Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Chandler has become a better offensive player, do we thank Hakeem??

It seems that Tyson is a bit more athletic, more smooth and skilled around the basket than he used to be... This is huge!! Do we thank Hakeem The Dream for this???

It really helps when he can make those 4-5 footers, unlike other years when he would clang them... Dunks are dunks, but these mini-shots matter, and he used to miss a few every game!

Thanks for the hard work in the off-season, Tyson!

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Did Hakeem come with the "be 6-10 or taller and try to finish layups/dunks" move???

If he did, than yes, because that's all Tyson Chandler has done.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Chandler skipped Hakeem's training this past summer due to injuries.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...ip-hakeem-camp

vCash
    how did he improve offensively .. he has no jumpshot his defense and FT% has gone down a level or 2 from last year that's not improvement that is downgrade lol

vCash
    I don't think he's any better at all. He still just finishes at the rim - mostly dunks. I remember before the season there was a thread with an article about Tyson saying he developed a jumper. Well he has taken that and not made one yet and airballed more than he has hit the rim. He looks better because we have better passers this year and have opened the lane with our 3 point shooting. Nothing to do with Tyson improving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    I don't think he's any better at all. He still just finishes at the rim - mostly dunks. I remember before the season there was a thread with an article about Tyson saying he developed a jumper. Well he has taken that and not made one yet and airballed more than he has hit the rim. He looks better because we have better passers this year and have opened the lane with our 3 point shooting. Nothing to do with Tyson improving.
    This and i'm tired of hearing this Chandler defense has downgraded crap because it hasn't he just has more holes to plug because Shump is gone, Brewer hasn't really been himself lately and it's only getting worse because Felton is out and our PGs are slower but he still muster ups the 4th quarter stops that has us winning games.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faze38 View Post
    This and i'm tired of hearing this Chandler defense has downgraded crap because it hasn't he just has more holes to plug because Shump is gone, Brewer hasn't really been himself lately and it's only getting worse because Felton is out and our PGs are slower but he still muster ups the 4th quarter stops that has us winning games.

Nan Chandler is not giving the same effort he gave last season. Too many uncontested layups and shots right in Tysons Grill this year.

No way should Jameer Nelson ride Tyson to the basket and get a layup.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post

Nan Chandler is not giving the same effort he gave last season. Too many uncontested layups and shots right in Tysons Grill this year.

No way should Jameer Nelson ride Tyson to the basket and get a layup.
    I mean u can believe that if u want but i can guarantee u once we get our perimeter D up this year you will not be saying this. I mean u can see it at times in that same game that your talking about. When Kidd ramped up the D there was nothing free in the paint when Chandler was back. The problem is Kidd can't do that all day at 40!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faze38 View Post
    I mean u can believe that if u want but i can guarantee u once we get our perimeter D up this year you will not be saying this. I mean u can see it at times in that same game that your talking about. When Kidd ramped up the D there was nothing free in the paint when Chandler was back. The problem is Kidd can't do that all day at 40!
    Well even Wally has stated multiple time Chandler just didn't show up, and more times than not he don't show up early.

I'm a bit confused though, last yr as DPOY he finished the season with Bibby as the PG and as Anji stated those drives to the baskets by multiple Magic players would not have happened that often.

Kidd and Pablo are not quick but better than bibby and Chandler was no where to be found.

His defense seems to be in spurts and when Sheed returns he needs to be all out all the time.

Even now we have Camby and STAT to back him up.

I never thought I'd say this but STAT played better defense than chandler yesterday.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well even Wally has stated multiple time Chandler just didn't show up, and more times than not he don't show up early.

I'm a bit confused though, last yr as DPOY he finished the season with Bibby as the PG and as Anji stated those drives to the baskets by multiple Magic players would not have happened that often.

Kidd and Pablo are not quick but better than bibby and Chandler was no where to be found.

His defense seems to be in spurts and when Sheed returns he needs to be all out all the time.

Even now we have Camby and STAT to back him up.

I never thought I'd say this but STAT played better defense than chandler yesterday.
    .... yeah not sure what it is right now... he is not the same player he was on D last year...and I don't want to here its because Shump and Felton are out... because as you said.... he had guys like bibby and _ _ _ and a different Melo on D along with Stat..who many here insist is the worst Defender on earth and he managed to be DPOY

Very inconsistant this year for sure

vCash
    Hakeem worked with him for a few hours I think lol

All Tyson has done was some dunks and layups, all close shots. It isn't like he's been doing dream shakes and Kareem's hooks

vCash
    chandler never trained with hakeem...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    chandler never trained with hakeem...
    You should really just make this your sig:

vCash
    I will never thank Hakeem for ANYTHING.

vCash
    No. Because he ins't playing back to basket, hook shooting or dream shaking.

We thank Jason Kidd and Felton (and Camby)for being solid PGs looking for Chandler at the rim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast