Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Well, they might just be back...

...but will you be??

With a deal likely in place, will we get more than .364 posts a week in this forum??

vCash
    This forum is always dead. I know there will be a few people in here for game threads, but this forum will never be like the Vikings or Wolves. It will be much more like the Twins, where there are a few good posters who post throughout the year, and then when the Twins are good, it becomes extremely popular.

vCash
    We back *****es.

vCash
    We comin

vCash
    We in here

vCash

vCash
    Any chance we trade Backstrom, Bouchard, and Heatley?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1 View Post
    Any chance we trade Backstrom, Bouchard, and Heatley?
    With Harding having this sickness can we trade backstrom. Or try and sign him cheaper for 1 or 2 more?
    \

vCash
    Read what I posted in the other thread, Bouchard holds absolutely no value on the market. An expiring contract with health issues thats not even fully cleared yet, no one is taking a chance on him that would be worth it for us. Heatley doesnt go anywhere, he will finally have top line talent and will have his chance to play well. If memory serves me right there is only 2 years left on his contract anyways so unless he tanks this year and next (which he would hold no value then anyways) there would be no reason to trade him and with his cap hit no market to trade him. Backstrom also holds very low value on the market and he is our #1 goalie. We cannot trade him for anything younger (everything younger available was traded in the off season Bob and Lindback) and there would be no point as it would leave us with Harding as our #1 and Hackett as our #2 and if you have watched the Aeros Hackett needs more time and we have no idea how this MS will affect Harding.

As far as re signing Backstrom that really depends on Harding and the MS. I admit I know little about it but he and the people that have spoken about it seem confident he will be able to play. If not we will buyout his contract and re sign Backstrom in the off season and look for a new backup while Hackett receives more work in the AHL. I could see Hackett being a backup next year but he would do better with another season after this in the AHL.

But my main question to you would be why trade those 3 players in the first place? And what do you expect to get back? Because your other post of trying to flip them into Stepan or Mcdonagh is just flat out insane. No one trades a young 21-22 year old top projected forward or D man for an injury plagued player (Bouchard), an old goalie (Backstrom) or a star that is on his last legs and needs to put up or shut up (Heatley). Not to mention the two teams you mentioned trading them too have absolutely no use for them.