Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who plays D?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Excellence in Truculence.
    that's it Kinger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    The Leafs are going to be weak on defence this year in their own end and it will really show if Reimer has a sub par season. If the Leafs acquire a legit starter they won't be exposed as much. The Leafs don't have an elephant to play the shut down role and clear the front of the net unless Komi built a time machine during the strike.
    Komisarek, unless he plays great will be buyout. I don't know when but he should be.

Also, don't have to worry about Reimer because Luongo will be our starter

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Komisarek, unless he plays great will be buyout. I don't know when but he should be.

Also, don't have to worry about Reimer because Luongo will be our starter
    He can't be bought out till next year so that doesn't help at all

vCash
    What would it cost us in picks if we offered PK Suban a contract the Habs would be hard pressed to match? They have a tough cap situation right now and cant exercise a buyout until the offseason.
    I'm not saying we should do it. Just curious about the cost to us.

vCash
    Did rfa rules change?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    What would it cost us in picks if we offered PK Suban a contract the Habs would be hard pressed to match? They have a tough cap situation right now and cant exercise a buyout until the offseason.
    I'm not saying we should do it. Just curious about the cost to us.
    definitely would be a first round pick +, maybe 2. They still have to release the details of the CBA, i haven't seen anything "offer-sheet" specific yet.

I wouldn't give up that first unless we could get a reliable goalie, and right now the only guy that comes to mind is Luongo.

Loungo and Subban for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd (for Subban if he gets $4.7m-$6.2m), Kadri, Bozak, and Percy is pretty decent. That D core would be filthy for years to come, plus Subban could be walking distance to the Sportsnet studios. Win-Win

But looking at it logically i don't see it happening. They (MTL) have a little under $4.2m to work with this summer add in the Gomez buy-out , which WILL happen, and they are good to go. As of right now they have $6m and could easily afford him.

It would be a pretty ballsy move for Burke, but would definitely win back some die hard leaf fans. I'm sure fans would love to see the leafs stick it to the Habs but unless Marc Bergevin has suffered a recent blow to the head, i think Subban will be a had for a few more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Did rfa rules change?
    i was wondering the same thing, i've seen nothing yet

vCash
    I hate Subban on the Habs, but would love him here. No way it happens though. They will lock him up long term probably before Jan. 19

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I hate Subban on the Habs, but would love him here. No way it happens though. They will lock him up long term probably before Jan. 19
    they would have to, he doesn't have a contract. I think he will get done before Training Camp starts

vCash
    They might just give him a 2 yr deal...I dont know if he deserves a.longterm big money deal yet

vCash
    I was more asking if the rfa rules changed, and thanks for the info. We'll have to see how things go. It would be interesting though if they changed things up to make the RFA market more active.

vCash
    Lot`s of speculation that Reilly could make the team out of camp. Dreger says that Gardiner will be out a while and speculated the Leafs are interested in letting him play up here. Carlyle said that they have no worries playing him in the NHL (Reilly).

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Lot`s of speculation that Reilly could make the team out of camp. Dreger says that Gardiner will be out a while and Carlyle said that they have no worries playing him in the NHL (Reilly).
    Does no one ever learn...why rush these prospects...is Reilly really going to be the difference between the Leafs making the playoffs or not? Let him finish off the year in junior and go from there. Please don't ruin another highly drafted prospect

vCash
    Hey, i don`t like it either but that`s what is in the news. Leafs also might sign Ranger to a big-league deal, Dallas Eakins was talking to the media and said he expects to lose a few players to call-ups and or signings, Ranger was one he mentioned.

vCash
    The team is in trouble with bodies on the back end. They need to sign someone. They have no choice. Really hoping Rielly stays down but they might give him the 9 games or so unt Gardiner can come back.

I think Sportsnet has a list of UFAs. I need to check it out.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast