Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flowers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Because he has been above average. Shouldn't have to explain it.
    He's been bad, no need for explanation. Defense has never been what Flowers hangs his hat on and it still isn't. Find me a scout who says he'll be above average and maybe I can be swayed - but I've followed his career and everyone so far has said that it'll be a trial to see if he can even stick in the majors at catcher.

vCash
    I'm going to say he finishes season with a higher OPS than AJ
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    He's been bad, no need for explanation. Defense has never been what Flowers hangs his hat on and it still isn't. Find me a scout who says he'll be above average and maybe I can be swayed - but I've followed his career and everyone so far has said that it'll be a trial to see if he can even stick in the majors at catcher.
    That was before he played in the majors.....as a catcher. He's played the position the last 2 years, and has been very good defensively when he played.

I see no reason that won't continue when he gets the chance to play every day. If anything, he still has the chance to get better.

vCash
    It's actually been widely mentioned in numerous articles that his defense since joining the Sox organization has dramatically improved and that he is a definite upgrade over Pierzynski. His durability might be an issue because a player his size can easily develop knee issues and not everyone is as indestructable as AJ.

Predictions - Starts mediocre, gets hot, goes into a funk, then finishes post all-star break good. Overall season ~ .257 avg. .320 obp 22 HR

vCash
    Flowers has worked extremely hard on his defense and it has shown throwing out 33% of base runners last year.

When the Sox first got him he was not touted for his defensive abilities. Scouts loved his bat but didnt think he had a position back in 2009. But like I have said he has worked and gotten a lot better behind the plate.

vCash
    I have to say that I don't have high hopes for Flowers. I'd say ok defense...
    .240/.310/.380 with 15 HRs and 55 RBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    http://www.csnchicago.com/whitesoxvideo#

Go to video about CTL crew talking about end of Pierzynski era (4th video) and start around 1:30 they just talk about how white sox are very high on Flowers' defense.
    Last edited by dominater6192; 01-07-2013 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Flowers is terrible on defense. I don't need to explain this. Kate Upton isn't hot. I don't need to explain that either. Find me a Martian that thinks Kate Upton is hot and MAYBE, just MAYYYYBBBEEEE, I'll reconsider.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12