Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Pj's Rotation

vCash

Pj's Rotation

I love the fact that PJ is giving his players minutes. I was always critical of Avery's stubbornness of not playing Teletovic and Brooks. The truth of it all is that you don't get all five guys on the court to play top notch D, so you got a few that play good D and guys that get you buckets and average D. All teams have that.

Teletovic was the best player in Euroleague and he can't get on the court for Avery.

Brooks is a scorer. Simple as that. He can score and there is no question about it.

Stackhouse and Bogans should not get the minutes they are getting. They should play in smaller spurts and situational.

Pj is giving to thrive with this roster because he is not overly demanding and I believe he understands what players can and cannot do and works with it. Avery was spoiled when he first got the Dallas job. He also should know better by playing for and coaching alongside Pop and Nelson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman1910 View Post
    Pj is giving to thrive with this roster because he is not overly demanding and I believe he understands what players can and cannot do and works with it. Avery was spoiled when he first got the Dallas job. He also should know better by playing for and coaching alongside Pop and Nelson.
    PJ was a college coach and has some experience with rebuilding teams. I like how he uses Teletovic more. Brooks though is still being used inconsistently. There are games where he plays 2 minutes, 8 minutes and like yesterday 20 minutes. This guy should play at least 10 minutes every game, period. I am no coach but it's obvious this guy has some sick offensive talent, who in their right mind would not want to use that?

vCash
    Very excited to see both Brooks and Tele be apart of this offense. Brooks has had two 10+ FGA out of the first 6 games under PJ. He didn't have any under Johnson. Just to see Tele get minutes is great. Both of them look like they have confidence under PJ that they didn't have under Johnson. Maybe their is less pressure, more preparedness, but whatever it is I hope they can maintain it!
    Ballin-

vCash
    I think PJ is doing a decent job, considering he is coming in when he is.

This team in a couple months will be at the top, and as long as they are in the top 8, will be a threat to any team.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    PJC is doing a very good job. He is actually coaching and not just putting players out there hoping they perform miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I like the rotation but we can't get hung up on our bench scoring 19 in the 2nd quarter last night. Brooks and Mirza fit well together with MarShon drawing doubles in the paint kicking it to Mirza. But yet again, Mirza is streaky and we caught him on a good night

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    I like the rotation but we can't get hung up on our bench scoring 19 in the 2nd quarter last night. Brooks and Mirza fit well together with MarShon drawing doubles in the paint kicking it to Mirza. But yet again, Mirza is streaky and we caught him on a good night
    I think it's too early to label Mirza as streaky. He's never been given a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I think it's too early to label Mirza as streaky. He's never been given a chance.
    Well streaky or not under Avery the man was given three 3 point shots a game. He was removed from the floor whether he made them or not. I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but **** Avery. Poor hand clap Lawrence Frank is definitely not a worse coach than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Well streaky or not under Avery the man was given three 3 point shots a game. He was removed from the floor whether he made them or not. I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but **** Avery. Poor hand clap Lawrence Frank is definitely not a worse coach than him.
    It's hard to find a rhythm as an Euro in the NBA without consistent PT and patience. He was given 3 shots and benched if he missed them. That is ridiculous. Just like MarShon would be benched after one missed assignment.

Avery was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    im curious to see what he does when humphries comes back. 5 quality bigs but only 4 spots available.

brooks and teletovic seemed to have earned playing time, along with the current dose of blatche. watson will keep his role with taylor struggling. that leaves a hole at the other wing position for stack and bogans.

i see stackhouse's role decreasing but maybe that is just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I always thought if you have a .400 shooter on your bench(or starter) like from the 3 or even 2pt jump shot. You can't expect him to make his 10+ points a night, with less than 5 touches.

At 5 attempts, a good shooter should have 2 3pt's made minimum. But if your not giving someone that many, than your crazy, because you can't expect your shooters to get a groove instantly.

The reason most 3pt'ers end up with .400, is cause it takes a few attempts to warm it up. Everyone wishes they could just send in a bench player for 15 minutes and get 10+ points on +.500 shooting, especially from the 3.

vCash
    That is how Harden got his 6th man of the year.

Off the bench, was making 17pts, with .500 shooting and .400 3pt shooting. Hell that is better than most teams average starters. However, he was getting starter minutes(31 average), and like I said, was averaging 10 attempts a game on shooting, and 5 attempts from the 3.

He was making 2 of 5 on average from 3pt, but could also make 5 of 10 from 2pt.

This is the recipe for success.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.