Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    He belongs somewhere around the top 10. I'd say top 20 for sure. HHH has done much more and was so much more important than Cena, c'mon.
    What exactly has he done that is "much more " ?

He started with WWE in 95... from 95-97ish he was a lower mid card guy barely getting by.... Then in 97 he gets put with Shawn in DX and isn't even the top guy in the group...

Then the attitude era takes off 98-02.... He is beyond Taker/Rock/SCSA/Foley on the totem pole during that era. Then he finally wins his first championship and people still doubt him.. He was even considered the underdog when he went up against Scsa/Rock. He didn't really start to get over or become a believable main eventer till his epic feud with Cactus Jack that showed he can hang with everybody.

Then he got hit with a million injuries... Then 03-05 he was the guy in wwe but who was really left in the company at that point ? Rock was in and out with hollywood - scsa was basically retired.... Y2J was just starting to get his push.... So he was the guy when there was really nobody for him to worry about....

I'll skip the DX reunion because that was horrible and by far worse then any Cena/Rock pg promos we've seen...

Then you go to him from 07-10 when he was the last huge name left of that era... He got thrown in with Cena/Orton/Hbk/Hardy/Roidboy/Kane/RVD/Show etc.....

HHH is awesome and is my top 20 but the fact of the matter is he was never THE GUY int he company for that long and I'd love to see what happens if he doesn't **** the bosses daughter and Owen doesn't pass away because "The Game" gimmick was suppose to be Owens new gimmick....
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    HHH also a bunch of connections with The Kliq. He had HBK in his corner trying to convince Vince to push HHH and attempted to keep others down. He did prove his worth eventually.

Cena became famous because his rap gimmick was super over even though he lost plenty of times, HHH was given opportunity after opportunity including clean (or close to clean) wins over Rock which still didn't get him completely over.

I say this not as a supporter of Cena, but just as someone who respects the fact that the majority of his popularity came from his own ideas and efforts. When he was given a small chance by vince and crew to show something, he got over.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 01-09-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I remember HHH being a huge guy in the Attitude Era when he was with Stephanie. He seemed unbeatable to me because he'd always cheat. I remember him as a big time heel that I despised. He is one of the greatest heels of all time and to me is one of the best wrestlers ever. HHH isn't a joke. He's a legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    HHH also a bunch of connections with The Kliq. He had HBK in his corner trying to convince Vince to push HHH and attempted to keep others down. He did prove his worth eventually.

Cena became famous because his rap gimmick was super over even though he lost plenty of times, HHH was given opportunity after opportunity including clean (or close to clean) wins over Rock which still didn't get him completely over.

I say this not as a supporter of Cena, but just as someone who respects the fact that the majority of his popularity came from his own ideas and efforts. When he was given a small chance by vince and crew to show something, he got over.
    He was thrown out there as Vanilla Ice as a joke kinda like The dancing Dinosaur Brodus Clay and he turned into one of the best heels in awhile.
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Mitb - Check
    World Champion - Check
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    He was thrown out there as Vanilla Ice as a joke kinda like The dancing Dinosaur Brodus Clay and he turned into one of the best heels in awhile.
    Are you saying brotus will rule the wwe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    HAHAHA... No what Im saying is Cena was given a horrible Vanilla Ice segment and spinned that off into one of the greatest heels in awhile...Something you've even agreed on a few times.
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Mitb - Check
    World Champion - Check
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    HAHAHA... No what Im saying is Cena was given a horrible Vanilla Ice segment and spinned that off into one of the greatest heels in awhile...Something you've even agreed on a few times.
    I no it was a great heel gimmick. Brotus is the future lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    funk is on a roll!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I remember HHH being a huge guy in the Attitude Era when he was with Stephanie. He seemed unbeatable to me because he'd always cheat. I remember him as a big time heel that I despised. He is one of the greatest heels of all time and to me is one of the best wrestlers ever. HHH isn't a joke. He's a legend.
    Never said HHH was a joke.... I'm just saying the same reasons you hate Cena are the same things your boy HHH did yet you like him.
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Mitb - Check
    World Champion - Check
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    Cena and HHH are not top 10 in my eyes.

vCash
    Never said HHH was a joke.... I'm just saying the same reasons you hate Cena are the same things your boy HHH did yet you like him.
    I already said that I don't like H and never have. He was a key guy in the Attitude Era, basically he is a legend. Anyone with wrestling knowledge knows that. Cena will NEVER be at that level. Plain and simple. And if you think so, you're crazy.

vCash
    I already said that I don't like H and never have. He was a key guy in the Attitude Era, basically he is a legend. Anyone with wrestling knowledge knows that. Cena will NEVER be at that level. Plain and simple. And if you think so, you're crazy.
    One of my problem with your opinion when it comes to Cena is that you have no set criteria. It is established that Cena is one of the biggest money makers in the history of the wwe, that he sells the most merchandise of anyone in his era, and that he draws the best ratings (IN ALL AGE GROUPS) of anyone in his era yet you don't acknowledge it. He has also succeeded as a face and a heel.

In comparison, a guy like Punk, who manages to move merchandise, but has failed to consistently draw ratings in big time-slots and can't sell ppvs on his own, has saved the wwe? How can you save the wwe when the majority of people don't tune in to see him? He is a great heel, but has flopped every time he has been face.

Same with HHH, he was never the featured draw or guy of his era, yet he is ahead of Cena? How can you be all time top 10 and not have been a big draw?

No matter how you feel about his gimmick, Cena is the most successful superstar of his era. I mean is everything strictly based on in ring ability? Is it mic skills? Or is it your ability to draw? I think it should be all three, but your ability to draw and how over you are is the most important aspect of any performer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    One of my problem with your opinion when it comes to Cena is that you have no set criteria. It is established that Cena is one of the biggest money makers in the history of the wwe, that he sells the most merchandise of anyone in his era, and that he draws the best ratings (IN ALL AGE GROUPS) of anyone in his era yet you don't acknowledge it. He has also succeeded as a face and a heel.

In comparison, a guy like Punk, who manages to move merchandise, but has failed to consistently draw ratings in big time-slots and can't sell ppvs on his own, has saved the wwe? How can you save the wwe when the majority of people don't tune in to see him? He is a great heel, but has flopped every time he has been face.

Same with HHH, he was never the featured draw or guy of his era, yet he is ahead of Cena? How can you be all time top 10 and not have been a big draw?

No matter how you feel about his gimmick, Cena is the most successful superstar of his era. I mean is everything strictly based on in ring ability? Is it mic skills? Or is it your ability to draw? I think it should be all three, but your ability to draw and how over you are is the most important aspect of any performer.
    This 100 times over...

He was one of MANY KEY GUYS.... Like I said in another post in his era HHH was never really the guy and was beyond SCSA/Rock/Taker/Hbk/Foley at one point.... Cena has been the man of his era and no one has even come close to him. He was handed it? Hmmm Punk has been champ for over a year now been pushed to the moon and Cena has lost more PPV matches then he has won this year yet he is still miles ahead of Punk. But yet Punk "Saved" the wwe?
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Mitb - Check