Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Damn what happened to the Nets forum???

Cmon guys step it up! This forum was more live during the 12-70 season! smh Now we are in Brooklyn and this place is a wasteland. This forum used to have some of the best discussions.

Let's everyone make an effort to post more and get this forum going. I am banned from NetsDaily so PSD is gonna have to do so i need ya'll to step up for me. Where ya'll at?

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I'm here wid ya bro...I just got tired of all the negativity anytime something didn't go just perfectly. I'll make it a point to get on here more from now on. Cheers!

vCash
    Too many interesting people saying interesting things over and over and over again. It gets old after a while I guess. I am assuming that is why people stay away from here, but I remember when this place was hot though!
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I'm here wid ya bro...I just got tired of all the negativity anytime something didn't go just perfectly. I'll make it a point to get on here more from now on. Cheers!
    Please do.

As far as the negativity it's just part of the deal. Nets fans have reason to be negative. We have sucked for a long time and some of the gripes we have with this team derive from REAL problems that we have i.e lack of shooters, lack of pick and roll coverage, and lack of athleticism.

I think we are a trade or two away and if we can get a solid PF for Hump this team will be amazing to watch. You put Millsap on this team and we are going to be blowing teams out on a regular basis (not because of Millsap himself) but because we will be very hard to defend and our biggest weakness, pick and roll defense, will be addressed.

Imo the Nets need to trade for Millsap or Illyasova and then trade for Gerald Green who played very well for us. Then sign Cook. That will solve a lot for us.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    Too many interesting people saying interesting things over and over and over again. It gets old after a while I guess. I am assuming that is why people stay away from here, but I remember when this place was hot though!
    Na man we have never had a great fan base on PSD but this place was mad chill before. 2009 it was pretty live in here.

We in Brooklyn now. This forum should not be this dead. I wanna start seeing some 9-10 page game threads man! We can do it. Let's get this forum back to what it was.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 01-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    I remember we use to get 10+ pages on game nights. I am talking 'bout when I joined in 07. I will try to get on her more. I broke my wrist....playing soccer....again....FML...a few weeks ago!
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    I remember we use to get 10+ pages on game nights. I am talking 'bout when I joined in 07. I will try to get on her more. I broke my wrist....playing soccer....again....FML...a few weeks ago!
    Please do.

Get better dude. That **** ain't fun.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    It's true, seems like there was more going on here when we were terrible.

I've always been an on and off poster, going to have to step it up myself.

Love that PJ is using Marshon, and Mirz more.
    Never understood the way Avery used the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    It's true, seems like there was more going on here when we were terrible.

I've always been an on and off poster, going to have to step it up myself.

Don't just say that dude. Step it up bro. Let's all get it done. This forum is embarrassing right now! Spread the word! Lets have a team effort on this!

vCash
    You know I'm still always on ND but I still always check this forum.

I'll try to help liven it up!

One thing that really seems to hurt is that we don't have official game threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I think we are a trade or two away and if we can get a solid PF for Hump this team will be amazing to watch.
    That's what I realized too, it's not just Avery gone, but also Hump not playing that has made the difference. Let's be honest now, Hump was a 12-10 player on a 20 to 25 win team, in which Lopez was not playing (and scoring) for one year. Seriously: Shelden Williams would've posted the same numbers given the same minutes. Both are below average NBA players who look average at best. I don't agree with you on the other additions, I think the roster is pretty set. Deron and Joe Johnson are gonna get the bulk of the minutes, so Marshon needs to be the only guard coming off the bench getting significant minutes. Gerald Wallace is a great team player at the SF position, and Toko Shengelia should be able to back him up at times. Bogans is good, but having Bogans AND Evans on the floor like yesterday yields ugly offensive results. The frontcourt situation is good; Lopez and Blatche have center covered. Evans and Teletovic should be used in the NBA game since both offer a true strenghth: one is good at rebounds and the other shoots well. Humphries has proven to be a losing team's stat filler. If you trade Humphries for an upgrade (I'm not talking All-Star, like, a decent yet proven contributor on a winning team will do) then all this team needs is good coaching. Then you got yourself an elite team.

PS To answer your question: Netsdaily is simply a better site. It's got more articles than you need. The only bad thing is that their forum is totally dead, and every article features hundreds of responses which take too much time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I gotta go with the Jason Kidd quote with this one: Avery Johnson's crazy. Imagine a work environment where a new, unproven, yet talented employee gets punished severely for being weak at one area of the overall work. That's what Johnson was doing with the prospect type of players. The man was a nut. Thank god he's gone. I understand getting rid of T-Will but Brooks doesn't have discipline issues. To simply remove him from the rotation entirely just for being weak on D is unacceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    That's what I realized too, it's not just Avery gone, but also Hump not playing that has made the difference. Let's be honest now, Hump was a 12-10 player on a 20 to 25 win team, in which Lopez was not playing (and scoring) for one year. Seriously: Shelden Williams would've posted the same numbers given the same minutes. Both are below average NBA players who look average at best. I don't agree with you on the other additions, I think the roster is pretty set. Deron and Joe Johnson are gonna get the bulk of the minutes, so Marshon needs to be the only guard coming off the bench getting significant minutes. Gerald Wallace is a great team player at the SF position, and Toko Shengelia should be able to back him up at times. Bogans is good, but having Bogans AND Evans on the floor like yesterday yields ugly offensive results. The frontcourt situation is good; Lopez and Blatche have center covered. Evans and Teletovic should be used in the NBA game since both offer a true strenghth: one is good at rebounds and the other shoots well. Humphries has proven to be a losing team's stat filler. If you trade Humphries for an upgrade (I'm not talking All-Star, like, a decent yet proven contributor on a winning team will do) then all this team needs is good coaching. Then you got yourself an elite team.

PS To answer your question: Netsdaily is simply a better site. It's got more articles than you need. The only bad thing is that their forum is totally dead, and every article features hundreds of responses which take too much time.
    I disagree that neglecting to play Hump(whether DNP or injury) has contributed to the Nets great play of recent games.

Kris Humphries might not be good defensively and he may be very limited on offense, but Reggie Evans is the biggest black hole on offense and defensively he's tough and rugged but he commits way too many stupid fouls like Hump and is no better on defense.

Here are the 3 main reasons in my opinion on why we are different.

1) We are running a much, MUCH smoother offense now that we don't run ISOs every play. In our ISO offense, you'd have to be blind to see that DWILL was uncomfortable and didn't know how to operate in an ISO offense. We run many more plays, especially pick and rolls which is really helping us.

2) Rotations. We are seeing MUCH better rotations. No more Watson+DWILL. Much more MarShon Brooks. No more Stackhouse getting 20 min. No more Blatche and Lopez never playing together. No more take out Lopez DWILL Hump Wallace out at the same time during our first subs.

3) Deron Williams. Thank the Lord that the Nets are no longer running an ISO offense. This guy is finally starting to look like he's getting back to his old self.

All 3 of these former issues can be summed up in 2 words. Avery Johnson.

vCash
    ^ Overall, Reggie is a better player than Humphries though. He makes better plays when he has the ball on offense. Instead of TOs this guy gets extra possesions with the offensive rebounds. And Reggie has something else Hump doesn't: He can seriously get into his opponent's head. How many times do players get irritated with his presence and cause a T? Reggie's offense is bad, Hump's is cringeworthy.

PS Stack averaging 20 minutes was all on Avery and his twisted perception of how to manage. Stack can deliver clutch plays at times but you don't destroy the confidence of a borderline All-Star SG just so you can play a 38 year old veteran or a defense only Bogans.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 01-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    You know I'm still always on ND but I still always check this forum.

I'll try to help liven it up!

One thing that really seems to hurt is that we don't have official game threads.
    Well i am banned from NetsDaily because Rainy snitched me out UGHHH so i have to make do with PSD

Look forward to your contributions here though

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast