Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

just some thoughts

Did not know where to post this, so I apologize if I missed a post to put it...

Well a couple hours to think about it, the Minnesota Vikings surprised me they won more games than I thought and Adrian Peterson, thank you for everything you did for this team because you really were the one that led this team through thick and thin and took this team to the playoffs honestly I will say it single handily.

We go into next season with a question at quarterback still, Christian Ponder will be the starter yes, but lets be realistic he let us fans down I know he had a problem with his arm, but your starting quarterback just can not do that and say he can not go. If he played throughout the whole game last week than yes he should have started tonight.

Joe Webb, we all got what most people wanted and it fell flat on our face. NOTHING HAPPENED with him, and guess what? I blame it on Leslie Frazier. Why? Because Joe Webb should have been converted to wide receiver during the off season but Frazier stuck to his gun and he made the wrong call.

Adrian Peterson, if you are not the MVP than I am going to disrespect who ever wins the award, even Peyton Manning. Why? Because even though Peyton had a great year had the pieces in place already and yes he came off an injury and missed the whole season last year, but lets be real if you did not think he was going to do what he always does than I dont know what to say. Adrian Peterson deserves it because of many reasons, no consistency at qb, no wide receiver basically no nothing on offense because AP was the qb, receiver and everything else all in one. He deserves the MVP no matter what.

Percy Harvin, I have a feeling that he will be traded because he just is not happy, I can understand, terrible offensive coach, inconsistent quarterback play. If we trade you than I hope we get some decent value out of it, decent draft picks heck maybe even a wide receiver who knows? But in all honestly I hope we can fix things and keep you around.

Jared Allen, tough guy, great player, down year though. Needs surgery after this season and he is getting up there in age, do not be surprised if he is traded, he has some value and not to mention there is someone named Everson Griffen that had a coming out year and he and Brian Robison can play on each end.

Finally Leslie Frazier, you went through a lot, and you brought us to an over .500 record. I was impressed. But do you deserve a contract extension? I personally just think you do not right now. I may get yelled at for this, but the reason is because we need to see how Christian Ponder pans out with him and the schedule, can Frazier gameplan for a tougher schedule next year? Can the Vikings duplicate what they did this year? Well guess what, there will be high expectations and rightfully so, but we as fans have to look at it like this. Look at the Detroit Lions, they made the playoffs last year and had high expectations this year, they end up in the cellar now I am not saying this will happen to the Vikings, but it is always that possibility and its up to Frazier to see if he can keep this team on the right track for the future. Not just next year.

Great season overall though, it just sucks that the Vikings have the worst luck in the playoffs. in 98 Gary Anderson missed his first field goal, 2000 the vikings get their *** kicked against the giants, 09 the 12th man and the int. by you know who and Christian Ponder playing the game of his life last week only for him to get injured and miss the game of his career.

vCash
    Ponder let us down?? Wtf is wrong with people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Ponder let us down?? Wtf is wrong with people.
    Well hold up now, calm down, I was not saying this out of anger. Listen I know no one can not control what happens to them, people get injured etc. But you, me, everyone on here all knew/thought Ponder was going to play. Ponder was talking on Tuesday, Wednesday talking like he was going to play and all I am saying is that we need a starter that we can rely on even if he is dinged up and yes I feel let down. Was I raged with anger? NO, just upset because as I stated Ponder played the game of his life and it had to happen like this for him to miss the game of his young career.

Look at someone like Dez Bryant of this year, not long ago he breaks his finger, doctors said he couldnt play the rest of the season, instead he finds a 2nd opinion and plays throughout the season, not saying its the right call, but the Cowboys drafted him because he is a big time player who finally started playing like it. Ponder was playing fluently the final 4 games and plays the final games after being hurt and cant play the biggest game we needed him for? Yes I am let down.

vCash
    Comparing a broken finger to a swollen arm that has no motion? C'mon now, how about you go out there when you can barely put your own t-shirt on your arm is so bruised and throw a football? Obviously Ponder said he was going to play the whole week so the Packers didn't know who to gameplan for. Webb sucked so it didn't matter anyway.

Allen probably isn't going anywhere. He was having a pretty solid season actually, injury and all considered.

And Frazier did an amazing job this year. Anything said otherwise just isn't intelligent coming from a Viking's fans mouth. What the Lions did last year to this year is totally different. Schwartz never disciplined his players, and they don't seem to have the same like of him as the Vikings do of Frazier. Not the mention they got all their glory early season and lost against good teams (the opposite of us). Players sing praises of how good of a coach Frazier is, the team is disciplined and plays till the end even in the worst. Add in 4 of the toughest stretch of games in the NFL, Frazier coached it and handled it absolutely perfect. In the end it just wasn't meant to be...this year.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Because it is an injury that heals with time, so why wouldn't he say that he is going to play on Saturday. It is a tactical reason as well. Packers were forced to gameplan for both qb's even though they said they only planed for Ponder. Ponder has played through injury throughout his whole college and nfl career don't give me this crap about being let down. Ponder had no range of motion and couldn't put any velocity on the ball. Sounds like a winning combination to me. This is kind of poetic justice for all the people calling for webb to play, you guys got what you wished for.

Really Dez Bryant... One is a wr and one is a qb. I don't think I need to dive into it anymore. Also totally different injuries.

vCash
    you guys are saying this like i did not watch a single game this year, i was not even trying to start any argument what so ever at all. yes frazier did an amazing job, everything considered from the roof collapsing to winning 3 wins to this year winning 10 games and handling the harvin mystery. im just saying wait it out next year. will it happen? most likely not, i am sure he will get an extension. i just dont want there to be a mistake like when childress was signed to an extension and all hell broke loose.

and i never said allen had a bad/terrible/horrendous year. just a down year knowing that he played with one shoulder basically. not hit fault i know that, im just throwing out the idea of getting value. will it happen? who knows, i dont.

and yes im sorry, i compared a broken finger to a swollen arm with no motion my bad. didnt think that one through. im not saying im pissed, im not saying im angry, im not saying im hot headed, just disappointed that WE AS FANS HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS UNLUCKINESS IN THE PLAYOFFS WHEN WE HAVE A SHOT TO DO SOMETHING AND SOMETHING ALWAYS HAS TO BACKFIRE. and ponder getting hurt is one of them. so again, yes i am let down by what goes on as i am sure most fans are let down. i dont want them to go from playoffs this year to last like the lions, i know what we have to be a really good team, but its building on it the right way and i hope the spielman gets the job done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Because it is an injury that heals with time, so why wouldn't he say that he is going to play on Saturday. It is a tactical reason as well. Packers were forced to gameplan for both qb's even though they said they only planed for Ponder. Ponder has played through injury throughout his whole college and nfl career don't give me this crap about being let down. Ponder had no range of motion and couldn't put any velocity on the ball. Sounds like a winning combination to me. This is kind of poetic justice for all the people calling for webb to play, you guys got what you wished for.

Really Dez Bryant... One is a wr and one is a qb. I don't think I need to dive into it anymore. Also totally different injuries.
    i never called for webb. yes i wanted to see him play on certain occasions during a game where ponder wasnt playing his best, but i not once honest to GOD never called for webb.

vCash
    You don't have to be sorry for anything lol. I was just trying to clear up some points

I'm used to dealing with posters like iowafan who seem to put a negative spin on what I say about Ponder, because apparently I'm his mother or something when I say he has a good game. It just rubbed off on you a little, not your fault lol.

Extending Frazier is a must though. It shows continuity in the teams leadership, and unlike Childress he has this team playing for him and they are 100% in on his philosophies. I know where your coming from, but there is no red flags with Frazier like there was with Chilly.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 01-06-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Remember i don't think any Viking fan predicted this team going 10-6 and making the playoffs (myself included). In warmup Ponder wasn't able to throw a ball with any zip on it due to his injury. The right move was playing Webb yesterday and that call came down to the coaching staff.

vCash
    Blaming Ponder is stupid. Nothing bugs me in sports more than fans who criticize players for not playing through pain. How the f do you know how he feels? Dumb.

vCash
    You knew it couldn't come out well for Webb because he was in a franchise that had 1% (I was going to say 0% but he WAS the supposed backup) and it situations where you could have given him some game time during the season you let Ponder sink lower than any other team would leave their starter in.

He looked like a guy who was given a position but had little experience.

I believe it was a total loss on all fronts so no single group can point fingers.

You just kind of feel bad for people like AP because he fell short of a record just to....well....extend the season for an hour. Jared didn't do as well this season but he still did well. I was glad to see Robison increase his productivity which leads to K. Williams....what happened? We all loved Harrison Smith and Greenway was still very productive.

Anyway the only thing I hope is there is a plan going forward. Usually one of the first things that's gotten my attention is the secondary which seemed to be a better job later in the season. For some who nit-picked on them you have to understand that you can only run and shadow someone for so long so there would need to be more pressure to get the ball out faster. Think of it this way....you can only "face guard" for so long before you have to look for the ball. If the QB has 10mins to stand there....after you turn the WR cuts in another direction and there's a reception.

Who thinks AP will be close again for the record next year? Think about this.....every game THIS season teams were game planning for him and he still did what he did. We really have to hope the OL stays healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Comparing a broken finger to a swollen arm that has no motion? C'mon now, how about you go out there when you can barely put your own t-shirt on your arm is so bruised and throw a football? Obviously Ponder said he was going to play the whole week so the Packers didn't know who to gameplan for. Webb sucked so it didn't matter anyway.

Allen probably isn't going anywhere. He was having a pretty solid season actually, injury and all considered.

And Frazier did an amazing job this year. Anything said otherwise just isn't intelligent coming from a Viking's fans mouth. What the Lions did last year to this year is totally different. Schwartz never disciplined his players, and they don't seem to have the same like of him as the Vikings do of Frazier. Not the mention they got all their glory early season and lost against good teams (the opposite of us). Players sing praises of how good of a coach Frazier is, the team is disciplined and plays till the end even in the worst. Add in 4 of the toughest stretch of games in the NFL, Frazier coached it and handled it absolutely perfect. In the end it just wasn't meant to be...this year.

Agreed.

I read that Ponder hurt the same elbow in college too and had to have it drained a couple of times.

I wish we could have kept Sage Rosenfels on the team as a back-up. Sage is smart, knew most of the playbook, has good accuraccy, makes good decisions, and is a veteran. I know that he is not as fast anymore and his arm strength may be what it used to be, but he could have done better than Webb or MBT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    You don't have to be sorry for anything lol. I was just trying to clear up some points

I'm used to dealing with posters like iowafan who seem to put a negative spin on what I say about Ponder, because apparently I'm his mother or something when I say he has a good game. It just rubbed off on you a little, not your fault lol.

Extending Frazier is a must though. It shows continuity in the teams leadership, and unlike Childress he has this team playing for him and they are 100% in on his philosophies. I know where your coming from, but there is no red flags with Frazier like there was with Chilly.
    Tears why you drag me into this? And its Iowavike not iowafan.
    I think Ponder would've played if he could. It does seem funny that he could finish that game last week without much trouble.But could'nt go a week later.
    But it did get tender and swollen over the week.
    My problem was why didn't Webb get some game time during the year. There was more than 1 lopsided game he could've played. Webb finally did get some confidence in the 2nd. half. Ended up with 180 yds. and a TD.
    I don't blame Webb at all for the lose. To be honest I didn't think we had much of a chance to win that game w/Ponder or not.
    We should be grateful that we got into the playoffs.
    I'd give Frazier and Musgrave extentions hell yes.
    I think AP will be great again next year. But history says not. Well not 2000 yds. again anyway.
    I can't remember any football player or baseball,basketball etc. player that had back to back MVP record breaking type seasons.
    Keep the faith tears we'll get that Lombardi trophy some day. Just don't hold your breath though.
    Have a good off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Blaming Ponder is stupid. Nothing bugs me in sports more than fans who criticize players for not playing through pain. How the f do you know how he feels? Dumb.
    Thisssss

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    I know going forward into next year we really need to make it a priority to figure out how to tweak the defense to slow down Aaron Rodgers and the Pack offense. Until we do that, we will play 2nd fiddle in the North. A very encouraging season it was.........