Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    ilyasova is in a funk. he is a quality player, certainly no star material but a solid basketball player.

Ps Hump with his athleticism is probably a little better on defense, but Ilyasova's offense is star material compared to Hump's limited offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    this isn't fantasy basketball... players salaries have to be considered when making decisions.... ersan ilyasova is not worth 20 million dollars a year to this team... he is not a good player ... I don't know why you don't understand this
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it.

20 million a year? Dude do you do ANY research before making claims?

1 - "He has no length". Dude has a 7'1 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach.

2- "He makes 20 million a year". Dude makes 7.9 million per year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

The fact that you don't think he's an upgrade over our current abomination that is the PF position, and that you use money to determine whether a player is any good or not has me thinking twice if I should continue this debate.

vCash
    chill will

you have little to no basketball knowledge

ilyasova IS AWFUL...he is the pure example of an inefficient PF who is overpaid... he got so bad that he can't even start on the BUCKS

I agree he would be a good fit with DH but only because he's a stretch 4.... we already have one and he's much cheaper... mirza teletovic
    Poor logic.

Just because you can't start on the Bucks doesn't mean you suck. MarShon Brooks couldn't get playing time over Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse, does he suck? Teletovic couldn't get PT over Evans or Hump, does that mean he sucks?

What has Mirza proven? Yeah I like him but what has he proven?

This is like saying we have a cheaper Russell Westbrook cause Tyshawn Taylor is fast.

Ersan makes 7.9. Hump makes 10. Ersan is worlds better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    ilyasova is in a funk. he is a quality player, certainly no star material but a solid basketball player.

Ps Hump with his athleticism is probably a little better on defense, but Ilyasova's offense is star material compared to Hump's limited offense.
    I highly disagree with your 2nd statement.

Kris Humphries is very very very bad on defense, worse than Ilyasova. Defense isn't all about blocks and steals. Humphries gets lost on rotations so frequently so he ends up getting there late and fouling. Ersan is pretty decent at rotating and his length alters shots better than Hump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it.

20 million a year? Dude do you do ANY research before making claims?

1 - "He has no length". Dude has a 7'1 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach.

2- "He makes 20 million a year". Dude makes 7.9 million per year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

The fact that you don't think he's an upgrade over our current abomination that is the PF position, and that you use money to determine whether a player is any good or not has me thinking twice if I should continue this debate.
    did everything I say just fly over your head?

we will be over the luxury tax threshold.... if we added a contract like ilyasova... his 7.9 will be multiplied by $3.25 for every dollar of his contract... so I said roughly 20 million
    [

vCash
    Poor logic.

Just because you can't start on the Bucks doesn't mean you suck. MarShon Brooks couldn't get playing time over Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse, does he suck? Teletovic couldn't get PT over Evans or Hump, does that mean he sucks?

What has Mirza proven? Yeah I like him but what has he proven?

This is like saying we have a cheaper Russell Westbrook cause Tyshawn Taylor is fast.

Ersan makes 7.9. Hump makes 10. Ersan is worlds better.
    and to the first bolded statement... that is nothing like I said

being a stretch 4 is a role in the league... being "fast" isn't

and I'm not saying that hump is better than ersan especially for the money but ilyasova will not upgrade this team... he doesnt shoot the ball for a high percentage and he isn't a better rebounder than evans, hump, or blatche... so what is his value?...I dont see the point in taking his contract when he doesn't have high value... I'm pretty sure the bucks would give him away for 5 sticks of deodorant right now
    [

vCash
    "Ilyasova’s numbers have reverted back to close but slightly below what they were two seasons ago, not building off last season in his contract year. Shocking. After shooting 45.5 percent from three last season he is down to 31.3 percent this season, which makes him not a very stretchy stretch four. Ilyasova is shooting just 39.9 percent overall. He’s not a very good defender (especially if you can get him isolated in space), so unless he’s knocking down shots it’s hard to give him minutes. And Scott Skiles has cut those back at points, including bringing him off the bench, to Ilyasova’s displeasure."
    [

vCash
    and to the first bolded statement... that is nothing like I said

being a stretch 4 is a role in the league... being "fast" isn't

and I'm not saying that hump is better than ersan especially for the money but ilyasova will not upgrade this team... he doesnt shoot the ball for a high percentage and he isn't a better rebounder than evans, hump, or blatche... so what is his value?...I dont see the point in taking his contract when he doesn't have high value... I'm pretty sure the bucks would give him away for 5 sticks of deodorant right now
    What is his value? He would be our best 3 point shooter.

He doesn't shoot at a high percentage this year, yes we all know that. But if you're going to use this year alone to judge him, why can't i use last year? Also, you act as if Hump is shooting an amazing percentage. He's only at 44%.

He has clearly shown he can play at a high level throughout an entire season. He's obviously having a rough year and wasn't getting along with his coach Scott Skiles.

Wait what? You admit Hump isn't better, but Ersan wouldn't upgrade the team?

Ersans REB% is 15% for his career. Hump is 18%. That 3% difference does not make up for the HUGE gap between their offense and defense.

vCash
    "Ilyasova’s numbers have reverted back to close but slightly below what they were two seasons ago, not building off last season in his contract year. Shocking. After shooting 45.5 percent from three last season he is down to 31.3 percent this season, which makes him not a very stretchy stretch four. Ilyasova is shooting just 39.9 percent overall. He’s not a very good defender (especially if you can get him isolated in space), so unless he’s knocking down shots it’s hard to give him minutes. And Scott Skiles has cut those back at points, including bringing him off the bench, to Ilyasova’s displeasure."
    Either this was a long time ago or this idiot doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ersan is shooting 40% from 3s and 42% from the field.

vCash
    Either this was a long time ago or this idiot doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ersan is shooting 40% from 3s and 42% from the field.
    it was from mid december... it was mainly to show that people don't think he's a good defender
    [

vCash
    it was from mid december... it was mainly to show that people don't think he's a good defender
    I never said he was a good defender.

vCash
    chill will said he was
    [

vCash
    chill will said he was
    I said he is underrated and he is. He has long arms and disrupts plays and hedges on the pick and roll

He does things similar to Nene that you cannot quantify

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567