Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NY Jets GM-The search continues

Brian Bassett

BREAKING: Source w/ knowledge of #Jets contracts tells TJB Jets have essentially "cemented" deal w/ Tom Gamble. Deal likely to run 3-4 yrs.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    @MikeGarafolo: Jets' GM interviews end early next week. Buzz is Gamble's the guy but won't be official this wknd.

@BrianCoz: Source just said the Jets have not offered the job to Gamble or anyone else yet. #nyj

@BrianCoz: Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview with the Jets for their GM job on Monday, according to a source. #nyj

@RichCimini: Told at start of GM search that new GM wouldn't be in place by Rex/Woody presser on Tuesday. Nothing has changed. #Jets

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    As many have noted for a while now, Tom Gamble (SF) well positioned to be Jets GM. By this time in 2014 Jim Tomsula (SF) could be his coach

vCash
    happy about this. only snag is the rooney rule. as far as i know, jets have yet to interview a minority candidate. the team would not be foolish enough to make an official announcement without getting that one minor thing out of the way. in any case, looks like gamble it is. very happy about this.

out with the old, in with the new. here's to a new era of jets football!

vCash
    It'll be done before the press conference on Tuesday for sure.. I'm ok with this guy but he better not keep Sparano or is fire GM thread time

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    no way he keeps sparano. i think the jets want norv. personally, id welcome almost anyone after the combined reigns of shotty and sparano. in reality, i think norv's terminology isn't far off from shotty and that may be beneficial to sanchez if we are in fact stuck with him.

i think gamble was ultimately okay with rex being the HC because it gives him one yr of slack. if the team falls flat on its face again, gamble gets to build with a 9th overall pick and a high pick in 2014 at which time he can dump rex and sanchez with little blame. it's an ideal situation in my mind. his philosophy aligns with both rex's vision of jet football (see 2010) and the direction that woody wants to go (control the ground game and play stellar D). if things go well this season, then he looks like a genius for what he did with the team he inherited..

anybody think gamble will try to sign alex smith?

vCash
    great hire in my opinion. what he has done with the 49ers thru the draft cannot be overlooked.

vCash
    This is good if we sign him, he's highly regarded and I think finally we will make smart decisions as a franchise. Starting wit a new OC.

vCash
    I think Rex is ready to fire sparano

GM is 1/2 relevant

Gamble would be a solid get!

vCash
    Great hire hope he gets Norv in here ASAP!!!! On the flip side this is kind of what sucks about the rooney rule, you see it with the Chiefs with Reid, Browns with Kelly, Jags with Caldwell everybody already has thier "guy" so the interview w/ any sort of minority candidate is just for show in most cases

vCash
    I like him but HATE the fact he is tied to another ****ing defensive coach. That is not the NFL we live in anymore. I want to ride it out with Rex but once he is gone we need to get offensive minded around here. Herm-Mangini-Ryan is enough of a run.

vCash
    Gamble is going to clean house..he's a no nonsense GM....

oh btw..what a pleasure it is to watch Rodgers play.......to see a real qb play the game...

Moh Town!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I like him but HATE the fact he is tied to another ****ing defensive coach. That is not the NFL we live in anymore. I want to ride it out with Rex but once he is gone we need to get offensive minded around here. Herm-Mangini-Ryan is enough of a run.
    Hey dont forget about Al Groh, Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck and Pete Carroll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the keefster View Post
    no way he keeps sparano. i think the jets want norv. personally, id welcome almost anyone after the combined reigns of shotty and sparano. in reality, i think norv's terminology isn't far off from shotty and that may be beneficial to sanchez if we are in fact stuck with him.

i think gamble was ultimately okay with rex being the HC because it gives him one yr of slack. if the team falls flat on its face again, gamble gets to build with a 9th overall pick and a high pick in 2014 at which time he can dump rex and sanchez with little blame. it's an ideal situation in my mind. his philosophy aligns with both rex's vision of jet football (see 2010) and the direction that woody wants to go (control the ground game and play stellar D). if things go well this season, then he looks like a genius for what he did with the team he inherited..

anybody think gamble will try to sign alex smith?
    Agree.. Sparano and Mark Cavanaugh have to go.if he keeps Rex, it's like he has a free year with no blame.. **** could hit the fan and it will be all on Rex.. Rex is really in a weird position..the again, it's time to put up or shut up or ship out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan125 View Post
    Gamble is going to clean house..he's a no nonsense GM....

oh btw..what a pleasure it is to watch Rodgers play.......to see a real qb play the game...
    He's awesome.no way the lowly Vikes beat him at home.. It would take another great QB ( not named Mark) to do that

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast