chandler never trained with hakeem...
    Hi

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-c...ks-300x300.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    noooo..im commenting to the person who said he didn't train with him...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well even Wally has stated multiple time Chandler just didn't show up, and more times than not he don't show up early.

I'm a bit confused though, last yr as DPOY he finished the season with Bibby as the PG and as Anji stated those drives to the baskets by multiple Magic players would not have happened that often.

Kidd and Pablo are not quick but better than bibby and Chandler was no where to be found.

His defense seems to be in spurts and when Sheed returns he needs to be all out all the time.

Even now we have Camby and STAT to back him up.

I never thought I'd say this but STAT played better defense than chandler yesterday.
    I really do think the gameplan is for Tyson not to leave his man to help. Everytime it seems like he just doesn't contest the guards he flips out on the guy who got beat. He covered so many holes last season I find it hard to believe he just stopped putting in effort. He pretty much goes out of his way to note the change in our defensive schemes because I am sure he watches the film and knows it looks real bad at times the way he just lets guys waltz in.

Either way, gameplan or not, if you have to help, you have to help. You can't just not rotate and help on the guard because Woody wants the perimeter guys to lock them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I really do think the gameplan is for Tyson not to leave his man to help. Everytime it seems like he just doesn't contest the guards he flips out on the guy who got beat. He covered so many holes last season I find it hard to believe he just stopped putting in effort. He pretty much goes out of his way to note the change in our defensive schemes because I am sure he watches the film and knows it looks real bad at times the way he just lets guys waltz in.

Either way, gameplan or not, if you have to help, you have to help. You can't just not rotate and help on the guard because Woody wants the perimeter guys to lock them down.
    See this is more of what I'm thinking but in the 4th quarter tho it seems like he just goes back to what he did last year.I mean to me in our first couple games he helped a good amount but he didn't have to as much as he has had to lately. I mean this is kind of getting nuts right now. I mean it also seems like he ramps up the D when his guards play hard as well because if they are playing hard he is in on just about every defensive play.

vCash
    He could work on an outside jump shot and have some post moves. I can't see why he can't do those things except laziness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post
    He could work on an outside jump shot and have some post moves. I can't see why he can't do those things except laziness.
    I have to agree he needs a go to move. I don't care if the only move he has is a hook shot but he needs something. I doubt it's do to laziness I just think he never had somebody put in a good amount of work with him on his offensive game. I mean most teams are happy with what he brings. He had the chance to get some work in with Hakeem but not nearly enough. I hope he takes this summer as a great opportunity to work with a Kareem or a Patrick or a Hakeem but preferably one of the first two because they have more basic moves that I think he can excel with!

vCash
    Tyson hasn't gotten better, they say he has a 15 footer ain't seen it. I love what he brings on offense and defense this year, but I don't see improvement.

vCash
    i can't really blame tyson for those easy buckets most of these guards was getting since he had more help (shump) last year than he did this year. most of are guards get blown at the perimeter and chandler is left picking up the dirty work

last year nobody passed shump or it lead to a shump steal or pick pocket. chandler didn't have to worry about guards driving to the basket like he does now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    noooo..im commenting to the person who said he didn't train with him...lol
    Just cause there are pics of him with Hakeem means he officially trained with him? Come on.. We can say the same for Melo then also. Of course they spoke but I don't see anything new from Tyson on the offensive side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Just cause there are pics of him with Hakeem means he officially trained with him? Come on.. We can say the same for Melo then also. Of course they spoke but I don't see anything new from Tyson on the offensive side.
    Look Weezy I havent had enough coffee yet

I say the pic confirms it other than that I have nothing

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...akeem-olajuwon

A source close to Amare Stoudemire told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks' power forward will work with NBA legend and post-up coach Hakeem Olajuwon later this offseason.

Olajuwon will fly to New York in August to train with Stoudemire. The source also said Tyson Chandler might join Stoudemire for the workouts, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Olajuwon, 49, has previously worked one-on-one with three of the best players in the game: Kobe Bryant (2009), Dwight Howard (2010) and LeBron James last summer. Each player showed immediate improvement on the block in the following season.

Stoudemire's future work with Olajuwon could signal Mike Woodson's coaching strategy to use him more in the low post and have Chandler become the team's main high pick-and-roller with Jeremy Lin and Carmelo Anthony. (Stoudemire has more of a foundation in the low post already.)

In this scenario, the Knicks could have more defined roles and less crowding on the court, which would lead to better ball movement and scoring opportunities. They also need to score more in the paint and have more bodies for offensive rebounds besides Chandler, as they finished this past season in the middle of the league in both categories.

Stoudemire has never been a consistent back-to-the-basket threat -- he has mostly scored off drives, midrange jumpshots and pick-and-rolls -- but if he can combine his intensity and aggressiveness with some new moves from Olajuwon, he could be a more complete threat.

Stoudemire is currently traveling overseas for a couple of weeks. Once he returns, he'll start a training program with a conditioning coach and physical therapist for his back. He suffered a bulging lower disk toward the end of this past season.

Stoudemire was not in Los Angeles this past week to meet with Woodson, Lin, Anthony and members of the coaching and training staff; he was in Chicago, hosting his Nike big man camp for top high school and college players.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Olajuwon worked with Stat, there is video of him working with Melo at the Mini camp. I've seen nothing of Tyson working with him though.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    I thought we hire him for like a week or two to train with our bigs?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...2425--nba.html
    Jose, It's okay I use my powers for good now

vCash
    Lets not bash him too much here. Chandler is hetter then the majority of centers in the league. Hapoy to have him here. If anything he yas been rebounding alot better lately

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    NO

You thank Felton, Prigs and JKidd for getting him the ball. Tyson still doesn't create a shot for himself, at no fault of his own however, it's just not his skill set. I think he's worthy of being an all-star reserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I will never thank Hakeem for ANYTHING.
    Why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast