Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Screw it give him a chance better then hiring these recycled gms os asst from losing programs

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Was Mr. T?

Read for yourself.
    One bad hire should never justify another. If anything, it should make it more urgent to get it right this time.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    One bad hire should never justify another. If anything, it should make it more urgent to get it right this time.
    Did you read the material I presented to you?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Did you read the material I presented to you?
    Yes. I was only commenting on your response to my question. Pointing out that Tranny wasn't qualified means nothing with regard to Popp.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Yes. I was only commenting on your response to my question. Pointing out that Tranny wasn't qualified means nothing with regard to Popp.
    There are quite a few GMs that never had previous experience. That's why I mentioned Mr. T.

In spite of some of his faults, Mr. T had a successful run here.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    This guy has GM experience and has found diamonds in the rough.

vCash
    There are quite a few GMs that never had previous experience. That's why I mentioned Mr. T.

In spite of some of his faults, Mr. T had a successful run here.
    He had success when he had a HC who could evaluate talent. Tanny was such an unqualified talent evaluator that he had to rely on others.

A good GM would have surrounded himself with better football people. I mean Terry Bradway was one of his football people. Talk about setting yourself up to fail.

T's success here was not a product of his own doing, but almost seems that he was successful despite his best efforts not to be.

The one thing he was supposed to be great at, he screwed up over the past few years. The lack of talent on the offense the last two years was as much about not having money to pay better players as it was a product of overestimating talent they had.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    This guy has GM experience and has found diamonds in the rough.
    You're referring to Popp, I assume. His business model for running a team makes sense, and should work in the NFL.

The only reason I'm not sure about him is that being a Canadian GM isn't the same as being an NFL GM.

The difference between getting it right, and having a bust in the NFL is such a fine line in so many cases, that it's 100 times tougher than the Canadian league.

By that I mean most NFL level players are elite players. So you are either elite, or you're not in the NFL. In Canada, they're picking from players who are good to very good. It's much easier to evaluate talent at that level.

I'm not saying he isn't qualified. I'm just wondering if he is.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    the longer this goes the worse we look

vCash
    Just hire Popp and get it over with. The draft is 2 months away!!! I really would like to see us do something different and hire a GM from the CFL. The guys sounds like he is no more of a risk than the other guys out there since we struck out on our top 3-4 guys. Another option is to get rid of Rex and give Cowher total control (he is a member of my golf course and when his group is heading up to the pin, I always tell him he should coach the Jets and he tells me only if Namath is his quarterback). Man, do we need a guy like that running this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Just hire Popp and get it over with. The draft is 2 months away!!! I really would like to see us do something different and hire a GM from the CFL. The guys sounds like he is no more of a risk than the other guys out there since we struck out on our top 3-4 guys. Another option is to get rid of Rex and give Cowher total control (he is a member of my golf course and when his group is heading up to the pin, I always tell him he should coach the Jets and he tells me only if Namath is his quarterback). Man, do we need a guy like that running this team.
    Yeah, then he'd go ahead and sign Joe Namath from FA. Is that what this team needs? A 70 year old QB? I'd like to see us get a little younger more than anything, not go and get the oldest guy out there. Anyways his knees are shot. I don't think he took the proper steps needed in his rehabilitation to make a comeback, not yet anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    the longer this goes the worse we look
    Sorry, but I don't agree. If the Jets just hire anyone to "look better" in the eyes of the wrong people, they will never get it right. The team needs to stop pandering to the media and fans and make smart decisions.

People use the term "decisive" as a compliment, but being decisive when you make bad decisions is never a good thing.

Come on Jets, just get it right.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Yeah, then he'd go ahead and sign Joe Namath from FA. Is that what this team needs? A 70 year old QB? I'd like to see us get a little younger more than anything, not go and get the oldest guy out there. Anyways his knees are shot. I don't think he took the proper steps needed in his rehabilitation to make a comeback, not yet anyways.
    Come on now, don't be so dismissive? If nothing else, imagine how funny Namath's post game interviews and press conferences would be.

I can just see him grabbing Jeane Coakely and giving her a post game kiss.

Imagine the headline in the Post the next day...SNY reporter hospitalized after trying to use bleach as mouthwash.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    ^ Magooo...I understand patience is a virtue...but conventional wisdom would also tell you best Go

maybe we are taking time for right reasons and Woody passed on GMs rather than GMs passing on us...but we don't really know the truth - if so he is a smart businessman I respect it.

If not....then it could be bad

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Well we know for sure Caldwell passed on us because he pretty much said it himself the ex Browns didnt even want to interview, theors nothing enticing about being the Jets gm first you cant even hire your own hc which is already I dont care what anybody says the cap mess is a joke we are an old team with horrible qb we cant get rid of. The only guy crazy enough to take this Job is Popp just because hes coming from cfl to the nfl

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast