Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Vikings get desperate with Webb!

Viking playoff surprise enacted! In a desperate move to catch the Packers off guard knowing they otherwise don't have a chance to win, Joe Webb will get the start for an 'injured' Christen Ponder. Interesting...but will it work?

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Remember Vick back in 2002?
    Webb is that style of player, yet the OC is not.

vCash
    Interesting move. A team studies film all week on one guy and two hours before kick off you find out a guy with a completely different style is going to start instead. That can throw off a defensive plan quickly!

To me it shows they're going with a hail mary option to beat the Packers. Desperate teams can be dangerous.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Haha listening to the Football Night in America Guys (Patrick, Dungy, Harrison), you'd think the Vikings are HUGE favorites tonight and Webb's the next RGIII.

What I find most interesting is it's a no lose for the Vikes. If they lose, they can blame it on the new QB, if they win, it's the best move since the invention of the snuggie. Pressure is completely off them now.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    All it means is you don't blitz...you place a guy in each gap and make them work for every yard.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Ponder would make a difference in this game. Webb is terrible.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    Viking playoff surprise enacted! In a desperate move to catch the Packers off guard knowing they otherwise don't have a chance to win, Joe Webb will get the start for an 'injured' Christen Ponder. Interesting...but will it work?
    I think this is a low and somewhat immature way to state that a quarterback will not play due to an injury. You are in no way, shape or form qualified to comment on the injury status of Christian Ponder, and this is an obvious example of talking crap. I really hate to see when people talk crap, especially during the playoffs. Considering you are not playing, you are not advising, you are not doing anything to help the team win unless you are cheering in the stadium, I find all forms of talking crap to be immature and childish, especially considering you would not like it if the other team started talking crap after a possible Packer playoff elimination.

You could have simply stated that Ponder was not playing, but you had to resort to trash talk that does nothing to further the chances of your team winning. And, if such a thing as karma exists, you are contributing negative amounts of it to your team.

I really wish that all fans of football, especially those without an athletic bone in their body, and especially those watching the game from home and contributing nothing, would act with class and be respectful to the fact that everybody has a favorite team for a whole host of various reasons.

I'm ashamed that statements like this are being made before the game even begins, and, if I wasn't a Packer fan, I would have very much liked to see you eat your words.

How about you watch the game, act with class before, during and afterwards and save your trash talk (if you absolutely must commit it) for such a time as a possible Super Bowl victory.

vCash
    What a great move by them.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I think this is a low and somewhat immature way to state that a quarterback will not play due to an injury. You are in no way, shape or form qualified to comment on the injury status of Christian Ponder, and this is an obvious example of talking crap. I really hate to see when people talk crap, especially during the playoffs. Considering you are not playing, you are not advising, you are not doing anything to help the team win unless you are cheering in the stadium, I find all forms of talking crap to be immature and childish, especially considering you would not like it if the other team started talking crap after a possible Packer playoff elimination.

You could have simply stated that Ponder was not playing, but you had to resort to trash talk that does nothing to further the chances of your team winning. And, if such a thing as karma exists, you are contributing negative amounts of it to your team.

I really wish that all fans of football, especially those without an athletic bone in their body, and especially those watching the game from home and contributing nothing, would act with class and be respectful to the fact that everybody has a favorite team for a whole host of various reasons.

I'm ashamed that statements like this are being made before the game even begins, and, if I wasn't a Packer fan, I would have very much liked to see you eat your words.

How about you watch the game, act with class before, during and afterwards and save your trash talk (if you absolutely must commit it) for such a time as a possible Super Bowl victory.

Haha you act like you're some classy guy and then make a bunch of completely immature statements yourself. The pot calling the kettle black here.

I stand by what I said. I truly believe Ponder could have played and had it been in the Metrodome he would have. I could be inaccurate, but that's my opinion. I believe guys like Favre, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and others would have played through whatever pain Ponder had.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    When I heard of the news, I got kind of nervous. First series of the game, I will admit, I was getting really nervous.

But then came Webb's first passing attempt and I laughed for 5 minutes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    When I heard of the news, I got kind of nervous. First series of the game, I will admit, I was getting really nervous.

But then came Webb's first passing attempt and I laughed for 5 minutes...
    Haha agreed. I kind of felt like it was the same hail Mary John McCain did with Sarah Palin. Weird analogy. But both were big underdogs so they needed to go big or go home with some big splash.

Surprising a team after they prepped for a full week for one guy with a guy whose a complete 180 degree difference had the 'shock' factor. Unfortunately, for the Vikings, Webb held the ball WAY too long and made terrible throws when we weren't in our prevent defense.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    I think my favorite comment of the night was Frazier saying he was resting Ponder for next week. Pretty bold statement to make coming into a game as a #6 seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post

Haha you act like you're some classy guy and then make a bunch of completely immature statements yourself. The pot calling the kettle black here.
    That was not directed at anybody in particular here, just a highlight of my pet peeve. I don't like trash talking in any form whatsoever, but I get really upset when I see extra large men or women talking crap. Again, not an insinuation about anybody here.

I still stand by what I said. I can't stand people talking crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrain07 View Post
    I think my favorite comment of the night was Frazier saying he was resting Ponder for next week. Pretty bold statement to make coming into a game as a #6 seed.
    I heard that too. It made me mad. I guess they were just resting Ponder for a game of golf next week.

vCash
    Judd Zulgad ‏@1500ESPNJudd

Folks, I saw the guys arm and his inability to put a shirt on. Ponder was not soft. He would have been useless as a passer.

He couldn't put any zip on the ball and didn't have full range of motion. Ponder gave us the best chance to win but he couldn't play so we had to go with the backup. Do you really think they would pull him after his best game of his career. Even though they didn't pull him after his worst game of his career (the first game at Lambeau) Come on... You are reading way to into this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast