Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Your Movie Pet Peeves

I think my biggest movie pet peeve is an epilogue in text. It seems extremely lazy to me and annoys me to no end.

I'm sure I have more but I just saw this in a movie and thought it was a massive cop out.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Open endings make me really mad. Which is weird since some of my favorite movies have open endings...but it still makes me mad.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    1. Comic relief
    2. Product placement

vCash
    1. Constant camera cuts when they aren't necessary.
    2. The misunderstanding between a couple that leads to separation. Followed by one of them having to do something stupid and/or dramatic to win him/her back.
    3. Friedberg and Seltzer's career
    4. The wise native man and the evil corporate man (Yes I get it nature=good, corporation=bad, quit harping on it! *cough Avatar cough*)

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any at this moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    2. The misunderstanding between a couple that leads to separation. Followed by one of them having to do something stupid and/or dramatic to win him/her back.
    3. Friedberg and Seltzer's career
    4. The wise native man and the evil corporate man (Yes I get it nature=good, corporation=bad, quit harping on it! *cough Avatar cough*)

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any at this moment.
    So chick flicks?

My biggest pet peeve is a movie without Jeremy Renner in it

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman2424 View Post
    1. Comic relief
    2. Product placement
    Product placement for sure. I don't mind comic relief tho.

I hate it when characters use English when they're clearly not an English speaking character. I'd rather read subtitles and believe the characters role.

Main character travels to a foreign land, everyone speaks English. Uh what? Lol

I liked Man With the Iron Fists but come on speak Chinese.

They even did this in Lost. Sayid back story is in Iraq but everyone spoke English.
    Last edited by BlackWidow; 01-05-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Product placement for sure. I don't mind comic relief tho.

I hate it when characters use English when they're clearly not an English speaking character. I'd rather read subtitles and believe the characters role.

Main character travels to a foreign land, everyone speaks English. Uh what? Lol

I liked Man With the Iron Fists but come on speak Chinese.

They even did this in Lost. Sayid back story is in Iraq but everyone spoke English.
    this,everyone speaks english(everyone not from the us,speak it with a british accent)

-the pyrotechnic,fireball explosion.every explosion is 15 minute hail of fire...now if you've ever seen an explosion than you know most happen very quick and are smokey,not giant fireballs

related to the above-cars explode so easy.dunno if any of you have been in an accident or witnessed one.but cars dont explode/catch on fire that easily

-the foot case.everyone has the stamina of a marathon runner and are super athletic(even fat guys),these prolonged chases and never cramp up,never run out of breath,they can hop over any obstacle
    -people arent affected by weather or hunger.how many movies have you seen someone act like they were cold in the winter?

-every asian person(and way too many white guys)is a martial arts expert

-every problem can be solved with brute force

-love at first sight,every time.it doesnt take getting to know each other to fall deeply in love

there are a lot more,but thats just a few
    Last edited by abe_froman; 01-05-2013 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    So chick flicks?

My biggest pet peeve is a movie without Jeremy Renner in it
    Well yeah but at lot of Adam Sandler movies do the same crap.

vCash
    A lot of Adam Sandler movies are chick flicks

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Open endings make me really mad. Which is weird since some of my favorite movies have open endings...but it still makes me mad.
    So, essentially the exact opposite of my pet peeve.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I hate it when the hot chick in a horror movie trips and falls in the woods. It never fails. Boots, barefoot, high heels, slippers whatever. She's gonna trip and get killed.

I'd like to add that chick flicks are annoying as ****. Guys do NOT act like that in real life lmao
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Crap movies that try to be movies but are just riddled with SFX with no plot or character development -- eg pretty much all of Michael Bay's Transformers, Amazing Spiderman...etc

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    The biggest one for me has always been when somebody is about to explain something and they say, "Look..." and then they say something.

I have been to 30 states in my life. I've been to three countries outside of the United States. I've lived in six states for more than two months at a time. I have never heard anybody say, "Look," and then explain something. I think it's lazy writing or lazy acting. There are ten thousand different ways to start dialogue or an explanation or a rant.

I also hate kids drawing scary pictures in horror movies. That hasn't been scary or remotely unsettling in nine thousand years. We get it, the kid is drawing creepy pictures. Come up with something different, how about? Instead of a poorly drawn scary face with crayons or markers, maybe they can create a freaking mural. That would be scarier.

I have a long list of movie pet peeves, but I can't think of them all right now. I'll revisit this after some more thought.

Thought of another one: Non-diagetic songs. I don't have a problem with a non-diagetic score, but non-diagetic songs are annoying, even if it's just a montage. If it fits with what is going on, the song should be diagetic and given a source.

vCash
    Everyone's ability to always start any car without any keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yes! It absolutely ruins so many action sequences. One more reason why I liked Skyfall so much - that unbroken shot of a silhouetted fistfight (that's all I'll say lest I spoil anything).

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast