Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    That's what I realized too, it's not just Avery gone, but also Hump not playing that has made the difference. Let's be honest now, Hump was a 12-10 player on a 20 to 25 win team, in which Lopez was not playing (and scoring) for one year. Seriously: Shelden Williams would've posted the same numbers given the same minutes. Both are below average NBA players who look average at best. I don't agree with you on the other additions, I think the roster is pretty set. Deron and Joe Johnson are gonna get the bulk of the minutes, so Marshon needs to be the only guard coming off the bench getting significant minutes. Gerald Wallace is a great team player at the SF position, and Toko Shengelia should be able to back him up at times. Bogans is good, but having Bogans AND Evans on the floor like yesterday yields ugly offensive results. The frontcourt situation is good; Lopez and Blatche have center covered. Evans and Teletovic should be used in the NBA game since both offer a true strenghth: one is good at rebounds and the other shoots well. Humphries has proven to be a losing team's stat filler. If you trade Humphries for an upgrade (I'm not talking All-Star, like, a decent yet proven contributor on a winning team will do) then all this team needs is good coaching. Then you got yourself an elite team.

PS To answer your question: Netsdaily is simply a better site. It's got more articles than you need. The only bad thing is that their forum is totally dead, and every article features hundreds of responses which take too much time.
    Hump is not useless. Ideally i would want him in Reggie's spot in the rotation and payed a lot less. However i hope the Nets make the right move with Hump's contract. This is really our last shot and i seriously think Millsap is a mistake.

I change my mind daily on Millsap. On one hand the guy is skilled and brings a lot of what we need. On the other hand he is very undersized and will not help us get over MIA imho

Ideally i wish the Nets would get Varejao. He fits much better next to Brook than Millsap. Nene is also a personal choice of mine but the nets would have to monitor his minutes all year because he is playing through pain

I am banned from NetsDaily so i need you guys to help me out. Let's bring some discussion back to PSD Nets forum

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I gotta go with the Jason Kidd quote with this one: Avery Johnson's crazy. Imagine a work environment where a new, unproven, yet talented employee gets punished severely for being weak at one area of the overall work. That's what Johnson was doing with the prospect type of players. The man was a nut. Thank god he's gone. I understand getting rid of T-Will but Brooks doesn't have discipline issues. To simply remove him from the rotation entirely just for being weak on D is unacceptable.
    Avery had issues. He was taking the tough love thing too far with Brooks. It's ridiculous. I am glad he is gone. The difference is night and day since he left and the offense has not even changed much. All this fluidity is a product of better coaching.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    What we need is DMF to lead this forum.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I disagree that neglecting to play Hump(whether DNP or injury) has contributed to the Nets great play of recent games.

Kris Humphries might not be good defensively and he may be very limited on offense, but Reggie Evans is the biggest black hole on offense and defensively he's tough and rugged but he commits way too many stupid fouls like Hump and is no better on defense.

Here are the 3 main reasons in my opinion on why we are different.

1) We are running a much, MUCH smoother offense now that we don't run ISOs every play. In our ISO offense, you'd have to be blind to see that DWILL was uncomfortable and didn't know how to operate in an ISO offense. We run many more plays, especially pick and rolls which is really helping us.

2) Rotations. We are seeing MUCH better rotations. No more Watson+DWILL. Much more MarShon Brooks. No more Stackhouse getting 20 min. No more Blatche and Lopez never playing together. No more take out Lopez DWILL Hump Wallace out at the same time during our first subs.

3) Deron Williams. Thank the Lord that the Nets are no longer running an ISO offense. This guy is finally starting to look like he's getting back to his old self.

All 3 of these former issues can be summed up in 2 words. Avery Johnson.
    I agree with all of this. Humphries may not be an ideal PF but he is far from useless. He is probably our best screen setter and and moves around well enough. He plays defense in spurts too. I would give him Reggie's spot on the rotation

Reggie is a wonderful locker room guy and is probably the reason for Lopez's new found aggressiveness and even Mirza cited him as the reason he is learning the NBA defense

vCash
    ^ Overall, Reggie is a better player than Humphries though. He makes better plays when he has the ball on offense. Instead of TOs this guy gets extra possesions with the offensive rebounds. And Reggie has something else Hump doesn't: He can seriously get into his opponent's head. How many times do players get irritated with his presence and cause a T? Reggie's offense is bad, Hump's is cringeworthy.

PS Stack averaging 20 minutes was all on Avery and his twisted perception of how to manage. Stack can deliver clutch plays at times but you don't destroy the confidence of a borderline All-Star SG just so you can play a 38 year old veteran or a defense only Bogans.
    I disagree that Reggie is a better player though i agree that he has qualities that Reggie does not have.

I think Humphries can get in people's head as well. I mean i cannot think of a bigger **** you than saying "Hey Rondo i get paid more than you, and i barely have to play, i banged Kim Kardashian, and more people know me than they know you, how do you feel?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    What we need is DMF to lead this forum.
    I want Nets fans. Not angry Knicks fans.

I wish you guys would not obsess over him so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I disagree that Reggie is a better player though i agree that he has qualities that Reggie does not have.

I think Humphries can get in people's head as well. I mean i cannot think of a bigger **** you than saying "Hey Rondo i get paid more than you, and i barely have to play, i banged Kim Kardashian, and more people know me than they know you, how do you feel?"
    Bro, Hump dissing Rondo? What are you talking about, Rondo was all over Hump in that brawl and nearly gave him a wedgie. Now imagine that with Evans. Well, you cant, cuz Evans is one dirty mo-fo and anybody would think twice before attempting that. This guy was hated for ballflicking. Literally the busting of your balls. Thankfully he is on our side, that is one nasty dude everyone loves to hate yet cant do anything about.

vCash
    Bro, Hump dissing Rondo? What are you talking about, Rondo was all over Hump in that brawl and nearly gave him a wedgie. Now imagine that with Evans. Well, you cant, cuz Evans is one dirty mo-fo and anybody would think twice before attempting that. This guy was hated for ballflicking. Literally the busting of your balls. Thankfully he is on our side, that is one nasty dude everyone loves to hate yet cant do anything about.
    That was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment. I was just messing around. Hump is a cool dude. Rondo is a POS

vCash
    I don't want to feed the "Hump/Reggie" thing but I've got to put my 2 cents in. Hump is by no means a shrinking violet when it comes to irritating the opposistion. I noticed it plenty last year. It's easy to miss if you aren't looking at it but he can definately get under an oppenents skin. Maybe not to the extent that Reggie does but he can effectively bother the opposistion. Hump is capable of putting up numbers on a good team but he seems to have lost confidence in that 15' jumper he used last year. Perhaps because there's more scoring from teamates that is making him hesitate on that shot and he's just trying harder to fit in. Let's not forget he had some pretty darn good games # wise last year. 31 and 18 one game that I remember. I'm quite sure that were eit asked of him he could put up bigger scoring #s but he's deferring to others now days. Personally I want to see him shoot that midrange shot when he's open. He logged big minutes at times and never complained. He did what was asked of him and you never heard of any locker room issues. This is a good guy and a good teamate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I don't want to feed the "Hump/Reggie" thing but I've got to put my 2 cents in. Hump is by no means a shrinking violet when it comes to irritating the opposistion. I noticed it plenty last year. It's easy to miss if you aren't looking at it but he can definately get under an oppenents skin. Maybe not to the extent that Reggie does but he can effectively bother the opposistion. Hump is capable of putting up numbers on a good team but he seems to have lost confidence in that 15' jumper he used last year. Perhaps because there's more scoring from teamates that is making him hesitate on that shot and he's just trying harder to fit in. Let's not forget he had some pretty darn good games # wise last year. 31 and 18 one game that I remember. I'm quite sure that were eit asked of him he could put up bigger scoring #s but he's deferring to others now days. Personally I want to see him shoot that midrange shot when he's open. He logged big minutes at times and never complained. He did what was asked of him and you never heard of any locker room issues. This is a good guy and a good teamate.
    Yup. Humphries knows how to irritate his opponents

vCash
    At least your thread made some noise

I'll try to post more, but i live in a different time zone so i usually sleep during games (i mostly watch the game next morning)

vCash
    That's cause Hump had no idea why Rondo was so angry. Hump barely touched KG and for some reason Rondo threw a hissy fit.

Now, if Hump REALLY wanted to fight ROndo trust me Hump would send him to the hospital.

vCash
    Oh, and sorry guys but Reggie Evans is NOT a better overall player.

Their defense is about equally bad, Evans is a better rebounder but Hump is also one of the better rebounders in the NBA, and Evans offense makes Hump look like LeBron James.

vCash
    Not until Keith bogans is gone!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    I post a lot on this site, but rarely come in here because it is a ghost town. If it livens up, you'll see me around here much more often.

Side note, am I the only one who DOESNT hate Bogans?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast