Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Shawn thornton has been boxing, taking jujitsu, and skating over the lockout....that's what i like to hear

source: Sports Sunday, word of mouth (Shawn THornton) CSNNE
    Sweet can't wait to see a standing guillotine applied this season when a guy just wants to wrap up and turtle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    Sweet can't wait to see a standing guillotine applied this season when a guy just wants to wrap up and turtle.
    i have no idea what that is but i assume it has to do with either jujitsu or boxing

vCash
    i have no idea what that is but i assume it has to do with either jujitsu or boxing
    Its a BJJ submission move - it a standing choke - makes them go night night.

I would imagine if he tried he would get a hefty fine and suspension but would be a riot to see him do it.

Love the idea of boxing tho - sounds like he is really preparing to enforce and patrol the ice more this year

vCash
    Its a BJJ submission move - it a standing choke - makes them go night night.

I would imagine if he tried he would get a hefty fine and suspension but would be a riot to see him do it.

Love the idea of boxing tho - sounds like he is really preparing to enforce and patrol the ice more this year
    yeah, he's boxed for a while now....I love Thornton, such an underrated player in the NHL. obviously we B's fans know his game.

vCash
    yeah, he's boxed for a while now....I love Thornton, such an underrated player in the NHL. obviously we B's fans know his game.
    He is an important player for this team and maybe even more valuable this year with a shortened season and a playoff atmosphere right out of the gate. I wouldn't be opposed to this team picking up a 2nd enforcer and rolling them both out on the 4th line some nights.

vCash
    He is an important player for this team and maybe even more valuable this year with a shortened season and a playoff atmosphere right out of the gate. I wouldn't be opposed to this team picking up a 2nd enforcer and rolling them both out on the 4th line some nights.
    they have MacDermid and Robins in the minors...both are enforcers, i think CJ likes Paille too much to replace him with another enforcer though, i wouldn't be opposed to Mac/Robins getting some shot this year though.

vCash
    Joe Haggerty Article from CSNNE
    http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...11&feedID=3352

With the NHL lockout over and a regular season for the Boston Bruins just around the corner, the chatter naturally turns to roster debates. The third line winger role was one of the few open competition spots on the Boston roster with Jordan Caron, Chris Bourque and Ryan Spooner standing as the three most likely candidates.

Whichever forward makes the Boston club will likely slot in with Rich Peverley and Chris Kelly on a third line that’s proven to be vital to the B’s success over the last two years.

While the 21-year-old Caron was long thought to be the favorite to claim that spot after finishing off last year with a flourish in that role, the former first round pick suffered an upper body injury on Friday night skating with the Providence Bruins. According to reports, Caron left the ice holding his left arm gingerly immediately after sustaining the injury.

P-Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy had indicated that Caron would be out almost three weeks, and that would keep him out of the Boston lineup for at least the first handful of games.

Caron has actually struggled a bit with eight points (6 goals, 2 assists) in 31 games along with a minus-6 rating for Providence, and those numbers look even more tepid when considering the Bruins forward collected three of those goals in one bravura performance against the Manchester Monarchs.

Meanwhile the 26-year-old Bourque, who graduates to a one-way contract with Boston in 2013-14 no matter what happens this season, has 27 points (8 goals, 19 assists) in 31 games for a Providence team that hasn’t exactly been lighting it up offensively.

“Every night he makes a couple of high-end plays," P-Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "Sometimes [the rest of the guys] aren’t ready for them.

“He does some high-end things that our guys are getting used to. He’ll take some high-risk plays, but they work out a lot more than they don’t when it’s him making them. He’s competitive, he cares, he battles and he wants to be out there all the time.

Clearly the history of the Bourque family in Black and Gold would make him a compelling story off the ice, but he’s also consistently been Providence’s best player on the ice. The 20-year-old Spooner has 19 points (7 goals, 12 assists) in 25 games for Providence during his first full AHL season, and has shown the kind of offensive instincts and playmaking skills that were advertised as a 2010 second round draft pick.

The expectation is that a handful of players – including Bourque, Spooner and perhaps Lane MacDermid and Jamie Tardif among others – will be called up to Boston at the end of next week for a brief NHL training camp prior to a 48-50 game season.

May the best man – or the healthiest, anyway – win the spot.
    pretty good read!

vCash
    http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10944

Could be opening at home in a matinee vs. Toronto

vCash
    First game Jan 19th in Montreal? Thank God

My bet is Bourque gets the third line spot and Johnson or one of Warsofsky/Bartkowski/Trotman but honestly nobody in Providence has shined this year. Spooner is actually playing really well and would have more points if there was someone else who could score on that team.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Any update on who we will be playing Jan 19th cause I heard we aren't playing Montreal anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    Any update on who we will be playing Jan 19th cause I heard we aren't playing Montreal anymore.
    Ch 7 is saying possibly NYR at home on the 19th.
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    How fat and out of shape do you think Lucic and Marchand will come to camp in. They strike me as the overindulgant type.

vCash
    Rangers? How fun would that be huh Danny
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Wow at home for our first game..the gardens gonna be rockin. Hope we get to play Vancouver sometime as well..ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    Wow at home for our first game..the gardens gonna be rockin. Hope we get to play Vancouver sometime as well..ray:
    no western teams, just in conference games

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast