Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Fakely cheesy, clean, positive endings.
    So basically, in a nutshell, almost every movie ever made?

vCash
    whenever nic cage stars in a movie

vCash
    Whan a movie switches between whispering and yelling constantly. I can't ever understand the whispering scenes and the yelling is too loud. PLEASE, keep it at conversation volume the whole film.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    whenever nic cage stars in a movie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

vCash
    Owen wilsons nose

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Product placement for sure. I don't mind comic relief tho.

I hate it when characters use English when they're clearly not an English speaking character. I'd rather read subtitles and believe the characters role.

Main character travels to a foreign land, everyone speaks English. Uh what? Lol

I liked Man With the Iron Fists but come on speak Chinese.

They even did this in Lost. Sayid back story is in Iraq but everyone spoke English.
    Pretty much this. They did it with Mr. Ecko too in the Africa flashbacks.

vCash
    I hate how in romantic comedies how people fall in love in a short time period. Very few movies actually take the time to make it beleivable

vCash
    Not enough references to aliens being real and the Yeerk/human confict.

vCash
    White guys playing traditionally non-white roles like The Last Mohican and The Last Samurai. It just seems pretty arrogant.

vCash
    anything with Jude law or Angelina Jolie

I would rather watch a dude watch paint dry versus sitting through a move with either of those pretenders.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    anything with Jude law or Angelina Jolie

I would rather watch a dude watch paint dry versus sitting through a move with either of those pretenders.
    Add Tom Cruise and Megan Fox to this list for me. Ugh.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    White guys playing traditionally non-white roles like The Last Mohican and The Last Samurai. It just seems pretty arrogant.
    I interpreted The Last Samurai was Ken Watanabe's character and not Cruise. And Daniel Day Lewis is basically a real life Kirk Lazarus(Tropic Thunder reference). Guy can do any role.

vCash
    i have a lot of movie pet peeves, but there was one i noticed while watching lincoln last night that kills me every time... the extended pause and thought sequence before a character makes a statement or gives a response.

for instance, character A will ask character B for his thoughts or opinion on something, then character B will pause for literally 2 minutes while the camera pans across character B's face and the rest of the room, and dramatic music rages in the background. then, after 30 pans across the room, character B finally speaks up and says, "yes!"

i ****ing hate that ****. nobody in real life takes a 2-3 minute dramatic pause to answer a question. find a better way to build suspense and drama, filmmakers!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    How about when two characters are having a conversation, the camera cuts away and they're at a different location but resuming the discussion from the other location.

Example. Man talking to woman on a plane ride about her drinking problem. He tells her she should seek help while they're still in the air. Cut to them riding in the taxi and she offers a response to his comment.

Wtf did you discuss between? Who just stops a conversation only to pick up later from the exact spot?

Make sense?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    How about when two characters are having a conversation, the camera cuts away and they're at a different location but resuming the discussion from the other location.

Example. Man talking to woman on a plane ride about her drinking problem. He tells her she should seek help while they're still in the air. Cut to them riding in the taxi and she offers a response to his comment.

Wtf did you discuss between? Who just stops a conversation only to pick up later from the exact spot?

Make sense?

i know exactly what you're talking about
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast