and that the other four starters have healthy, normal seasons. A lot of IFs but if this is done there would be enough runs scored to rate in the middle of the pack. Just enough power and little speed. Adding back Hairston takes away a big risk if Buck stays below the Mendoza Line. I also want our CF platoon [Nieuwenhuis/Cowgill/Valdespin] to provide a leadoff hitter with some speed so we stop this one base at a time sluggish offense. Murphy and Tejada would alternate between #2 and #7 or 8th spot depending on the opposing pitcher/our leadoff hitter. I still would prefer a proven outfielder in case Dude and Kirk and the other kids are not all we hope for.

    Player AB HR RBI .BA SB
    Nieuwenhuis-L 500 15 60 .275 12
    Tejada-R 600 1 45 .285 6
    Wright-R 650 30 105 .315 22
    Davis-L 600 35 100 .280 2
    Buck-R 400 15 60 .245 1
    Duda-L 525 23 80 .265 4
    Cowgill-R 350 6 25 .270 15
    Murphy-L 525 12 65 .285 8
    Sub-Total: 4150 132 540 .280 65

    Valdespin-L 300 10 35 .275 12
    Turner-R 200 5 20 .260 4
    Baxter-L 150 3 15 .275 3
    Hicks-R 150 1 10 .255 2
    Recker-R 100 1 10 .240 0
    Sub-Total: 900 20 90 .260 21

    D'Anaud-R 225 8 25 .280 1 [June]
    Quintinilla-R 100 0 5 .250 2
    Brown-R 75 1 5 .260 2
    Rookies 150 3 15 .260 3
    Pitchers 325 1 20 .210 1
    Sub-Total: 850 13 70 .240 6

    Total: 5900 165 710 .270 92
    Nieuwenhuis will have only 400 or so abs. More Like 10/45/.255/14
    Tejada is on point
    Wright should be doing this or better
    Davis seems to be on point
    Buck will get 300abs. More Like 10/40/.245/0 D"ARNAUD 300abs 12/45/.265/5
    Duda has the widest range of what he'll produce, If he gets the numbers you predict, that would be great
    Cowgill is about right
    Murphy is more like 10/70/.300/12
    Valdespin,Baxter,Brown 600abs 15/65/.255/18

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bergen County by way of Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Nieuwenhuis will have only 400 or so abs. More Like 10/45/.255/14
    Tejada is on point
    Wright should be doing this or better
    Davis seems to be on point
    Buck will get 300abs. More Like 10/40/.245/0 D"ARNAUD 300abs 12/45/.265/5
    Duda has the widest range of what he'll produce, If he gets the numbers you predict, that would be great
    Cowgill is about right
    Murphy is more like 10/70/.300/12
    Valdespin,Baxter,Brown 600abs 15/65/.255/18
    If Kirk can hit .275 or better and show some OBA and SB ability then Tejada can drop down in the order where he belongs. Last year this team went station to station----it took three hits to score a run...no speed at the top with Tejada and Murphy clogging the basepaths. Cowgill had an impressive season at AAA...he could steal 25+ bases given enough ABs. I figure with Duda in LF and I DONT KNOW in RF Cowgill may get alot of ABs. Wouldn't solid years from Duda, Nieuwenhuis and Cowgill as the primary starters be a pleasant surprise if they make no further moves [still want Hairston for depth]. If we get bonus production from the catching position---Buck and TDA produce well---and some punch from Murphy we could survive with a bunch of kids in the OF this year.
    Last edited by rdg515; 01-11-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    If Kirk can hit .275 or better and show some OBA and SB ability then Tejada can drop down in the order where he belongs. Last year this team went station to station----it took three hits to score a run...no speed at the top with Tejada and Murphy clogging the basepaths. Cowgill had an impressive season at AAA...he could steal 25+ bases given enough ABs. I figure with Duda in LF and I DONT KNOW in RF Cowgill may get alot of ABs. Wouldn't solid years from Duda, Nieuwenhuis and Cowgill as the primary starters be a pleasant surprise if they make no further moves [still want Hairston for depth]. If we get bonus production from the catching position---Buck and TDA produce well---and some punch from Murphy we could survive with a bunch of kids in the OF this year.
    If he could do that we'd have a major league centerfielder and two-thirds of our outfield problem would be solved.

    Sigh.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    vCash
    1500
    Problem is you guys are penciling in major league performance out of a minor league outfield. As presently constituted this is an outfield for the ages, a historically bad outfield.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stamford CT
    Posts
    881
    vCash
    1500
    the truth about our club is this, we've been good for half a season for years now but as we know there is a big difference between half a season and a full season. we'll start to be really competitive in 2 years, and that's been the plan according to some since omar left. that's why we should trade some of our prospects... dont fall in love with what writers say. they're right less than weatherman
    I'm just that damn nice

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Problem is you guys are penciling in major league performance out of a minor league outfield. As presently constituted this is an outfield for the ages, a historically bad outfield.
    Right you are Milo.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bergen County by way of Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by So Co Jo View Post
    the truth about our club is this, we've been good for half a season for years now but as we know there is a big difference between half a season and a full season. we'll start to be really competitive in 2 years, and that's been the plan according to some since omar left. that's why we should trade some of our prospects... dont fall in love with what writers say. they're right less than weatherman
    To me our core for the next six years is Wright Davis D'Arnaud 3-4-5 and Harvey Wheeler Niese and perhaps Parnell. Everyone else is expendable in the right trade. Tejada is resoectable at SS, Syndergaard could be a solid frontline starter but in the right deal those two could be traded.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    There are so many flaws with these predictions I don't even know where to begin.

    So you say these are your expectations....

    So let me get this straight;

    You EXPECT Wright to have 26 HR's and 110 RBI's plus Ike to have 37 HR's and 105 RBI's with this ****** *** lineup? Who do you expect to be on base to drive in that many times?

    You also EXPECT Kirk to go from sucking to having a decent avg with 13 HR's and 60 RBI's?? That's a good amount of HR's and a lot of RBI's for someone like him. Plus you expect Duda to go from terrible to 21 HR's and 70 RBI's.

    Then you EXPECT Buck to have 11 HR's and 60 RBI's but also d'Arnaud to have 11 HR's and 45 RBI's??

    Do you realize you are expecting d'Arnaud in his rookie yr to have 11 HR's and 45 RBI's in only 200 at bats? which extrapolates to something like over 30 HR's and 130 RBI's for a whole season.

    So from our catchers this yr, we're gonna get 22 HR's and 105 RBI's?

    So that's 3 positions with over 100 RBI's for us this yr.

    With those HR totals, we would have been in the top half of all of baseball in HR's in 2012, and 7th in the NL.

    You have us for 710 RBI's that you listed there.. Good for 4th in the NL in 2012 and 8th in MLB.

    So..... with that very good offense you are EXPECTING, you then have NONE of our starting pitchers with a winning record!

    Not a single SP will have a winning record while pitching for a team that you expect to be among the top HR and RBI teams in the NL?? Even with some guys having very solid ERAs?

    Sorry but these expectations are terrible. Maybe you just didn't think it through.

    These numbers are numbers you see on a playoff contending team which we will not be. Unless our bullpen will consist of 12 yr old boys, even ours won't be bad enough to not allow a single pitcher to have better than a 10-12 record or 13-17 record while having good sub 3.75 ERA's.
    It's the potential of each players. I might have gone over board on some. But it's around about what they could get.
    My team, my city.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    To me our core for the next six years is Wright Davis D'Arnaud 3-4-5 and Harvey Wheeler Niese and perhaps Parnell. Everyone else is expendable in the right trade. Tejada is resoectable at SS, Syndergaard could be a solid frontline starter but in the right deal those two could be traded.
    Will ya please let Wheeler and d'Arnaud make an appearance in the major leagues before start calling them the core? And as for Parnell, the only thing he'll ever be able to core is an apple.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bergen County by way of Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Will ya please let Wheeler and d'Arnaud make an appearance in the major leagues before start calling them the core? And as for Parnell, the only thing he'll ever be able to core is an apple.
    Yeah we can wait....I'm basing my point on all of the experts actually being right.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If he could do that we'd have a major league centerfielder and two-thirds of our outfield problem would be solved.

    Sigh.

    Wait when did we solve the first 1/3rd?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Wait when did we solve the first 1/3rd?
    lol, math was never my strong suit. Meant to say we'd only have to worry about 2/3rds of the outfield.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bergen County by way of Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Will ya please let Wheeler and d'Arnaud make an appearance in the major leagues before start calling them the core? And as for Parnell, the only thing he'll ever be able to core is an apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Wait when did we solve the first 1/3rd?
    Like it or not Duda, unless he flops completely, will be the starting leftfielder. That's one. I could live with a Nieiwenhuis/Cowgill platoon. Its the RF spot that we need a decent power bat...Hairston is the bare minimum. A trade for a long term solution like an Upton would be the other best option. And if Bourn costs us the pick and Delmon Young does not then signing DY makes some sense.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •