Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    There was no on or off field problem with Soriano under the Boss. They traded him to get A-Rod. As far as him striking out too much, compare his G. HR. RBI. SO. to, Trout, Trumbo, Stanton, Braun,.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyNBye View Post
    There was no on or off field problem with Soriano under the Boss. They traded him to get A-Rod. As far as him striking out too much, compare his G. HR. RBI. SO. to, Trout, Trumbo, Stanton, Braun,.
    I've always thought Soriano helped to write his ticket out of town with his 2003 ALCS/WS performances (.173, 20 K's in 52 ABs). Of course, A-Rod's availability was also a factor.

vCash
    I'd enjoy watching Soriano. The Alphonso variety, not sourpuss.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I'd enjoy watching Soriano. The Alphonso variety, not sourpuss.
    You know what id like to watch Leo.

Brunettes.

And Michael Morse.

Just not doing the same things.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    You know what id like to watch Leo.

Brunettes.

And Michael Morse.

Just not doing the same things.
    Word, Yo. Word.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Morse and Napoli are no longer available and Upton will cost a lot more than Soriano. As long as the Cubs are willing to eat most of the contract then get him, at least we get a RH bat with some power. Who knows, he might like being back with the Yankees and do pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Morse and Napoli are no longer available and Upton will cost a lot more than Soriano. As long as the Cubs are willing to eat most of the contract then get him, at least we get a RH bat with some power. Who knows, he might like being back with the Yankees and do pretty good.
    I wouldn't mind Soriano if he was cheap but I suspect he won't be cheap enough for the Yankees. I'm expecting to be underwhelmed by someone like Ben Francisco. That way, I can be pleasantly surprised if we end up with someone better.

vCash
    the matt diaz era begins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'm starting to think fkn Upton will be here and we will get ripped off.

I'd like Al for a year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Yeah, I'd like to see Al in the AL East.. but on the Boston Red Sox.. NOT the NY Yankees...

He can't hit his weight... jeez, so he hits a few home runs... You complained about Martin last season for his poor batting average but you want a guy who is lifetime notorious for it? Wake up and take a breath... seems like you are oxygen deprived and no longer thinking... (assuming that you ever were...)

vCash
    One) There is more to a player than batting average, but we'll continue that theme.

Two) Soriano is a career .273 hitter. Not amazing, but solid.

Three) Martin hit .211 last year. The lowest Soriano has ever hit is .241, during an injury shortened season.

Four) Russell Martin hasn't had an OPS+ higher than 95 since 2008. Flip side, Soriano has only had an OPS+ lower than 100 once since 2002, which was in that same injury shortened year he hit .241.

Five) Soriano, even at this juncture, is unquestionably a better hitter than Martin.

vCash
    Bizzled!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Apparently, Theo wants a decent prospect in return...

Is he nuts!
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    if you wanted cheap RH power the angels wont expect much for Wells, and will kick in almost all of the money for that contract, he can still play decent defense on the corners and has always been a good club house guy. No one has ever complained about his character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    if you wanted cheap RH power the angels wont expect much for Wells, and will kick in almost all of the money for that contract, he can still play decent defense on the corners and has always been a good club house guy. No one has ever complained about his character.
    That deal would probably look like some fringy prospect going to the Angels with Wells and 40M of Wells' 42M salary coming to the Yankees. As you say, Wells does have a reputation as a good clubhouse guy, but there's not much you can say about his offense that's positive. I suspect he could replicate what Andruw Jones did last year but that's not saying much.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast