Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: WHO IS BEST FOR VIKINGS OFFENSE?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg Jennings

3 15.79%
  • Mike Wallace

1 5.26%
  • Dwayne Bowe

15 78.95%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I voted Bowe but I am afraid of the money. But IF Harvin goes, then Bowe would be worth the money. If Harvin stays then Barden would be a nice investment but I would only sign him for a 2 year deal (Barden) and use a high draft pick on a WR (2nd rounder or third). I've always liked Bowe and would love to see the guy in purple and Gold.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Can you leave me alone? You aren't the forum police. You are extremely average.
    Wish I could say the same for you.....

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I have a feeling we will resign Simpson for a year. Being suspended for the first 3 games of the season and then the fluke back injury really threw him off his game in my opinion. I would be fine giving him another 1 or 2 year deal on the cheap to see if he can improve. He was looking a little better near the end of this year. So that crosses Mike Wallace off the list.

After Frazier talked about Harvin today I don't think we will be trading him. The value Harvin gives us is much greater to us than what the market is going to give us back for his services. So that crosses Jennings off the list. Even if we don't bring back Harvin I don't see why Wright wouldn't be given a shot in the slot before going out and spending money on Jennings.

That leaves Bowe as the only viable option that is left and I just don't see us coughing up the money to sign him. Like other have said Barden is probably a better option just because of the price tag. If Heyward-Bey is also available he would fit this role pretty nicely too. So that basically crosses Bowe off the list unless we somehow decide to open up the checkbook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Ramses Barden idea is a solid one but it all depends on his price. The Redskins gave 6 million a year to Josh Morgan so you never know what the market could pay a guy. But like someone else said earlier, Barden does fit the low risk/high reward type that Spielman seems to like. He is raw but you gotta be intrigued by a guy who is 6'6 225 pounds and has some decent wheels. Give me DHB and Ramses Barden and I'd be fairly happy with that.
    These are probably the best two names after Bowe, Jennings and Wallace. It is going to be interesting to see how the market shapes up, and weather drastically over-paying for guys becomes the new norm. I liked both Vincent Jackson and Pierre Garcon, but I can't say that I'm sore that neither of them are Vikings considering what we would have had to pay to land them.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    My vote goes to Bowe. But the thought of what he will want $$$ might make us all think twice. Then if Harvin wants to get paid how do we smooth over the fact Bowe would come in with a 9 million contract when Harvin is the one that has left it on the field for this team? That is why Speilman will go Barden. A younger player with upside and then keep Havin and probably resign Simpson to a cheap deal.
    Hell yeah guys! Barden will be a great pick-up for us! I would be ecstatic if we signed him and got on of the sexy wr's in this draft class.

vCash
    Bowe is the dream signing but realistically I see us picking up someone like Danario Alexander, resigning Percy and drafting a WR in the second rd. I'm hoping we take a shut-down corner in the first. Banks or Rhodes would be nice.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Bowe is the dream signing but realistically I see us picking up someone like Danario Alexander, resigning Percy and drafting a WR in the second rd. I'm hoping we take a shut-down corner in the first. Banks or Rhodes would be nice.
    Reports are saying that the Chargers will place the highest tender of Alexander (a 1st and 3rd). No way the Vikings even sniff him at that price tag. Which this bothers me a lot because as soon as Alexander was released by the Rams I really wanted us to take a chance on him.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 01-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    These are probably the best two names after Bowe, Jennings and Wallace. It is going to be interesting to see how the market shapes up, and weather drastically over-paying for guys becomes the new norm. I liked both Vincent Jackson and Pierre Garcon, but I can't say that I'm sore that neither of them are Vikings considering what we would have had to pay to land them.
    I would of loved to have landed Garcon. I'm hoping that with Bowe/Wallace/Jennings on the market that teams over look DHB and Barden and we can swoop them up while the rest fight over the top guys. However, if we trade Percy then this is a different story.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234