Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Maybe you should watch it some time. It wasn't undisputed. I'm not saying he wasn't deserving, but there was dispute. That's just undeniable fact.
    I watched every single game of this series, Kobe never disappeared in any game of this series, pau did.

    Pau was never able to be dominant on every game of any series.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,559
    vCash
    1500
    2010 NBA Finals (the 3 games @boston)

    Kobe averaged 33.3pts per game

    Pau 15.3

    Yes I said undisputed.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    687
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    They just need to play hard and solid defense... we've seen time and time again especially towards the end of that 4th quarter against the clippers, how good they can be when they play good DEFENSE. It starts and ends with their defense. The way Kobe is scoring this year our offense is fine. It all comes down to defense.
    Exactly! Offense will take care of itself. Playing for each other on defense, helping each other out is a chemistry thing though and that seems to be our biggest problem right now. Phil would know what to do... I know it doesn't get us anywhere bringing up his name again and again, but I'm sure he could handle the situation.
    Besides, you can't expect the team to have a defensive mentality when all your coach knows is offense.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I watched every single game of this series, Kobe never disappeared in any game of this series, pau did.

    Pau was never able to be dominant on every game of any series.
    We're talking about the 2010 Finals. You're saying Kobe never had a bad game??

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Same reason people supported Fisher, Horry, Fox, Harper, Cooper, Shaw, Wilkes, Worthy, etc. during periods when they were ineffective. The championships.

    Besides that, some of us realize he still has game.



    It makes a lot of sense, under the circumstances.



    If he were getting paid for stats like that, it would be disgusting. He's getting paid for being at the core of three Finals teams, and arguably their best player in the 2010 Finals.
    Bro you have had some solid posts in the past but starting to lose some respect here on your opinions. Unless you are crooner with three accounts...

    No one is diminishing Pau as a skilled player. But this league is what can you do for me now. All of these lifetime achievement awards crap is ridiculous. If you think keeping Pau for the rest of the season is getting us closer to a title you are crazy my friend.

    I would really like to see if Pau can still ball like he should on another team. I think the emotional drain of a trade will consume this guy and you will see much of the same you are seeing now. I have no more confidence in Pau as a Fan and a realist.
    [/IMG]

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    2010 NBA Finals (the 3 games @boston)

    Kobe averaged 33.3pts per game

    Pau 15.3

    Yes I said undisputed.
    Yeah, and you sound ignorant to anybody who hears you. If you were right, you wouldn't have to cherry pick stats. Check the composite box instead of "In games which Bryant played better than Gasol, he was the MVP".

    Kobe was worthy. So was Pau. Everybody who watched at the time (except you, because I'll take you at your word that you watched) recognized this.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    same boat as you man. Never found myself being so pissed off after a laker loss as I do this year
    I dont even get upset anymore, because I know this team can lose to anyone.... weird

    In years past, I would get upset because I felt the Lakers could and should win every game. But now when attending or watching games, it's more about the act of just watching / attending the game, rather than expecting the Lakers to win......

    I do hope things change for the better, because I'm starting to get that Lakers mid 1990 feeling
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    No one is diminishing Pau as a skilled player. But this league is what can you do for me now. All of these lifetime achievement awards crap is ridiculous. If you think keeping Pau for the rest of the season is getting us closer to a title you are crazy my friend.
    Nothing's getting us closer to a title, short of firing yet another coach. That's not gonna happen, so go ahead and trade the players the coach doesn't want for the kind of players the coach does want.

    At this point, I just respond to specific statements that need responding to, not to discourage a trade. Just to enlighten some people who seem to be swept up in Gasol-bashing to the point of complete ignorance.

    So, as I pointed out, Gasol is not being paid for the kind of stats he's been posting lately. He is being paid for what he has done. He has a line of credit, so to speak. Just as all those other players I listed, who were notorious for laying eggs for long stretches of season, and even playoffs, because they did come through at critical times, as Gasol has.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Yeah, and you sound ignorant to anybody who hears you. If you were right, you wouldn't have to cherry pick stats. Check the composite box instead of "In games which Bryant played better than Gasol, he was the MVP".

    Kobe was worthy. So was Pau. Everybody who watched at the time (except you, because I'll take you at your word that you watched) recognized this.
    I don't know anybody on this forum except you and crooner who will say pau was the 2010 NBA Finals MVP instead of Kobe.

    By this simple statement, you look ignorant.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,017
    vCash
    1500
    llullz




    Man we are bickering with each other; seeee what you are doing to us Lake Show!!! Your losing is driving crazy
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,789
    vCash
    1500
    We're done. Even if we begin to play better we'll still end up with well over 30 losses. At this point, tanking the season makes more sense. At least we could get a high draft pick after Dwight leaves
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu






  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Nothing's getting us closer to a title, short of firing yet another coach. That's not gonna happen, so go ahead and trade the players the coach doesn't want for the kind of players the coach does want.

    .
    This team has enough to win a title. Still. There are several issues that need to be fixed though that can be (the coach cannot be). It is unlikely that they all do though.

    In my opinion the major problems are:

    -PF defense
    -Team defense and communication
    -General Chemistry
    -Pick and Roll Offense
    -Howard playing to capabilities (injury? mental?)
    -The team is thin at the wing position...another wing defender that can shoot the 3 well


    Some people might say backup pg, age, play style, whatever. I don't say those as overly important. Those above I do. Fix any one of them and you will see improvements. In my opinion PF defense is the biggest.

    Also, by fixing some of the above you will see the minutes issue (too many minutes for some) also begin to fix itself. Fix any of the above and it may help another. For example, getting the pick and roll working with Howard will likely help chemistry or vice versa.

    Issues fixed already:

    Turnovers (much improved)
    Taking load off of Kobe handling the ball

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    We're done. Even if we begin to play better we'll still end up with well over 30 losses. At this point, tanking the season makes more sense. At least we could get a high draft pick after Dwight leaves
    Its funny, as bad as some things were vs the Clippers the Lakers dominated a great Clipper team on the road in the 4th quarter. With the right personnel on the court for the Lakers and them playing with energy they look like a top team.

    Too many people looking at the record...hopefully the players are not this overly emotional.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, New York City
    Posts
    2,069
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    This team has enough to win a title. Still. There are several issues that need to be fixed though that can be (the coach cannot be). It is unlikely that they all do though.

    In my opinion the major problems are:

    -PF defense
    -Team defense and communication
    -General Chemistry
    -Pick and Roll Offense
    -Howard playing to capabilities (injury? mental?)
    -The team is thin at the wing position...another wing defender that can shoot the 3 well


    Some people might say backup pg, age, play style, whatever. I don't say those as overly important. Those above I do. Fix any one of them and you will see improvements. In my opinion PF defense is the biggest.

    Also, by fixing some of the above you will see the minutes issue (too many minutes for some) also begin to fix itself. Fix any of the above and it may help another. For example, getting the pick and roll working with Howard will likely help chemistry or vice versa.

    Issues fixed already:

    Turnovers (much improved)
    Taking load off of Kobe handling the ball
    I agree with that, but unfortunately, Miami, OKC, San Antonio, Memphis, Golden State, and the Clippers have a little bit more than just "enough" to win a championship.

    Ok...it was another "encouraging loss" against the Clippers, but unless the Lakers can make a clear stand and deliver moment against the Rockets, Spurs, OKC, and then the Heat...you might as well put a fork in this team. It is best to start re-building for next season...dump the coach, dump the bloated salary, dump the old players, dump the malcontents, and start the process of putting a team on the floor that can compete with the much better run franchises of the NBA.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Nothing's getting us closer to a title, short of firing yet another coach. That's not gonna happen, so go ahead and trade the players the coach doesn't want for the kind of players the coach does want.

    At this point, I just respond to specific statements that need responding to, not to discourage a trade. Just to enlighten some people who seem to be swept up in Gasol-bashing to the point of complete ignorance.

    So, as I pointed out, Gasol is not being paid for the kind of stats he's been posting lately. He is being paid for what he has done. He has a line of credit, so to speak. Just as all those other players I listed, who were notorious for laying eggs for long stretches of season, and even playoffs, because they did come through at critical times, as Gasol has.
    This is to good. Pau has an open line of credit. This has to be one of the greatest quotes I have read.

    So basically Pau is a bad asset that the Lakers have to honor due to his prior achievements? If you know much about economics you cut your losses on bad asset.
    Pau is like that 2nd mortgage on a house that has diminished in value. The bank knows they will never recoupe that money unless they take a settlement or short sale.
    Greedy banks will always hope they can get their return by other means.

    My point is the Lakers have a chance to settle via trade and be better for it or file for Bankruptcy by using the amnesty option. Hopefully they will short sale and get something that will help the team.
    [/IMG]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •