Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Anyone going to the scrimmage tomorrow?
    where is it ?? and what time?

vCash
    I'm trying two of my friends were supposed to pick up tickets, but they sold out before one of them could get there so now we have 1 ticket that 4 people want lol

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    It "sold" out quickly!
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    It "sold" out quickly!
    are they playing that scrimmage against the P-Bruins ??

vCash
    It "sold" out quickly!
    Ya, i was expecting there to be tickets around noon so my other friend could pick some up after he was out of class. I'm just pissed the box office wsn't open yesterday when I was waiting for practice to start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    are they playing that scrimmage against the P-Bruins ??
    Yes
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Yes
    It'll be in Boston right? Only asking because i remember going to a preseason game years ago where The B's and Devils played at the Dunk, so maybe there's a small chance they'll travel down here for the game....

vCash
    http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10428

WILMINGTON, MA – You can’t beat the commute to work these days if you’re Jay Pandolfo.

The Burlington High legend owns a home in Winchester with his wife and two children, and is shuttling back and forth between the TD Garden and Wilmington’s Ristuccia Arena while on a training camp tryout with the hometown Boston Bruins. It’s obviously a dream-come-true scenario for Pandolfo after growing up a Bruins fan before starring at Boston University and winning a pair of Stanley Cups with the New Jersey Devils.

“If I get a chance to play with the Bruins it will probably be killing penalties in a bottom-six forward role and adding some depth,” said Pandolfo. “It’s been great in [camp]. Being a kid growing up here and being a huge fan [of the Bruins] it’s great just to wear [the B’s sweater]. Whatever happens, either way it is just great.

“Even talking to [Brian Rolston] and [Mike Mottau] when they came in here last year, they really enjoyed their time in Boston. You know it’s a great group of guys, it’s a great organization and they have a great chance to win another Cup this season. So we’ll see what happens.”

But the 38-year-old Pandolfo can still help an NHL hockey club, and simply wanted a chance to prove it coming out of the 119-day lockout. If the 2012-13 NHL season had been cancelled the chances are very good that Pandolfo would have called it a career, and the likelihood remains that this season might be his last go-round. But there’s also a belief among the B’s brass that Pandolfo’s strengths – penalty killing, shot-blocking and defensive forward play – are exactly the kind of things that would mesh nicely with the current cast of Bruins forward personnel.

He also skated with players like Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand and Daniel Paille during the NHL lockout – as well as in summers past – and has a good feel for this Bruins club on and off the ice.

“They’ve always been a great group of guys and I was always very comfortable playing for Claude in New Jersey,” said Pandolfo.

That “Claude” is Claude Julien, of course, who fondly remembers his days coaching Pandolfo in New Jersey, when he teamed with John Madden as a pair of PK demons that played a big role in the Devils’ rise to Cup glory.

“He was a really good player and I always thought he was by far our best penalty killer [in New Jersey],” said Julien. “The one thing I’ve always said about him is that he’s never received the credit he deserves. You have guys that are unsung heroes and he was certainly one of those guys.

“That’s from before I even got to New Jersey. They had that tandem of Madden and Pandolfo, but Pando to me was a smart guy that was making really good decisions on that [PK] until. You saw that even today. He’s not afraid to block shots and has some really good qualities. Not only that but he’s really a class act, and to have him on a tryout is something we unanimously agreed on.”

It may come down to a simple numbers game for Pandolfo, who had similar tryout offers from a handful of NHL clubs. But in a short 48-game abbreviated season where the Bruins will be playing every other day in the months of March and April, each NHL club will need a heady veteran capable of remaining effective in spot duty.

That could be exactly the right kind of role for Pandolfo in Black and Gold as his hockey career comes full circle to where it began as a hockey star for the Red Devils and Terriers in the high school and college ranks respectively.

Joe Haggerty
    Do the rosters expand at all due to the amount of games in short period of time? they usually have what 12 fwds, 6 dman, and 2 goalies (dressed) with an extra fwd and dman on the roster, but if they can expand it i would like to see him stick around.

vCash
    I think there is a 23 roster limit. I wouldn't mind him as the 13th forward at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I think there is a 23 roster limit. I wouldn't mind him as the 13th forward at all
    Agreed. I'd rather him be the 13th fwd than someone younger who could be playing down in Providence

vCash
    My thoughts exactly

vCash
    I think the guy can help this club and wouldn't mind seeing him step in at the 12th/13th depending on the matchups.

vCash
    Now if Bourque happens to play well on that 3rd line, what happens when Caron comes back?

Day 2 for Training Camp, via Bruins.nhl.com:

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|BOS|home
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 01-14-2013 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Now if Bourque happens to play well on that 3rd line, what happens when Caron comes back?

Day 2 for Training Camp, via Bruins.nhl.com:

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|BOS|home
    Keep him in Providence and let him try and build value or ship him out for prospect(s) or pick(s)

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    This shortened season added to the 119 days of "rest" will be huge for players like Pandolfo, and Mottau, etc. I liked Mottau a lot. Disagree with Bruins not bringing Mottau back.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast