Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 112
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32
    vCash
    1500
    There was no on or off field problem with Soriano under the Boss. They traded him to get A-Rod. As far as him striking out too much, compare his G. HR. RBI. SO. to, Trout, Trumbo, Stanton, Braun,.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyNBye View Post
    There was no on or off field problem with Soriano under the Boss. They traded him to get A-Rod. As far as him striking out too much, compare his G. HR. RBI. SO. to, Trout, Trumbo, Stanton, Braun,.
    I've always thought Soriano helped to write his ticket out of town with his 2003 ALCS/WS performances (.173, 20 K's in 52 ABs). Of course, A-Rod's availability was also a factor.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,191
    vCash
    1500
    I'd enjoy watching Soriano. The Alphonso variety, not sourpuss.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I'd enjoy watching Soriano. The Alphonso variety, not sourpuss.
    You know what id like to watch Leo.



    Brunettes.



    And Michael Morse.



    Just not doing the same things.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    You know what id like to watch Leo.



    Brunettes.



    And Michael Morse.



    Just not doing the same things.
    Word, Yo. Word.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    199
    vCash
    1500
    Morse and Napoli are no longer available and Upton will cost a lot more than Soriano. As long as the Cubs are willing to eat most of the contract then get him, at least we get a RH bat with some power. Who knows, he might like being back with the Yankees and do pretty good.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Morse and Napoli are no longer available and Upton will cost a lot more than Soriano. As long as the Cubs are willing to eat most of the contract then get him, at least we get a RH bat with some power. Who knows, he might like being back with the Yankees and do pretty good.
    I wouldn't mind Soriano if he was cheap but I suspect he won't be cheap enough for the Yankees. I'm expecting to be underwhelmed by someone like Ben Francisco. That way, I can be pleasantly surprised if we end up with someone better.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    the matt diaz era begins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,191
    vCash
    1500
    I'm starting to think fkn Upton will be here and we will get ripped off.

    I'd like Al for a year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,135
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, I'd like to see Al in the AL East.. but on the Boston Red Sox.. NOT the NY Yankees...

    He can't hit his weight... jeez, so he hits a few home runs... You complained about Martin last season for his poor batting average but you want a guy who is lifetime notorious for it? Wake up and take a breath... seems like you are oxygen deprived and no longer thinking... (assuming that you ever were...)

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,664
    vCash
    1500
    One) There is more to a player than batting average, but we'll continue that theme.

    Two) Soriano is a career .273 hitter. Not amazing, but solid.

    Three) Martin hit .211 last year. The lowest Soriano has ever hit is .241, during an injury shortened season.

    Four) Russell Martin hasn't had an OPS+ higher than 95 since 2008. Flip side, Soriano has only had an OPS+ lower than 100 once since 2002, which was in that same injury shortened year he hit .241.

    Five) Soriano, even at this juncture, is unquestionably a better hitter than Martin.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,191
    vCash
    1500
    Bizzled!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    7,390
    vCash
    1500
    Apparently, Theo wants a decent prospect in return...

    Is he nuts!
    Nick(mush)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,941
    vCash
    1500
    if you wanted cheap RH power the angels wont expect much for Wells, and will kick in almost all of the money for that contract, he can still play decent defense on the corners and has always been a good club house guy. No one has ever complained about his character.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    if you wanted cheap RH power the angels wont expect much for Wells, and will kick in almost all of the money for that contract, he can still play decent defense on the corners and has always been a good club house guy. No one has ever complained about his character.
    That deal would probably look like some fringy prospect going to the Angels with Wells and 40M of Wells' 42M salary coming to the Yankees. As you say, Wells does have a reputation as a good clubhouse guy, but there's not much you can say about his offense that's positive. I suspect he could replicate what Andruw Jones did last year but that's not saying much.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •