Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    [QUOTE=FYL_McVeezy;25001962]NO

You thank Felton, Prigs and JKidd for getting him the ball. Tyson still doesn't create a shot for himself, at no fault of his own however, it's just not his skill set. I think he's worthy of being an all-star reserve.[/QUOTE

I agree..

To add to that I see Chandler picking his spots more on the defensive end and staying out of foul trouble which has plagued him in the past. His overall efficiency rating is top 20 so we are much better when he is on the floor.

If he gets in foul trouble then what? Sheed has been out almost half the season. We already know how STAT feels about playing center, not to mention he just returned from injury. Camby is a shell of himself. So its important Chandler stays on the floor not on the bench in foul trouble trying to block every shot.

He will never have a mid range game.. He will never be Patrick Ewing offensively. He is what he is and we are a better team when he is on the floor.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    The pick n roll has been very effective so far this year for Tyson. But as far as him becoming a better offensive player...if not for the dunk shot on the pick n roll he would be an offensive liability.

With that being said....Tyson , just like Melo cant allow his emotions to effect his overall game. Teams are going to take away the pickn roll but lets not get frustrated and pick up Ts and silly fouls because you cant score or get to the line.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingzofkweenz View Post
    why?

vCash
    It just seems that he is about 10% more fluid and athletic than he used to be... He seems to make a few more per game that require a bit of athleticism than he used to.... Nobody sees this?

vCash
    Why didn't Jared Jeffries work with Hakeem?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Why didn't Jared Jeffries work with Hakeem?
    chandler never got to train with Hakeem.

one of the mods needs to either fix the title or close this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthFreesYou View Post
    It seems that Tyson is a bit more athletic, more smooth and skilled around the basket than he used to be... This is huge!! Do we thank Hakeem The Dream for this???

It really helps when he can make those 4-5 footers, unlike other years when he would clang them... Dunks are dunks, but these mini-shots matter, and he used to miss a few every game!

Thanks for the hard work in the off-season, Tyson!
    Wow, after those missed layups last night....

vCash
    Chandler never worked out with Hakeem. However I did see him at my school's gym working with Keke Vandeweghe on multiple occasions during the summer. His younger sister plays basketball at my school, so I guess that's why he was there though.

vCash
    Heres an article that talks about his offense
    heres the link to the page its on just scroll down: http://www.knicksfix.com/buzz.html

heres what it says, good read

"Tyson Chandler has taken some steps forward this year in terms of his offensive production. While he still seems to use the same offensive arsenal, it is his combination of continued efficiency and aggression that is making him a threat when the Knicks have the ball.

From watching the games, there's a noticeable difference in how defenses look to guard Tyson. Opposing centers guarding Chandler have come to respect the pick and roll threat as well as the lob pass. For the informed Knick fans, we would know Tyson was scheduled to work with Hakeem Olajuwon this summer to better his game on the opposing side of the court. However, what many do not know is that Tyson never made it to Hakeem's camp. Although it is not clear why he never attended, the Olympics could have kept Chandler busy.

So what is the difference in Tyson's offense this year? Is it the point guard play? Partially; but the other part is Chandler's mindset. Normally, it would only take one player to defend Chandler, but now things are different. With him being more aggressive, teams generally have their opposite wing slide down during the pick and roll process. As a result, if the pass isn't there for Chandler, there's more room for wings to get a shot off. Steve Novak, if you're reading this, next time say thanks to Tyson when you see him. But Novak is not alone, and perhaps the biggest beneficiary to Chandler's play has been Carmelo Anthony. Have you noticed him getting a few wide-open threes and jumpers every game? Ladies and gentlemen you can thank Tyson Chandler for that.

So next time you're watching the Knick games, take a look at Chandler and his impact. Although his game isn't "sexy", it makes the Knicks a whole lot better."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123