Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    I wish but I can see this def. Happening "after a long and stressfull process we have finally found the right man to be our next GM.....boys and girls Mr. COHEN" LOL
    I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    It's been on twitter, it's being said that Scott Cohen is being looked at as a more serious candidate, Im not sure why but i hope this isn't true
    It's also reported that Cleveland wants to talk with Cohen. I hope he's not a yes man for Woody and Rex.

Now that I think about it, maybe this service used to search for a GM is all a ruse. There would be certain outcry if they selected Tanny's lieutenant from the outset. If they get to him in this fashion, no one will question that they didn't look outside. And then conveniently leak that another team is interested....we'll see.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-08-2013 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    SNY is reporting the Cohen is the leading candidate to get the GM job.....I ****ing new it

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    It's also reported that Cleveland wants to talk with Cohen. I hope he's not a yes man for Woody and Rex.

Now that I think about it, maybe this service used to search for a GM is all a ruse. There would be certain outcry if they selected Tanny's lieutenant from the outset. If they get to him in this fashion, no one will question that they didn't look outside. And then conveniently leak that another team is interested....we'll see.
    Thats what ive been saying their going to make it seem they searched high and low to try yo sell us the Cohen hiring....come on guys dont we know our team already and how they do things

vCash

most likely-Tom Gamble-NY Jets GM

As jets fans we are doomed to support a failing franchise!!! F U woody Johnson

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    i mean why even fire Mr.T if your gonna hire Cohen his assistant???

vCash
    i mean why even fire Mr.T if your gonna hire Cohen his assistant???
    How about if we wait to condemn this move until it's actually made?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    How about if we wait to condemn this move until it's actually made?
    Well after this stupid press confrence today it became clear that the Jets weren't looking for the best candidate like we all thought they were. They are looking for someone who Rex can have power over . Enter-Scott Cohen, we will be 3-13 next year if we go this route

vCash
    Well after this stupid press confrence today it became clear that the Jets weren't looking for the best candidate like we all thought they were. They are looking for someone who Rex can have power over . Enter-Scott Cohen, we will be 3-13 next year if we go this route
    Clear to whom?

I went through this same thing two years ago when the Mets fired Omar, and half the Mets fans were calling the owerns idiots for hiring Ricco to be the GM. Two weeks later, the Mets announced the hiring of Sandy Alderson.

You guys are overreacting to something that hasn't even happened yet, and I really hope you're wrong.

Hiring Cohen would be a big mistake from a PR perspective, and who knows what he would be like as a GM?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

vCash
    Don't read too much into what La Canfora says. He has a different guy every day.

I mentioned before, but one reason they hired a firm was to hire a guy and do it quietly, no leaks. Nobody knows for sure who is going to be hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    That's 2 out of 3 that have pulled out of the race. And we don't know for certain if Gamble did the same. You see little tidbits claiming the Jets didn't feel he interviewed well but at this point, what else can they say if they need to save face at this point?

Maybe this announcing of the coach weighing in on the hiring of his boss has negative ramifications. Caldwell was scheduled to meet today for a 2nd interview and now he's declined. Heckert wanted no part of the cap mess.

I hope one of the top tier candidates is chosen. Jacksonville was viewed as a more attractive destination than the Jets. Wow. Think about that.
    The Jaguars have the 2nd overall pick, 22M in cap available, and an owner that isn't afraid to spend. Those are all pretty attractive things.

Breer tweeted a week ago that one exec. told him that the Jaguars GM opening was one of the most sought after openings because of the things I just mentioned.

Sorry to budge in here, just saying...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Don't read too much into what La Canfora says. He has a different guy every day.

I mentioned before, but one reason they hired a firm was to hire a guy and do it quietly, no leaks. Nobody knows for sure who is going to be hired.
    Lol they hired that firm to make it look like they did their D.D., it is what it is this team is becoming way to predictable in the worse way

vCash
    . Enter-Scott Cohen, we will be 3-13 next year if we go this route
    Should we start another thread on our top 3 pick in 2014?

vCash
    This forum continues to show me the pathetic flock of sheep most people are...

One rumor, inclicination, clue, leak, opinion, whatever and everyone throws a hissy fit. Some people are so pathetic.

A.) Not even Cohen for sure.
    B.) Scott Cohen is WAAAAY different than Tannebaum, and just because he was the Assistant to Tannebaum does not automatically make him a failure.

Before coming here in 2008, he was Director of Player Personnel for the Eagles. Guess what, the Eagles were perennial contenders from 99-2008...

So in essence, he is the 2008 version of Caldwell. Furthermore, he has 4 years experience under an actual GM.

Scott Cohen works closely with general manager Tom Heckert in assessing players on NFL rosters for potential free agents and trades, players available during the season, as well as players in other pro leagues (Arena League and CFL). He also provides advance scouting reports for most NFC opponents in addition to managing the pro scouting department and handling player tryouts.

With his background in college scouting, Cohen has been involved each year in evaluating players for the draft as well as being involved in draft day trades, projecting other team’s needs and selections. He has also negotiated contracts for undrafted and future free agents.
    You can see from the synopsis above which was written back in 2008 he has significant experience in scouting, player assessments, and personnel decisions...which are all where Tanny lacked significantly.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast