Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwight Howard unintentionally admits the Lakers don't like each other

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...lay-each-other

"(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

-- Lakers center Dwight Howard
    on team chemistry

---------------------
    KOBE: "We did. We won three straight," Bryant said, referencing the Lakers' three-peat from 2000-02. "One of them has to sacrifice. I sacrificed quite a bit with individual numbers and MVPs and NBA Finals and all this other stuff.

HOWARD: When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

--------------------------
    "I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."
    LOL @ this. Originally, I thought the Lakers would be amazing. But the more you put thought into it, Kobe isn't LeBron, Melo, Wade, CP3 personality wise. He's a selfish guy, with a selfish personality who alienates his teammates. It was that way with Shaq, it was that way mid 2000s with guys like Smush and it's going to be that way with Dwight. Kobe's just not likable and a team guy in the same way all those other guys are. They can mesh with 'superteams'.

Kobe's gotten over the hump five times, not because of chemistry, because of his pure talent and the fact he's always had elite teammates around him, even if they hated him.

EDIT: Wow, if you read the whole article. It's a complete joke. You have Kobe talking about Shaq/being alpha male and then Howard questioning what Kobe said. So dysfunctional. With the last quote I posted, you could just tell Howard has utter dislike for Kobe, that quote was a direct shot that Kobe flaunts his 'alpha male' status.

You have Kobe saying that he took a backseat to Shaq, but is now the clear alpha male on this team. This will surely irk Howard because Howard doesn't like Shaq and Kobe would take a backseat for Shaq, but not him. Kobe, who knows if it was unintentional or not, basically said Howard/Kobe will never be Shaq/Kobe, insinuating Howard doesn't have Shaq's talents. I'm starting to strongly feel there is no way Howard will be back next year, I don't think he'll want to waste five years of his prime with Kobe.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 01-06-2013 at 03:59 AM.

vCash

vCash
    DH is bolting when season ends

vCash
    Wonder which players are having issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    DH is bolting when season ends
    No chance. He's basically guaranteed to stay.

vCash
    this is actually a pretty bad comment from Dwight...Wow

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    No chance. He's basically guaranteed to stay.
    No hes not.. Nothing is guaranteed....
    [

vCash
    I dont think Howard will walk away from the extra year the lakers can offer or the money that LA will bring him in general

But that is a terrible comment to throw out there. sheesh

vCash
    I see people saying he's leaving but where you guys see him going though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    I see people saying he's leaving but where you guys see him going though
    philly ray:

vCash
    Dwight has gone from Beast to B!tch. Him and Pau look like Laverne and Shirley. I hope the Lakers get there **** together soon.

vCash
    If the Lakers get bounced in the 1st, or don't make the playoffs they'd have to do major rebuilding, resigning Dwight, getting in new players and getting a new coach.

ALL that has to happen for Dwight to stay.
    If they don't, I could see him end up in Brooklyn, Golden State, Houston or Dallas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    philly ray:
    Why Philly over the rest of the teams or you just being an homer. And what Andrew Bynum lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...lay-each-other

LOL @ this. Originally, I thought the Lakers would be amazing. But the more you put thought into it, Kobe isn't LeBron, Melo, Wade, CP3 personality wise. He's a selfish guy, with a selfish personality who alienates his teammates. It was that way with Shaq, it was that way mid 2000s with guys like Smush and it's going to be that way with Dwight. Kobe's just not likable and a team guy in the same way all those other guys are. They can mesh with 'superteams'.

Kobe's gotten over the hump five times, not because of chemistry, because of his pure talent and the fact he's always had elite teammates around him, even if they hated him.

EDIT: Wow, if you read the whole article. It's a complete joke. You have Kobe talking about Shaq/being alpha male and then Howard questioning what Kobe said. So dysfunctional.
    110% accurate, Kobe always will have to be the alpha male. The Lakers would have been much better off with bringing in passive personalities to keep the little rat happy.

vCash
    My favorite comment is when he said he was "pretty young" when Shaq and Kobe played together. He was like....14-18 years old. I remember tons of stuff from the NBA way before that age.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast