Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury Update?

vCash

Injury Update?

Hey guys, now that we have hockey starting soon I was curious as to who may not be ready to play when the season starts.

I know Giroux, Briere, Gustafsson, and M.A.B. were all nicked up but will they be ready to go?

Meszaros had that surgery a while ago...is he ready for action?

Any updates would be appreciated!

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Everyone seems good to go right now. Mez probably isn't ready right off the bat, but I wouldn't be shocked if by February he's back on the roster.
    mikeOLT!

There's no "I" in "win"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Everyone seems good to go right now. Mez probably isn't ready right off the bat, but I wouldn't be shocked if by February he's back on the roster.
    That's great news. IMO we really need Mez back as our Defense is looking like our weakness.

Without Mez what are the pairings?

Schenn - Coburn
    Grossmann - Timonen
    Gervais - Syvret/Manning/M.A.B./Gus?

Ugh...

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Insane we're gonna get a season, my first thought was, oh damn we might not see much time without Mez. I remember Homer saying after the surgey he expected him back by December....

I'd keep Coburn and Grossmann together, thats a great old school style pairing. And I'd put Schenn with Timonen until Mez returns. Let Schenn just do the dirty work and let Timonen do the skating, should be a good way to get Schenn started on this team

Gross - Cob
    Schenn - Timm
    Gervais/Manning - Gus (<--- dont know much about Gervias, but im not too thrilled about him. I'll probably like Gus and Manning a lot more)

vCash
    I thought I remember Homer saying he could be ready if the lockout ended in January. Even if he does end up missing time, it should be a couple of week, which isn't horrible.

vCash
    Flyers D is going to be terrible. The may be in line for a high draft pick this season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Flyers D is going to be terrible. The may be in line for a high draft pick this season!
    i agree, especially when we buy out ilya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    really disagree. Defense will be decent, but with all the defensive forwards on this team, they'll be fine.

The day Matt Walker is a top 6 guy on this team, than yes the defense will be terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    really disagree. Defense will be decent, but with all the defensive forwards on this team, they'll be fine.

The day Matt Walker is a top 6 guy on this team, than yes the defense will be terrible.
    i agree

grossman/coburn are capable of shutting down any top fwd line in the league.

it's if we can stay healthy and schenn can pick up his game

grossman/coburn
    meszaros/schenn
    timonen/gusto (or whoever wins out that 6 spot)

not a bad top 6

vCash
    i thought gus could take over timonen's role this season if he had to so id go

grossmann/coburn
    schenn/timonen
    gus/manning

was impressed by manning when he was called up last year.

timonen and gus on powerplay units with voracek and read on points. they played b. schenn on the point some last year to i think

lol bryz

vCash
    Homer made the statement today that Mez has been cleared by Doctors for full contact!

Good news to hear that 12 days before the season even starts.

Found on Sam Carchidi's twitter

vCash
    whats up with pronger. him being at training camp? just a locker room thing or is there still hope.

i personally think he is done but optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    whats up with pronger. him being at training camp? just a locker room thing or is there still hope.

i personally think he is done but optimistic
    I'm 99.9% sure he's done

Everyone feel free to speculate the Flyers will try to sham the NHL into thinking he's roster spot worthy, and will just be "healthy"-scratched all season, and then amnesty over the summer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure he's done

Everyone feel free to speculate the Flyers will try to sham the NHL into thinking he's roster spot worthy, and will just be "healthy"-scratched all season, and then amnesty over the summer
    that's what i was thinking but i don't think they would let that fly haha

vCash
    Yah prongs is done....moral / coaching support he's ltir and hasn't even put on skates...

I hear Danny boy could be injured..

Heard Gus is still gimpy but he also hasn't been very productive this year. Manning has looked horrible so far this year and someone getting a lot of hype who has looked good is my boys Oliver Lauridsen and even Blake Kessel has been playing GREAT. I'm really excited about Blake he's been playing better then Gus MAB and Manning so far

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast