• Jeurys Familia

0 0%
  • Michael Fulmer

0 0%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    The Eastern League is a neutral league, it doesn't favor hitters or pitchers so TDA's .914 OPS there at 22 years old is very impressive.

His numbers in Vagas would be a .310/.358/.553 line in Buffalo according to the Minor League Equivalency Calculator, which is still awfully impressive and just about on par with his AA numbers.

His AAA line from Vagas also translates into a .267/.307/.457 line in the big leagues.

That is what they predict he will do based on his numbers from AAA as a rookie. But by no means does that mean he can't improve and adjust to the big leagues and reach his offensive ceiling.

vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #3 Mets Prospect

Forget equivalency numbers in reality they are not something to be considered as hard facts. Matt Wieters mashed at a younger age and in less hitting friendly places and has yet to come close to that in the majors.

And again TdA walks a lesser rate and k's at a higher rate and has not shown much if any improvement in that department over the last four years for me to think he will show great improvement there in the majors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Forget equivalency numbers in reality they are not something to be considered as hard facts. Matt Wieters mashed at a younger age and in less hitting friendly places and has yet to come close to that in the majors.

And again TdA walks a lesser rate and k's at a higher rate and has not shown much if any improvement in that department over the last four years for me to think he will show great improvement there in the majors.
    Agreed, but I like still like to use it. At the end of the day, it's up to the player to adjust at the big league level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Wieter's triple slash in AAA-.305/.387/.504/.890 and that was the same age as d'Arnaud.

Wieter rode off being a top 5 pick out of Georgia Tech and having an unbelievable 2008 campaign in A+ and AA.

That being said, I still think you are looking at an ops of between .780-.815 for d'Arnaud with a peak of around .850, if he takes his game to the next level. And for the record I would kill for that type of production out of d'Arnaud (.780-.815).

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Wieter's triple slash in AAA-.305/.387/.504/.890 and that was the same age as d'Arnaud.

Wieter rode off being a top 5 pick out of Georgia Tech and having an unbelievable 2008 campaign in A+ and AA.

That being said, I still think you are looking at an ops of between .780-.815 for d'Arnaud with a peak of around .850, if he takes his game to the next level. And for the record I would kill for that type of production out of d'Arnaud (.780-.815).
    Yes, I agree with this. I would love d'Arnaud to give us .780-.815 as well, but I think he is capable of more.

vCash
    It's hard to believe this not the unaminous selection.

vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #3 Mets Prospect

Thanks guys for all the insight and analysis, it's just what I was wondering about. I think it's going to be very hard to find a comparison to match what we think TDA is going to be, but I think that we are all glad to have him regardless of what he does over the next couple of seasons.
    By the way, it's going to be very hard to temper expectations if he starts to mash in Vagas like we think he will, very exciting for sure.

vCash
    Td'A wins this round.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123