Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: WHO IS BEST FOR VIKINGS OFFENSE?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg Jennings

3 15.79%
  • Mike Wallace

1 5.26%
  • Dwayne Bowe

15 78.95%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    No I think he can come back from that injury he did that with Arkansas and had a pretty solid finish To that year, but if he can't just sign a free agent WR to replace him or draft one late in the draft

vCash
    I bet we sign Ramses Barden

vCash
    I voted for Bowe, but here's the biggest thing that you have to take into account with Jennings. Yes he does his best work in the slot, but even if we used him outside he'd still be miles better than any WR on the team not named Percy Harvin and still go a long way towards fixing our passing game. Bowe is exactly what we've been missing since Sidney Rice left though.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Who is best for Minnesota offense: A guard to replace Johnson, Fusco, or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by willoull View Post
    No I think he can come back from that injury he did that with Arkansas and had a pretty solid finish To that year, but if he can't just sign a free agent WR to replace him or draft one late in the draft
    He has torn patellar tendons in both knees. At Arkansas he only had it torn in one knee. Its more likely he never plays again then us seeing him playing in an NFL game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    I bet we sign Ramses Barden
    Yep, I think you're exactly right because he fits the profile for the kind of guys that Spielman looks at. He'd rather land Barden with a fair contract vs shell out huge money for a guy like Bowe. The other thing is that if we go after Barden, its going to be BECAUSE Spielman thinks that he can put him on the map as a good WR, although Spielman hasn't always been right about this kind of think before (see Simpson, Jerome)

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    He has torn patellar tendons in both knees. At Arkansas he only had it torn in one knee. Its more likely he never plays again then us seeing him playing in an NFL game.
    Sadly this is true, however I did hear that he was up and walking around in record time, so that's good. Frankly we'll probably know if there's hope for him by the time we find out if he's well enough to go to camp.

The perception that others haven't recovered from it is not exactly true. I would have to go back and look up the names, but buddy in the 90s (he was a DB for Denver IIRC) actually made it back for the pre-season, as in suited up and played in pre-season games, but just wasn't good/fast enough to make the cut. Not only do we have advancements in technology since then, but Greg Childs MAY be able to continue playing WR even if he doesn't get his speed back. While not ideal its a lot easier to make a living as a slow WR (especially if you can catch like Childs can) than it is to try and be a slow DB.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 01-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Yep, I think you're exactly right because he fits the profile for the kind of guys that Spielman looks at. He'd rather land Barden with a fair contract vs shell out huge money for a guy like Bowe. The other thing is that if we go after Barden, its going to be BECAUSE Spielman thinks that he can put him on the map as a good WR, although Spielman hasn't always been right about this kind of think before (see Simpson, Jerome)
    And we all saw what he could do when he torched the Panthers in that game, then when Nicks came back we harldy ever saw him again. If we can sign this guy and get one of the legit WR's in this draft I think our WR corps will be very much improved.

Percy Harvin
    Keenan Allen
    Ramses Barden
    Jarius Wright

not that bad

vCash
    Wallace and Harvin would be sick!

vCash
    I'd like to see teams load up the box against AD with single coverage on Wallace and Harvin! Choose your poison!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesTwinsWolve View Post
    I'd like to see teams load up the box against AD with single coverage on Wallace and Harvin! Choose your poison!
    We would have an epic offense but not sure it would happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesTwinsWolve View Post
    Sounds like a good Soap Opera maybe....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I believe the only problems Jackson had were his two DUIs.
    Yeah and his disputes with their organization. Though can't really blame him they had a moron GM in Smith. Anyways...

I just think Bowe has more going against him then VJax which should affect the kind of offers he gets but then again he is arguably a better talent so who knows... $55 million just seems like a lot of money for one player but in today's NFL it might not be. I just want to see the team get a legit playmaking receiver. We've been looking since Moss left to be honest. Missed out on T.J. Houshmandzadeh (I remember staying up all night on PSD in those threads discussing it with you guys) then we missed out on Vincent Jackson trade twice and again in free agency. Now we got a chance to get a young talented receiver like Dwayne Bowe and we probably won't even try. We lost Sidney Rice who was really good for us when he was on the field and I would love to see the Vikings get a receiver like him again.

Guys like a Brandon Marshall and Sidney Rice who can be the go-to guy and make the tough grabs on third down along the sideline, or in coverage draped by defenders but still bring it in. Did you see Rice's sideline catch last night against Washington? It reminded me of the one he had with Favre in Pittsburgh in 09' with Polamalu bearing down on him. As much as I love Harvin and what he can do I think the Vikings need that kind of receiver more than a Harvin kind. Jarius Wright can do some of the things that Harvin can, albeit not quite as well.

They need that chain-moving throw me the ball 15-20 times a game type guy. If we can get someone like that it won't matter who our #2, #3, or #4 guys are, we won't need a whole roster of talented receivers because look at Brandon Marshall. What he brings to a team solely by himself. Chicago's offense this past season went directly through Brandon Marshall. He was able to record 89 more receptions and 1,141 more yards than the next-best receiver on the roster. This is why adding a playmaking go-to receiver like Bowe would make a lot of sense no matter how much it costs or the implications it would have on Harvin staying or leaving. As for that whole no team has two receivers making over $10 million/yer stat, well fine, but eventually that's going to be broken. There will be too many good receivers and the price they'll be asking always goes up. Sooner rather than later there will be teams with two receivers making $10 million. Just watch.

We'll go ahead with somebody second tier or through the draft and our passing attack won't be any better...
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Yeah and his disputes with their organization. Though can't really blame him they had a moron GM in Smith. Anyways...

I just think Bowe has more going against him then VJax which should affect the kind of offers he gets but then again he is arguably a better talent so who knows... $55 million just seems like a lot of money for one player but in today's NFL it might not be. I just want to see the team get a legit playmaking receiver. We've been looking since Moss left to be honest. Missed out on T.J. Houshmandzadeh (I remember staying up all night on PSD in those threads discussing it with you guys) then we missed out on Vincent Jackson trade twice and again in free agency. Now we got a chance to get a young talented receiver like Dwayne Bowe and we probably won't even try. We lost Sidney Rice who was really good for us when he was on the field and I would love to see the Vikings get a receiver like him again.

Guys like a Brandon Marshall and Sidney Rice who can be the go-to guy and make the tough grabs on third down along the sideline, or in coverage draped by defenders but still bring it in. Did you see Rice's sideline catch last night against Washington? It reminded me of the one he had with Favre in Pittsburgh in 09' with Polamalu bearing down on him. As much as I love Harvin and what he can do I think the Vikings need that kind of receiver more than a Harvin kind. Jarius Wright can do some of the things that Harvin can, albeit not quite as well.

They need that chain-moving throw me the ball 15-20 times a game type guy. If we can get someone like that it won't matter who our #2, #3, or #4 guys are, we won't need a whole roster of talented receivers because look at Brandon Marshall. What he brings to a team solely by himself. Chicago's offense this past season went directly through Brandon Marshall. He was able to record 89 more receptions and 1,141 more yards than the next-best receiver on the roster. This is why adding a playmaking go-to receiver like Bowe would make a lot of sense no matter how much it costs or the implications it would have on Harvin staying or leaving. As for that whole no team has two receivers making over $10 million/yer stat, well fine, but eventually that's going to be broken. There will be too many good receivers and the price they'll be asking always goes up. Sooner rather than later there will be teams with two receivers making $10 million. Just watch.

We'll go ahead with somebody second tier or through the draft and our passing attack won't be any better...
    I dunno, I think that we sure could use a #1 WR like Marshall, its kind of a bad example to say that those are the kinds of numbers we should desire or our offense (Our best WR standing head and shoulders above everyone else in production). Especially with Alshon Jeffery missing so much time, 90% of the Bears passing game WAS Marshall and if we try to go for something like that it will be a recipe for failure, although it will probably work better than just screen passes to Harvin.

I've said it for a while, and sure its easy to say but we need to get this team back to something like we had in 09, and I don't mean Brett Favre. Favre was amazing that season, best year in his HoF career and that's not something that can easily be duplicated and not something that I think we should expect from Ponder, the main thing I mean is the offensive weapons we had.

AP let us establish the run, which put Rice in a position where he could excel and his presence down field opened things up for Percy. Factor Shiancoe into that and we put Favre in the ultimate position to succeed.

If we get that big #1 WR, he'll help Percy just as much as he helps Ponder. I really think that Rudolph is going to go off next year too, so as long as we tune up the interior offensive line and keep the D sharp, we are going to be a very dangerous team.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Dwayne Bowe would be a mistake.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast