Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will say this and I know I will get bashed for it, but the more I think about things when looking at the NY Jets, I would have kept Mike T. in place for 2013 and I would just promote from within in terms of the OC.

Let's be realistic, 2013 is going to be, unless you strike gold via the draft and what not, a "transitional" year for the NY Jets. You aren't going to be making big splashes this offseason; your goals this off-season are to "trim the fat--" Guys like Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Jason Smith, Eric Smith, Tim Tebow, possibly Sione Pouha. Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Dustin Keller, LaRon Landry, Mike Devito Yeramiah Bell, Austin Howard, and Shonn Greene are all going to be, restricted or unrestricted, free agents and you aren't going to be able to re-sign them all. I think, according to reports, as of right now, only 10 starters on the entire team will be back.

You also have a select number of players (Sanchez, Mangold, Ferguson, Harris, Cromartie, Revis, Holmes off the top of my head) that account for nearly 2/3rds of next year's salary cap. I think if I remember correctly, they said like 7 or 8 guys account for 80 of the projected 126 million dollar cap; meaning, you are going to have to get 45 or 46 other players on your roster using only around 40 or 42 million (You have to keep a few million under as the season progresses).

With all of these things working against you, another 6-10 or 7-9 season is highly likely, unless you hit gold in the draft and the few FA's you may sign. If you bring in a new GM this year with ZERO ties to the team, it is going to turn into another situation like the Chicago Bears, where the GM is just looking for an excuse to get rid of the head coach and his staff. What does a new OC do for the Jets with a new GM hovering over the team who is looking for any reason to bring in "his guy," who will want to hire his "own staff" when he arrives?

If I had been Woody this off-season, either EVERYONE, including Rex, would have been gone or I just would have kept everyone and "blew it up" next year if things didn't work out.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    problem is a GM in the last year of his contract would have done anything to win now. Even if it is not good for the long term success of the team. That is why you don't want lame duck contracts in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    ^ Magooo...I understand patience is a virtue...but conventional wisdom would also tell you best Go

maybe we are taking time for right reasons and Woody passed on GMs rather than GMs passing on us...but we don't really know the truth - if so he is a smart businessman I respect it.

If not....then it could be bad
    You're right. We don't know the truth. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

All I can do is hope for the best.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets will hold follow-up discussions with at least two GM candidates they have interviewed. Name to watch: former Bears GM Jerry Angelo.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Previous reports that the #Jets interviewed Russ Ball (Packers) and Jim Popp (Montreal) aren't true.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    glazer says jets cant give gm job away and gamble spruned the jets yet there are reports out there for days that gamble bombed in his interview and the jets turned him down

its like a media witchunt

vCash
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    If the Jets have named GM finalists, they haven't told any of them yet. Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist is also among those who interviewed there

vCash
    @AdamSchefter: Former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist interviewed late last week in New York for Jets GM job.

vCash

NY Jets GM-The search continues

Same gm that allowed the draft of Tim Tebow ??

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    wouldnt shock me if Woody just gms himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    no, he was gone before then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    no, he was gone before then.
    Sorry for my idiotic question, just fed up of bad decisions from the front office. I'm still cheering for Tom gamble

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Part of me thinks Tom gamble will be our gm, he still never got a gm job
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    This is turning into another ASO like fiasco

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Aso?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast