Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who plays D?

vCash

Who plays D?

Glad the lockout is over, but my question for everyone is who plays defence once the season starts? We traded Schenn, Franson signed a full year deal in Europe and has no intentions on coming back, Gardiner is out with concussion like symptoms. So we really only have Phaneuf, Liles, Gunner, and Komi. I think we should leave our juniors in the CHL for the rest of the year and not waste a year of their entry level contracts, so who becomes an option for them now? Ranger? Blacker? Holzer? Kostka? Fraser?

Go!

vCash
    No idea but if Dion comes to camp in shape he could have a great short season. He won't have the fall off he normally has with an 82 game schedule. There is also a good chance he isn't in shape, i haven't really heard anything about him playing overseas or keeping busy.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Dion - Gunner
    Liles - Komi
    Holzer - ?

vCash
    Franson still has to be resigned. I'm not sure if Gardiner's back from his concussion yet or not. Paul Ranger may get a look in camp.

vCash
    They've only got the 6 guys signed so someone needs to
    Come in. I'm worried they'll keep Reilly. He doesn't need to be here yet. A lot of guys still left with no contracts and the Leafs have money to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Franson still has to be resigned. I'm not sure if Gardiner's back from his concussion yet or not. Paul Ranger may get a look in camp.
    Gettig Ranger off the Marlies wont be easy , think he has a few resrictions.

vCash
    ^
    You're right. They actually have to sign him to an NHL contract. Whether it be 1 way or 2 way. Right now he's not on an official 2 way deal with the Maple Leafs. It's kinda weird but that's what I gather from what I've been reading. He's basically signed by our affiliate not our big club.

vCash
    Franson has no commitment to stay in sweden. He can leave when he wants. I think shutting Gardiner down would be good, let him heal up.

Phanuef- Gun show
    Liles- Franson
    Holzer- Komi

regarding Franson:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/01...nson-in-lineup

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4580356/

old articles but it's straight from his agent, only two things stand in his way to being a leaf:

1: Lockout must end (check)
    2: Leafs must sign him (in-progress)

Leafs could re-file arbitration and if it's less than $3.5m the leafs have to accept it (according to TSN's list of new rules). I forget where the negotiations left off but i doubt he got more than that.

vCash
    Paul ranger will make the team...they were talking him up quite a bit during yesterdays game..plus he has been playing in the ahl longer to get back into game shape...I still also believe franson has an out if we resign him

vCash
    Ok so dont shoot me but do u think Reilly should get a 9 game shot....he has played a lot of junior this yr.Or are junior players aloud to come to camp?? Thoughts?

vCash
    So we'll be taking 7 guys out of camp for sure.

Phaneuf, Gunnar, Liles, Komisarek, Franson(he'll be there), Holzer and probably right now Ranger once Burke gets the contract issue cleared up. Gardiner won't be ready I'm just assuming and I hope to god they don't keep Morgan Rielly up here. Let him finish his year out. I don't know how things are going to work in regards to giving kids the 9 game shot in an abbreviated season. As of this morning NHL GM's were still waiting for word on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Ok so dont shoot me but do u think Reilly should get a 9 game shot....he has played a lot of junior this yr.Or are junior players aloud to come to camp?? Thoughts?
    Take him into camp so he knows what he's up against next year. But I'd send him back. No need to rush him unless he comes into camp and looks like Bobby Orr. I also think that he may have a leg up on ALOT of other guys on our backend heading into camp because he's played all year.

vCash
    ^have you guys seen something i haven't? I saw that the opening game date is Jan.15.

vCash
    Carl Gunnarsson ‏@carl_gun
    Seems like it's finally time to pack the bags. Excited to get going #nhlpa
    We can always count on the gun show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    ^have you guys seen something i haven't? I saw that the opening game date is Jan.15.
    Depends how fast the deal gets ratified. But I've heard the same. Nothing set in stone as of yet, just alot of ball parking.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast