Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Law and Order type dialogue always pisses me off, but that's TV and not movies. TV dialogue drops your IQ several points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    The biggest one for me has always been when somebody is about to explain something and they say, "Look..." and then they say something.

I have been to 30 states in my life. I've been to three countries outside of the United States. I've lived in six states for more than two months at a time. I have never heard anybody say, "Look," and then explain something. I think it's lazy writing or lazy acting. There are ten thousand different ways to start dialogue or an explanation or a rant.

I also hate kids drawing scary pictures in horror movies. That hasn't been scary or remotely unsettling in nine thousand years. We get it, the kid is drawing creepy pictures. Come up with something different, how about? Instead of a poorly drawn scary face with crayons or markers, maybe they can create a freaking mural. That would be scarier.

I have a long list of movie pet peeves, but I can't think of them all right now. I'll revisit this after some more thought.

Thought of another one: Non-diagetic songs. I don't have a problem with a non-diagetic score, but non-diagetic songs are annoying, even if it's just a montage. If it fits with what is going on, the song should be diagetic and given a source.
    Look, I dont know what "diagetic" means.

vCash

ewing

I hate it when they don't show tities

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Hmm...

I can't stand movie breathing.
    Like in videodrome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IxeroqZSuo

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. DDL character in the Last of the Mohican's was suppose to be white, no? Same goes with Cruise in the Last Samurai.

Movie pet peeves for me are what's been mention:

-Always having a love story of some kind
    -Dialogue picking up where it left off in different scenes/locations
    -Obvious over dramatizing of scenes
    -Endings that are cop outs of what would be an otherwise great film

and not one that i have experienced many times, but when idiots clap at the end of movies in the theatre. Only happened once, but wtf...
    I've been to movies a few times where the audience claps. So stupid. You would think people would know by now that the actual people are not actually there to hear the praise lol. Just so funny.

vCash
    I hate it when a character asks someone a vague question, knowing it will have to get clarified before an answer can be given. This happens all the time in TV, and in movies too. Example:

Person A: "Do you think she knows?"

Person B: "What do you mean?"

Person A: "The neighbor. Do you think she knows about the body?"

Why the **** didn't they just ask the more specific question in the first place?
    Last edited by hoggin88; 01-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    Look, I dont know what "diagetic" means.
    Google helps for these sorts of things. Diagetic sound is sound where the source of the sound is present in the movie. For example, if Sweet Child O' Mine is playing during the movie, if a radio is shown to be playing the song, that music is diagetic. If the characters are not aware of the song, but it is still playing, that music is non-diagetic.

vCash
    White guys can play anyone from Samurai to women to Native Americans. Comedy is unnecessary.

I love horror movies but pretty much anything characters have to do to push the plot forward in many of them.

vCash
    I love horror movies but pretty much anything characters have to do to push the plot forward in many of them.
    "We should split up."
    "We have to start the generator, let's send one guy."
    "We have to get to the car, let's send one guy so he can drive back to us."
    "We found the one place in the United States that doesn't have cell phone coverage."
    "We can't possibly find anything to defend ourselves with against a guy who is carrying a chopping knife."
    "This house is haunted. Let's stay here."

All perfectly reasonable to me.

vCash
    1. Happy secure endings. So lame....to the point where no matter how good a movie is, halfway through I'm not enjoying it because I can already see the "well the good guy wins this one somehow" ending.
    2. The I'm only saying this line to establish character dialogue. You see it 1,000 times. Character comes on screen 2 min into a flick and says some crap like "but Greg, I'm your sister AND I'm a lawyer, so....". NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT. They throw in that garbage line for dumb audiences to learn about a character without having to figure it out.

vCash
    "We have to get to the car, let's send one guy so he can drive back to us."
    OH NO, the car that was working in every other part of this bad movie is now not working AND the killer is RIGHT THERE!

vCash
    OH NO, the car that was working in every other part of this bad movie is now not working AND the killer is RIGHT THERE!
    Better drop my keys!

vCash
    Another....

The "one man army" b.s. One guy uses his martial arts skills to take on 20 people yet for some reason only 1 or 2 come at him at a time while the rest stand around hopping and striking fighting poses/stances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Better drop my keys!
    Oh **** better run...*smooth ground trip*

vCash
    The 'bad guys' miss the main character of a movie 5 million ****ing times (See: End of Watch). Absolutely loved that movie, but it's a perfect example. The gang members all have highly automatic guns and manage to miss every single ****ing time. It's ********.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast