Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Matt Steimetz

vCash

Matt Steimetz

Where has he been? I hardly see him now in pre game

vCash
    He left the Warriors. Seriously. not kidding.

Effective on Wednesday, Matt Steinmetz will leave his position as Warriors Insider on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. Steinmetz has been a fixture on CSN Bay Area’s television coverage of the Warriors, and has been the only person to fill the “Insider” role covering the Golden State beat since the network rebranded back in 2008.

While Steinmetz will still be seen on a limited number of pre- and post-game shows and continue to write for the website, he’ll serve as a freelancer and not as a full-time employee.

Steinmetz, who recently became a full-time radio talk show host for 95.7 FM “The Game,” is happy with the move.

“I’ve been covering in one way or another this team for coming up on 20 years and need a change,” Steinmetz wrote in an email. “And this job should be done by someone young and hungry who is totally into it.”

Steinmetz has covered the Warriors for the Contra Costa Times, Examiner.com and AOL Fanhouse. He became CSNBA’s Warriors Insider in December of 2009.

CSN Bay Area will look to find a new Warriors Insider to replace Steinmetz, although there’s no word on who they might choose. Ric Bucher was recently brought on as an “NBA Insider,” but he’ll remain in that role for the foreseeable future. Jimmy Spencer wrote about the Warriors’ recent win over the Wizards.

Only two beat writers currently travel with the Golden State Warriors on a regular basis: Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle and BANG’s Marcus Thompson II. With the team surging to a surprising 14-7 record and interest starting to pick up, CSNBA would probably like to install a full-time Warriors Insider by the time the San Francisco 49ers’ season ends. With the NHL currently in limbo, the Warriors could be the only major professional franchise in the area playing games that matter through March.
    http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/matt...riors-insider/

vCash
    dam. who took his place? And when is he on 95.7? What does he talk about there?

vCash
    fuqqqqqqq. you cant look this stuff up yourself can you? what in the hell do you think google is for? what do you think he internet is for? trolling websites? how many other sites were you banned from before you came here?

You are the biggest idiot troll ever who's idea of a night on the town is going to the strip club in the hopes of seeing Biedrins there. Pathetic.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    fuqqqqqqq. you cant look this stuff up yourself can you? what in the hell do you think google is for? what do you think he internet is for? trolling websites? how many other sites were you banned from before you came here?

You are the biggest idiot troll ever who's idea of a night on the town is going to the strip club in the hopes of seeing Biedrins there. Pathetic.

Shove it mack. Why have forums if u can't have discussions?

vCash
    youre not having a discussion. youre asking a question that can easily be answered by a simple google search.

cool thread though, im impressed

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    yep, as soon as i praise him he doesnt respond to me. this guy breeds trouble and is asking for it...dont feed the troll

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I think this was some what to be expected when csn hired ric bucher, I liked steinmetz but they kind of do the same job, and bucher is probably viewed as the stronger and more recognized canidate to stay with going forward.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Dang it. I like Steinmetz.

vCash
    Eh. Steinmetz is the man. He has some great insight and most importantly he tells it how it is. Kinda surprising how he left right when Warriors are becoming a playoff team... after covering all the years of sucking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Eh. Steinmetz is the man. He has some great insight and most importantly he tells it how it is. Kinda surprising how he left right when Warriors are becoming a playoff team... after covering all the years of sucking.
    sometimes telling things the way they are isnt exactly what upper management wants. LMAo- the warriors seem to have a policy of trying to turn situations ridiculously optimistic. If andrew bogut was murdered execution style....upper management would still not admit there has been a any setback.....

the important thing is that the bullet didnt hit his ankle, and without a pulse- the swelling has really gone down. we asked him if he would be playing within the next few weeks... and he didnt say no. thats good news right?
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    I like Steinmetz... too bad he now works mostly on that terrible FM sports stations 95 whatever now.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!