Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 141
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    1500
    How the "good guys" are always better shots with a pistol than the "bad guys" are with rifles.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,094
    vCash
    1500
    Watching Casino Royale and they have a fully automatic nail gun in the scene where the building sinks. I've seen it in a fair amount of movies where someone uses a nail gun like a real gun, it's just ridiculous. Someone should maybe just ask a carpenter a quick question on how a nail guns work. Drives me crazy. And unless you are point blank , it really won't do all that much damage in the first place.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,152
    vCash
    1500
    I hate a certain style of fighting. Its everywhere now, but to give you the best example its the Batman style. It made sense for Batman but I don't need every 5 to be shot from .2 feet away so you can barely see whats going on. It was at its worst when Bay tried to pull it off with 50 story high buildings.

    I HATE when kids just magically know everything in a horror movie. Why would it make sense that the kid just knows who some evil spirit is and its entire backstory through intuition or whatever non-sense. And its so overdone.

    And last but not least I hate the movies where some good or bad is soo smart that they have plan that requires their opponent to get the upper hand as part of the plan. I thought the Joker pulled it off well in the Dark Knight, but in movies like Skyfall if you really thinik about the bad guys plan, right down to getting to the tunnel and then being their just in time to have the train be passing just as he detonates the bom to open the tunnel, ridiculous. I am fine with suspending disbelief and or believing in luck etc etc etc but to be so lazy about a master plan that it requires that level of luck and hinging entirely on things that you can not even plan on controlling even with luck is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. DDL character in the Last of the Mohican's was suppose to be white, no? Same goes with Cruise in the Last Samurai.

    What I think he is trying to say is how you can't have a movie about foreign people, it has to be a movie about how white people are better at being those things then the people of the cultures they come from.

    Movie pet peeves for me are what's been mention:

    -Always having a love story of some kind
    -Dialogue picking up where it left off in different scenes/locations
    -Endings that are cop outs of what would be an otherwise great film
    I agree with those.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    No, You Can't Invade My Butthole
    Posts
    12,907
    vCash
    1500
    excessive predictability.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    No, You Can't Invade My Butthole
    Posts
    12,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    We'd end up with a movie like Clerks lol
    clerks is ****ing hilarious. my interest and talent in writing might do the trick

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Straight out da E 559
    Posts
    2,114
    vCash
    1500
    When you have a Brit playing an American. Or a Chinese person playing a Korean. Etcetera, etcetera...... stuff like that makes me mad. You can find someone to play that role that actually is a person from that race?


    My girl. Don't look at her.

    STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,094
    vCash
    1500
    Last of the Mohicans?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,477
    vCash
    1500
    I really hate when the bad guys give away their ingenius idea then die or get arrested. Scream did it in all of them. They always give their damn motive. In all the Die Hard movies...basically in a **** load of movies. It drives me nuts. Who gives a **** why you guys are doing what your doing.

    When slutty girls are "virgins." Gtfo with this ****
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I really hate when the bad guys give away their ingenius idea then die or get arrested. Scream did it in all of them. They always give their damn motive. In all the Die Hard movies...basically in a **** load of movies. It drives me nuts. Who gives a **** why you guys are doing what your doing.

    When slutty girls are "virgins." Gtfo with this ****
    Well, the reason Scream did it in all of their movies is because every Scream movie is a satire. Thereby, they took a satirical approach to horror movies. Thereby, they poked fun of the soliloquy that happens in the end of thrillers and horror movies. So I don't understand why you're complaining about a movie that is basically poking fun of exactly what you're complaining about.

    Another pet peeve of mine is when people can't differentiate between satire and serious films. I guess that's considered a movie watcher pet peeve.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,477
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Well, the reason Scream did it in all of their movies is because every Scream movie is a satire. Thereby, they took a satirical approach to horror movies. Thereby, they poked fun of the soliloquy that happens in the end of thrillers and horror movies. So I don't understand why you're complaining about a movie that is basically poking fun of exactly what you're complaining about.

    Another pet peeve of mine is when people can't differentiate between satire and serious films. I guess that's considered a movie watcher pet peeve.
    lol who gives a ****? Not everyone studies this. And how do you know they "poke" fun at it? It's done in a **** ton of horror films. Its very annoying. I was pointing out an example of it being done. You're such a tool
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    284
    vCash
    800
    I tend to get annoyed by action heroes who manage to kill everyone in their path with as little as a scratch, Taken 2 being a perfect example of that.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,468
    vCash
    1500
    Product Placement
    Long intro just for the names
    Way way imbalance of audio
    Will Ferrell and Jack Black
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    lol who gives a ****? Not everyone studies this. And how do you know they "poke" fun at it? It's done in a **** ton of horror films. Its very annoying. I was pointing out an example of it being done. You're such a tool
    I know because the Scream franchise is widely accepted as satire. Do you know what satire is? And you hurt my feelings by calling me a tool.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    No, You Can't Invade My Butthole
    Posts
    12,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    lol who gives a ****? Not everyone studies this. And how do you know they "poke" fun at it? It's done in a **** ton of horror films. Its very annoying. I was pointing out an example of it being done. You're such a tool
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fabulous View Post
    When you have a Brit playing an American. Or a Chinese person playing a Korean. Etcetera, etcetera...... stuff like that makes me mad. You can find someone to play that role that actually is a person from that race?
    What? A person who is, for example, black in America is the same as a black person in England.. They're still of the same race..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •