Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

HORNETS Official Roster-Move Thread

All Official roster moves OR Rumors of Roster moves are posted here!

Marc Stein

@ESPNSteinLine
    Hearing that next callup out of D-League will be Hornets bringing in Louisiana native Donald Sloan from Sioux Falls
    6 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    RUMORS

There's speculation that with the Hornets bring up Sloan, that a trade with Aminu and Roberts is about to happen. Roberts contract will take into full guarantee status tomorrow @ 5pm, which rumors states that the Hornets does not want to pickup! Packaging Aminu & Roberts in a trade would work fine but if the right deal isn't reach, then Roberts should be released!

Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-06-2013 at 02:07 PM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    What could they get us realistically?
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    RUMORS

There's speculation that with the Hornets bring up Sloan, that a trade with Aminu and Roberts is about to happen. Roberts contract will take into full guarantee status tomorrow @ 5pm, which rumors states that the Hornets does not want to pickup! Packaging Aminu & Roberts in a trade would work fine but if the right deal isn't reach, then Roberts should be released!

That or bringing Sloan in for another body after Rivers goes to the D-League. That's just me thinking out loud though and probably will not happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckphins View Post
    What could they get us realistically?
    Nothing probably, but you never really know.

Who would have ever thought Songalia and Brackins could net you Green and Smith or Goose could get us Ryno?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
    That or bringing Sloan in for another body after Rivers goes to the D-League. That's just me thinking out loud though and probably will not happen.
    Austin Rivers isn't a D-League player, and you don't bring in a player from the Dleague to replace a player of his caliber! Kobe struggle mightily and was never sent down! Dleague can never teach Austin Rivers what the NBA can teach him, even being on the bench! NBA Dleague isn't like the minors in MLB where they teach fundamentals, the NBA Dleague is 99% 1on1 aka selfish basketball from players that are doing them trying to get into the league! Smh...

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Hornets sign PG- Donald Sloan

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed guard Donald Sloan to a 10-day contract. Sloan most recently played for the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA Development League, where he appeared in two contests and averaged 22.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 4.5 assists in 36.5 minutes per game. The Texas A&M product appeared in 20 regular games earlier this season with the Cleveland Cavaliers before being waived on December 25. Sloan averaged 4.1 points, 1.9 assists and 1.4 rebounds in just under 13 minutes per game. Sloan was signed due to the large mins played by Vasqez, per Monty!

#RUMOR
    Donte Greene, will be brought in for a workout!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    DLeague does help with confidence though, which he needs greatly. Send him down there for 10 days and help get that confidence back up.

vCash
    DLeague does help with confidence though, which he needs greatly. Send him down there for 10 days and help get that confidence back up.
    The Dleague does not help with confidence with a player that's drafted that high in the draft! Where are y'all getting this from? That league is nothing like the minors in baseball!

FYI:
    The NBA Dleague is a undiscipline league!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I don't watch baseball so I wouldn't no anything about the minors.

And DLeague doesn't help with confidence because he was drafted high? That's an extremely idiotic statement.

vCash
    If the d league is where players hog the ball and try show what they've got to make it in the NBA, then it would be perfect for rivers. Let him get his scoring up and some confidence.
    Beast from South Beach
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!

vCash
    I don't watch baseball so I wouldn't no anything about the minors.

And DLeague doesn't help with confidence because he was drafted high? That's an extremely idiotic statement.
    It's as idiotic as you posting with nothing to fall back on. Lacking experience on sports in general by not watching and not being knowledgable on its process, one should be very cautious before voicing their opinion when lacking that knowledge. If you don't know what I'm talking about with baseball bcuz you don't watch it, my advise to you would be is not to comment. Bcuz the one who lacks the info is the one who lacks response for correction
    By you saying that my statement is idiotic lets me know about your further lack of knowledge on the game! Just trust me dude, Dleague isn't the place for a player of Austin Rivers abilities!
    #IKnow #IWatch #IvePlayed #ImInformed

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Nolafan33, don't even try reason with big breed. If you slightly critique rivers he will hate on you and call you a troll
    Beast from South Beach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    It's as idiotic as you posting with nothing to fall back on. Lacking experience on sports in general by not watching and not being knowledgable on its process, one should be very cautious before voicing their opinion when lacking that knowledge. If you don't know what I'm talking about with baseball bcuz you don't watch it, my advise to you would be is not to comment. Bcuz the one who lacks the info is the one who lacks response for correction
    By you saying that my statement is idiotic lets me know about your further lack of knowledge on the game! Just trust me dude, Dleague isn't the place for a player of Austin Rivers abilities!
    #IKnow #IWatch #IvePlayed #ImInformed
    #cantclickonyourhashtagsbro
    Beast from South Beach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckphins View Post
    Nolafan33, don't even try reason with big breed. If you slightly critique rivers he will hate on you and call you a troll
    Lol trust me, I've seen the way breed represents himself on this forum and on hornetsreport, he's not exactly very highly thought of amongst us. He's no better than the poster he constantly harasses. I'm not even going to read that paragraph he wrote, but I'm sure it has something to do with "I'm right because I'm the only Hornets fan who watches the games, look at me, I know what I'm talking about" sort of thing to it.

But anyway, 10th pick, 20th pick, 40th pick, all that is irrelevant. Austin is still just a 19 year old kid struggling through his first NBA season, a boost in confidence (and maybe just a little time off from the pressure) could do him some good.
    Last edited by nolafan33; 01-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast