Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    will def be closer then last game.

patriots - 37
    texans - 27

"hottest woman on the planet"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Yeah. I'm a little nervous. Not terrified, but nervous. I don't think anyone should be too confident. I still think they match up well against us...and that defense looked amazing yesterday (some grains of salt should go with that, but still).

Can't wait!
    Based on what? Don't get me wrong, the Texans are very talented but unless their coaching improves significantly, don't see it. Kubiak is a bad coach (nice zone blocking scheme from Shanny but his conservative nature is how you lose in the NFL) and Wade Phillips can't expect to play his typical blitz happy defense and expect to see his defense not get shredded.

Going into that NE game, the Texans defense blitzed on 47% (or 43%, forget which) of their plays which was the highest rate in the league. However, Brady has a 126.5 QB rating when blitzed and he's traditionally been one of the best QBs in the league against the blitz. So what did Wade Phillips decide to do in that December game? He blitzed EVEN MORE then he usually does- the Texans blitzed on 55% of the plays in that game. That was honestly one of the more idiotic game plans of the season against us. Houston has the talent to beat us- I agree- but their coaching is likely to get in their way.

If Wade Phillips has the Texans rush 4 and not blitz as much, then that should help improve their defensive showing against us. And on offense, Kubiak will have to grow some balls and not be so conservative as a coach. The way to beat the Patriots is through the air- so Kubiak can't be stubborn and keep running the ball into Vince Wilfork and company.

The Texans have the talent to win but I'm not sure that they have the brains.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 01-06-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Off-topic, but Chip Kelly is reportedly staying at Oregon now. He's interviewed and denied jobs at three different places in the NFL now, maybe he's the heir apparent to BB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Off-topic, but Chip Kelly is reportedly staying at Oregon now. He's interviewed and denied jobs at three different places in the NFL now, maybe he's the heir apparent to BB

http://nesn.com/2013/01/chip-kelly-w...gonian-writer/

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...7a7e26f19.jpeg

^ Arian Foster's new Twitter avatar, which came from an article written by Shank.

vCash
    http://nesn.com/2013/01/chip-kelly-w...gonian-writer/

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...7a7e26f19.jpeg

^ Arian Foster's new Twitter avatar, which came from an article written by Shank.
    Idk, that could be true/good?

however I would really love to see at least 3 more seasons from BB and Brady.. ray: maybe 4.. says till he's 40 but never know BB is what 60?

but any ways

I am not as reluctant to say we win handily like everybody has been saying, I dont bring up predictions all too often..

Pats never really contained Watt, just no Sack...also Gronk is back and the team is pretty healthy but the Texans also get back Brooks Reid and Derrick Newton.

either way I can't wait

vCash
    Depends on how long BB will coach for he is 60, Kelly is 51, if BB coaches for 3-4 more years, Kelly will be 55-56, how long will he want to coach?

I really hope BB stays for a year or two after Brady.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    This is the narrative that Duck fans want to believe, but I don't think it happens. I don't see Kraft hiring a HC that he doesn't have a prior relationship with, and McDaniels seems like a logical heir apparent. It would definitely ease the pain for me if Chip's eventual jump to the NFL was to the Pats, but I'm not buying it at this point. I also wouldn't be surprised if Chip finds the perfect job in the NFL for him before BB retires.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    houston struggled to put up points.i hope that their confidence is still down after their late season performances ,i think they are ripe for the picking again in this game.
    agreed. Houston hasn't looked like the "best team in the afc" the last month or so after the first 12 games it looked like they were cruising to the #1 seed. The way their offense has been, I don't think they can get it done. They've only averaged about what 14 points/game the past few weeks?? Not nearly enough to beat us in gillette. None the less, it should be entertaining.

NE 35
    HOU 17
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    The key to this game will be our run D vs Foster. If we can contain him again they won't be able to put up points or sustain long drives and keep Brady on the sideline.

Schaub is nothing without his play-action.
    Studs
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Pat D allowed 3.4 PTs average in the 2nd half of the last 5 games. That was against 5 teams with winning records that were all in playoff contention. XLNT

vCash
    Texans offense is one dimensional, and Schaub is a feeb - they won't win the game, although they might score 17-20, and whatever turnovers the D returns, if any.

Their D is somewhere between the Pats D and the top D's in the league, but not good enough to stop a healthy Gronk, with Brady executing the offense. The 3rd and 4th options should be essentially wide open all game long.

Pats 31 Texans 17

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    anybody know the status of dennard and talib for this wknd?

"hottest woman on the planet"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonrules37 View Post
    anybody know the status of dennard and talib for this wknd?

Everybody was at practice, so things look good regarding their status for Sunday.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Wade Phillips comments on Wes Welker:

link

Wade Phillips: Wes Welker is not 'real athletic'
    By Gregg Rosenthal

New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker has caught 240 passes over the last two seasons, with rare short-area quickness and an insane mental connection with Tom Brady.

But Welker is not a true No. 1 receiver, not one that requires the best opposing cornerback on him. That's Houston Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips' stance, and he's sticking to it.

"Welker's not (A.J.) Green," Phillips told ESPN's Paul Kuharsky when asked if Houston's top corner Johnathan Joseph would track Welker arund the field.

"(Welker's) a good player, but he's not that big or a real athletic guy" Phillips said. "He's a quick guy that gets open on option routes. (Cornerback Brandon) Harris actually played him pretty good. He got a holding penalty that hurt us early in the game. But Harris played pretty well ... If we don't get him on a speed guy, we're in good shape."

In this day and age when folks are stretching to find bulletin board material, the Welker comments are already getting noticed in New England. But it's hard to argue with anything that Phillips says. Welker was held down by Harris last game, and Joseph would be better used on Brandon Lloyd or tight end Aaron Hernandez.

"If you put a corner on him they're not quite as good," Phillips said.

Phillips noted that the Patriots create so many matchup problems because their two tight ends can act as wide receivers.

"They're athletic enough to play out in space. So that gives you matchup problems. If you play your base defense against them it's one thing, and if you play a sub defense against them it's something else. If you play a sub what happens a lot of times with the two tight ends is they just run over people," Phillips said.

When you face the Patriots, defenses have to pick their poison. It sounds like Phillips will take his chances focusing his energy away from Welker.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Unnecessary comments.

vCash
    Welker is about to go off!

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast