Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston Texans

3 8.57%
  • New England Patriots

32 91.43%
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "Consider this: All 22 of the Patriots' Week 1 starters remain on the active roster, which leaves them as the only team of the eight remaining playoff clubs that can say that......(An examination of old game books suggests that 2012 is the first playoff run the Patriots have had under Bill Belichick since the 2001 season that all 22 Week 1 starters remain on the active roster)......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Unnecessary comments.
    To say the least. Everyone's been riding the Pats in this game and Wade gives that extra motivation to the Pats? For what reason? I know that motivation really isn't an issue in the playoffs but all these athletes always use even the slightest slights to get motivated. I think we all remember those Freddie Mitchell comments in the SB and how the Pats used that. Again, completely pointless on Wade's part to give the Pats that extra motivation.

Will it make a difference in the game? Probably not but any shot of the Pats overlooking the Texans is now completely gone (not that it would've happened otherwise).
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    lolol good stuff wade
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Wade Phillips: “We’re going to try, just like we always do, to play the running game and force them into throwing it.”

Huh? So he wants the Patriots to throw the ball? Uh ok.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman508 View Post
    Idk, that could be true/good?

however I would really love to see at least 3 more seasons from BB and Brady.. ray: maybe 4.. says till he's 40 but never know BB is what 60?

but any ways

I am not as reluctant to say we win handily like everybody has been saying, I dont bring up predictions all too often..

Pats never really contained Watt, just no Sack...also Gronk is back and the team is pretty healthy but the Texans also get back Brooks Reid and Derrick Newton.

either way I can't wait
    Nice curren$y sig - Jet Life!

This just can't turn into the Ravens game from a couple years ago or a game like the SF one this year and we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Wade Phillips: “We’re going to try, just like we always do, to play the running game and force them into throwing it.”

Huh? So he wants the Patriots to throw the ball? Uh ok.....
    Yeah I think Brady is going to shred them again, CIN had WR's open that Dalton was missing. We have a much better QB and better receivers/more options than CIN.

They game could still be very close if our D does not show up. BTW is Spikes back this week? He was pivotal in helping shutdown Foster last game.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 01-11-2013 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Yeah I think Brady is going to shred them again, CIN had WR's open that Dalton was missing. We have a much better QB and better receivers/more options than CIN.

They game could still be very close if our D does not show up. BTW is Spikes back this week? He was pivotal in helping shutdown Foster last game.
    I'm not so sure that Brady will "shred" them again because the Texans do have a good defense but I just found it a little odd that he's basically saying he's going to dare Brady to beat them. That makes 0 sense. If anything, you would think the Texans want to stop the Pats passing game and make them run. But apparently Wade thinks the Pats are based around their run game

Here's the thing, a lot of people are expecting a blowout again but if the Texans come into this game with the right mindset and gameplan, they could give the Pats a ton of problems. And by gameplan, I mean they rush 4 and drop everyone in coverage. What would worry me there is that Watt alone could dominate our offensive line and get pressure using their front 4 (or really just Watt) giving the Pats problems in the passing game. But then, I'm not sure that Wade is smart enough to figure that out. He doesn't sound like the brightest coach.

vCash
    Anyone hear BB's Navy quotes?

vCash
    Let's not get into the media and what these coaches say to the media. Honestly, do you think that they're going to leak out their gameplan?
    Let's be real!!

Okay, now that's out of the way.

Even if the texans rush 4 they'll generate pressure JJ Watt is a beast! However, if Gronk is 90%+ he'll command double coverage on every passing attempt. Our run game will also be improved because of his blocking. I think what you'll see is early no huddle. 1RB/2WR/2TE sets and just kill them with matchup problems from early on. Just the way we did to Denver earlier on in the season.
    Our no huddle O is scary and it will limit what D scheme they want to run.

Our D NEEDS to show up. Especially early in the run game! And we need to get 2 EARLY TD's to put pressure on them. If we do that we win. Conversely, if this tuns into a close game (<8pts) game we will be in for a long fight. Lastly, if they go ahead early like Baltimore did a few seasons back its not going to end well.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    No body listed as questionable for the game!

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

vCash
    Quite a game in Denver right now

vCash
    Looks like the road to the superbowl goes through Denver,

vCash
    Maybe not

vCash
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Awesome RT @artrellhawkins Belichick had 4 letters on the wall in the meeting room as reminder for the safeties. G.T.F.B: Get The F*#@ Back!
    That's pretty awesome

vCash
    So funny that Peyton threw the pick that set up Baltimore's final drive
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast