Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Lineup

vCash

Your Lineup

Go ahead and post what your lineup would look like for the Blackhawks this year.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/roste...cation=/roster - Active Roster

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/roste...ion=/prospects - Prospects/AHL players (This includes Kruger, Leddy, and Shaw who saw the majority of their time in the NHL but are in the AHL with the lockout).

vCash
    This is the lineup I would throw out on the ice with the current players. I'm not saying this is the lineup I expect (not one bit actually) but here it is...

Stalberg/Toews/Kane - I really think Toews needs Kane there. He helps out a lot. Stalberg can forecheck and be a nice option for these two. Stalberg's speed should also help the both of them out by opening things up.
    Sharp/Pirri/Hossa - I think Pirri is ready to play between these two. A playmaker at center with two solid defensive guys who can bury the puck.
    Kruger (or Shaw)/Bolland/Frolik - My surprise is Frolik. I think he gets left off the team but he is solid defensively and does everything right...except for score. Bolland is a lock pretty much here and I think you put Kruger on wing where he should transition.
    Shaw (or Kruger)/Mayers/Carcillo - A 4th line that can bang and have some guys who will put up some points as well.
    Bickell - The 13th forward in this group for me.

Left off - Saad who can use some more time in the AHL. Morin who I like but needs a top 6 spot if he plays. Hayes who I am not too high on right now and needs more time in the AHL. Bollig who could be my 13th guy and who I like...but just not a spot for him with Frolik on my roster.

Seabrook/Keith - obvious
    Leddy/Hammer
    Oduya/Rozsival - I like Rozsival as a steady guy for the #6 position
    Brookbank - I like his physicality
    Montador - my #8 guy after the concussion and unsteady play.

Left off - Olsen who is struggling in the AHL this year and could use some footwork help.

Crawford
    Emery

Blackhawks have an abundance of 3/4th liners. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of them go in a deal as an add on or just for a low draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is the lineup I would throw out on the ice with the current players. I'm not saying this is the lineup I expect (not one bit actually) but here it is...

Stalberg/Toews/Kane - I really think Toews needs Kane there. He helps out a lot. Stalberg can forecheck and be a nice option for these two. Stalberg's speed should also help the both of them out by opening things up.
    Sharp/Pirri/Hossa - I think Pirri is ready to play between these two. A playmaker at center with two solid defensive guys who can bury the puck.
    Kruger (or Shaw)/Bolland/Frolik - My surprise is Frolik. I think he gets left off the team but he is solid defensively and does everything right...except for score. Bolland is a lock pretty much here and I think you put Kruger on wing where he should transition.
    Shaw (or Kruger)/Mayers/Carcillo - A 4th line that can bang and have some guys who will put up some points as well.

Left off - Saad who can use some more time in the AHL. Morin who I like but needs a top 6 spot if he plays. Hayes who I am not too high on right now and needs more time in the AHL. Bollig who could be my 13th guy and who I like...but just not a spot for him with Frolik on my roster.

Seabrook/Keith - obvious
    Leddy/Hammer

Left off - Olsen who is struggling in the AHL this year and could use some footwork help.

Crawford
    Emery

Blackhawks have an abundance of 3/4th liners. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of them go in a deal as an add on or just for a low draft pick.
    I like it but I don't see Shaw or Kruger as a solid fourth liner along with Mayers and Carcillo. I personally believe the fourth line will consist of Frolik/Mayers/Carcillo and the third line will be Shaw/Bolland/Kruger.
    Cutlerized

vCash
    Im not saying this is what I want but this is how I see it panning out.

Stalberg/Toews/Kane
    Sharp/Kruger/Hossa
    Shaw/Bolland/Bickel
    Carcillo/Mayers/Bolig

13th man Frolik and I expect Carcillo to play all 4 lines

Keith/Seabrook
    Hjalmarsson/Oduya
    Leddy/Rozsival

Brookbank the 7th Dman and I dont have a clue what will happen with Montador

Now i would like to see guys like Pirri, Smith, and maybe even Clendening up sometime this year but it just doesnt make any sense with a shortened season. Every game they play will be as important as the next point wise. I think they have to roll with the vets and possibly throw 1 youngster in there who is nhl ready like Ben Smith. Id like to see him on the 3rd line in place of Bickel.

If Leddy struggles early, expect to see him sent to Rockford sooner than later. I dont know Montador's status but i am assuming he wants to play and doesnt want to be watching games from a press box.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 01-07-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    ^^^ I actually think this will most likely be the lineup. Nicely done.

The only thing that might change is maybe the Blackhawks play Kane at center between Carcillo/Hossa as was suggested by DanTheMan. That would simply just shift Kruger and Carcillo for the most part.

Defense is spot on as well. No idea where Montador fits in.

vCash
    Sharp/Toews/Stalberg
    Saad/Kane/Hossa
    Shaw/Bolland/Bickell
    Carcillo/Kruger/Mayers

Hopefully Frolik gets traded- Kane in the middle unless Pirri makes team instead of Saad

Keith/Seabs
    Leddy-Oduya
    Hammer/Roszival

Brookbank will get spot starts to rest anyone with lingering injury- Also will be in lineup when we need some toughness. Against St.Louis, etc. Bollig can fill this role as well as 13th forward. Montador is on trade block for sure, bur more likely Hammer gets moved and Monty gets spot starts.

Crawford/Emery- Doubt there is time to improve here, but if Crawford doesn't impress, expect them to make an offer for Bernier.

vCash
    I think the bubble guys are as follows...

Saad, Morin, Pirri, Frolik, Bickell, Bollig, Smith, and Hayes.

Those guys are going to have to battle for those few spots left. I think Bickell makes it but after that I really have no idea in what direction the Blackhawks go.

vCash
    I think the bubble guys are as follows...

Saad, Morin, Pirri, Frolik, Bickell, Bollig, Smith, and Hayes.

Those guys are going to have to battle for those few spots left. I think Bickell makes it but after that I really have no idea in what direction the Blackhawks go.
    Bickell is one of the more interesting players regarding what they have planned for him. He obviously has underachieved but is extremely valuable at a $541,667 cap hit. He might be a perfect trade piece to a team who is against the cap at the deadline and is easily replaceable in this lineup.

vCash
    If I was the coach this is how my line up would look
    Kane / Toews / Stalberg - solid line,think 88&19 need to play together
    Sharp / Kruger / Hossa - hate Kruger... need a 2nd C badly. really tempted to try Frolik
    Carcillo / Bolland / Frolik - really like this line..reminds me of Ladd/Bolland/Havlat line
    Shaw / Mayers / Bickell - ok 4th line, can stir things up
    In a short season it will be very tough for youngsters to crack line up with training camp only being one week. I would like to see Frolik in the #2 C position at some point this season... hes a natural center that has scored 20 goals. He has been snake bitten since Chitown acquired him but I like him a lot more than Kruger. Would rather trade for a center though because i really like 3rd line

Keith / Seabrook - play best together
    Leddy / Hammer - think Leddy will have breakout season, Hammer needs to be solid in own zone
    Oduya / Montador - if Monty is/can stay healthy will be solid 6th man
    Roszival and Brookbank are depth d men and nothing more. will only play if there are injuries

Crawford - needs to step up...if not, need to make a trade
    Emery - decent backup... not good enough to take over
    The problem is that we have 2 good NHL calliber backups. If you want to win you need a very good goalie, or a goalie that gets extremly hot in the playoffs (like Neimi did). I dont see that happening with Crawford...but I also didnt see that happening with Niemi either.

What do y'all think?

vCash

Seabrook/Keith - obvious
    Leddy/Hammer

Crawford
    Emery

Signing Brookbank and Rozsival probably makes Olsen trade fodder. I see a lot of buyout candidates on this roster, especially with younger and cheaper assets ready to step in soon.

vCash
    I've attempted a few lineups, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Just a mess of a roster. So many undersized and useless pieces in that lineup to even dream of contending for a Stanley Cup.

vCash
    I'd love some faker.

vCash
    I dont think Olsen will ever play for the Blackhawks again. I officially view him as a BUST and nobody will want him imo.

vCash
    Stalberg/Toews/Kane - I like Stalberg's speed to open lanes for the other two. I think Stalberg's size and Toews puck possession game will allow Kane to roam the slot or half boards and make plays for the other two or unleash his twisted wrister from the top of the circles.
    Sharp/Pirri/Hossa - I am in agreement with Boom! on Pirri. He's shown some good skill in Rock Vegas and is among team leaders in offensive categories. His defensive shortcomings could be masked by 2 very reliable veteran forwards. He can only grow by playing with Sharp and Hossa.
    Bickell/Bolland/Shaw - This is where it gets fuzzy for me. So many different ways to go. For me this all comes down to chemistry. In a shortened season chemistry will be paramount and these 3 played together a lot last year. This line can bang and score and provide some energy.
    Bollig/Mayers/Carcillo - Total energy line here that will keep teams honest and off the star players.
    Frolik- Better defensively than Bickell so I can see him on the 3rd line instead of the 13th forward, especially if he shows some scoring punch.

Left off - Kruger, Smith, Saad, Hayes, Morin. Why not let these guys get some seasoning in Rockford and use them the following year?

Seabrook/Keith - Duh!
    Oduya/Leddy - I'm assuming Hammer gets traded which puts Leddy with Oduya. A full year of Oduya who is positionally sound for the most part will allow Leddy to do what he does best.
    Rozsival/Montador - Rozsival is a solid #5. Monty is Monty
    Brookbank - Definitely see him getting starts in place of Monty, keeping each of them fresh.
    Stanton - +7 in Rockford right now. Reliable stay at home guy that could be inserted in case of injuries

Left off - Olsen, he's been awful. Lalonde, not cutting it in Rockford. Lebda, he's old.

Crawford
    Emery

vCash
    Leddy and Oduya together is a 2nd pairing will be a disaster.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast