Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash

NY Jets GM-The search continues

I hope we get a gm that knows football and not on the money side, just to give out roster talent in the mid rounds. Our roster is weaker than most teams

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I was told Jets hope to have GM hired by end of the week, but it could stretch on longer. #nyj

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets will have a new GM in place before hiring an offensive coordinator.... so no OC hire is imminent. #nyj

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Jets will have a new GM in place before hiring an offensive coordinator.... so no OC hire is imminent. #nyj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That's comforting news although it's from the guy everyone claims to pull stuff out of his arse. My guy is still Morninhweg.

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Keep hearing former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist was particularly impressive last Thursday when interviewing for Jets GM job. Sleeper candidate.

Really like him.

vCash
    He has an impressive track record. The problem is that I'm skeptical about hiring ex-GM's.

If they are so good, why did aren't they still employed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    He has an impressive track record. The problem is that I'm skeptical about hiring ex-GM's.

This....ive never liked recycling coaches, gms whatever who have never won jack nut for some reason teams love rehiring the same guys over and over expecting I dont know what

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I posted this last week but you had to wait for Manish? Uncool dude.

It's guys like you that make me feel less bad about sleeping with married women.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I posted this last week but you had to wait for Manish? Uncool dude.

It's guys like you that make me feel less bad about sleeping with married women.
    I slept with a married chick once..... I still don't feel bad hahaha

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I slept with a married chick once..... I still don't feel bad hahaha
    I once slept with a chick in her boyfriends house while his mom was in the next room. Waved to her on the way out. Still don't feel guilty.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

Good thing for the Patriots they don't share your opinion. Same for the Broncos, Redskins and the Giants.

vCash
    This is why I like Sunquist,
    "As a former GM, selection and development of top 10 players can’t be taken lightly, especially under the “old CBA” way of doing business. Too much financial and opportunity cost is invested. Every ounce of effort must and should go into the development of young quarterback. Sanchez has not lived up to expectations of the fans and the media who put him on his pedestal in 2009. Despite only two seasons removed from a trip to the AFC Championship, he is being questioned from every angle imaginable; leadership, production, dedication."

"Sanchez has yet to reach the full potential projected after being the second QB selected in 2009. After consecutive playoffs appearances, New York took a step back towards mediocrity this past season. The Jets picked the Southern Cal QB even with only a little over a season’s worth of starting experience. To thrust Sanchez into the situation he’s found himself should have come with a detailed developmental plan, and I don’t and haven’t seen one."

vCash

vCash
    For either young player to thrive this season it will be important that the Jets be upfront and communicate with both exactly what their role will be. To trade for a 46.5% QB with an 8-8 record and ask him to push a 56.7% incumbent with an 8-8 record, that doesn’t make much football sense.

Square pegs + round holes = don’t fit.

But if the Jets are looking to maximize the inherent qualities of both players to strengthen their 13th rated offense in 2011, it’s never too early to clue both players in on that “developmental plan”. Otherwise NYJ will likely enter 2012 with two “head cases” under center.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast