Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cousins is shy of becoming an amazing player. I could see him fitting in with Nets. I mean he is obviously a talented player, and Nets are filled with guys who are not only talented, but winning games!
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    Cousins is shy of becoming an amazing player. I could see him fitting in with Nets. I mean he is obviously a talented player, and Nets are filled with guys who are not only talented, but winning games!
    I do too and even though so many here disagree i would trade him for Brook in a heartbeat. Not because Brook is bad or anything like that but because Cousins impacts the game at a much higher level and would help our team more.

However the Nets love Brook and would never trade him for Cousins and according to people connected with the team, the Nets are NOT interested in Cousins at all.

I hope he goes to the Celtics and finally shows what he is capable if when not surrounded by losing and crap teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I do too and even though so many here disagree i would trade him for Brook in a heartbeat. Not because Brook is bad or anything like that but because Cousins impacts the game at a much higher level and would help our team more.

However the Nets love Brook and would never trade him for Cousins and according to people connected with the team, the Nets are NOT interested in Cousins at all.

I hope he goes to the Celtics and finally shows what he is capable if when not surrounded by losing and crap teammates
    I love Brook, but straight up for Cousins I would do.

He's so talented

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    It's great when the starters don't have to play a lot of minutes, a specially after a double OT game.

Marshon, and Mirza can help this team so much, too bad Avery couldn't see that.
    He was too stubborn.
    Offense has ran so much smoother since PJ has taken over, I'm seeing positive things ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I love Brook, but straight up for Cousins I would do.

He's so talented
    A sensible Nets fan on PSD! Many that brings the count up to umm 4?

Yea, i mean Lopez has been playing very well and should get some all star recognition but he is a scorer. That is it. He blocks shots but his overall defense is still poor (though improving).

Meanwhile Cousins just does so many things well. It's like Barkley says about Lebron vs Melo. "Melo does one thing well and that is put the ball in the hole. Lebron though he does everything well"

Cousins plays with crap but when his head is in the game he is efficient and unstoppable. He is a load down low with very nice footwork and agility for a guy that is 6'11" 270 that is crazy. He can pass with the best of them, handle the ball, move well on the pick and roll, gets steals with quick hands, draw charges with quick feet, high basketball iq, sets great screens, a terror on the offensive boards, and toughness a lot of toughness.

I saw him pass out of a triple team tonight! That is nuts.

On this team he would be a monster and top 2 C. How many buckets would Wallace get off of cuts with a passer like Cousins inside? A lot. When you have so many options on a team a big man with his skills is invaluable.

All this being said we have Brook and he is playing very well for us and doing everything we could hope from him. I am very impressed with Lopez.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    It's great when the starters don't have to play a lot of minutes, a specially after a double OT game.

Marshon, and Mirza can help this team so much, too bad Avery couldn't see that.
    He was too stubborn.
    Offense has ran so much smoother since PJ has taken over, I'm seeing positive things ahead.
    Imagine if we get Millsap. The offense will open up so much for us and we will be blowing teams out more regularly. Some people do not realize what a negative impact Humphries has on our offense at times

vCash
    Brook has gotten so much better at reading a defense. All those bad habits he picked up from us sucking so much for years he has slowly cut down. He made some very sharp crisp passes tonight and was being aggressive all night.

He even moved posted up Demarcus Cousins which i though he would not be able to do but he did and got fouled on the play. The refs really give Brook a raw deal. He gets hacked a lot more than the refs like to call. I am glad they are giving him the rip through now because that is a legit foul imo

Deron is finally playing to his strengths and reading the defense instead of forcing things. He and JJ are developing chemistry and playing off each other as opposed to taking turns which is only good for us.

Wallace is making cuts and doing more of what made him successful in Portland.

Best of all the bench played outstanding. I said before the season our biggest strength would be our bench.

Mirza is a lot better than what Avery was giving him credit for. He finally has the monkey off his back and hopefully this is the confidence booster he needed because nobody goes from unlimited range and best scorer in Europe to scrub brick layer in just a few months. He played solid defense tonight as well. He is quicker and more athletic than i thought.

Blatche seems to still be focused out there.

Brooks is doing what he does best. He can create his own shot better than anyone on our team and that includes JJ. I am not a huge fan of him but Avery was misusing him and pretty much killed his confidence.

PJC made excellent substitutions tonight and his rotation was on point. He clearly knows what he is doing. The best thing that he has going for him is that he trusts our guys. Avery would yank the young guys as soon as they made any mistake. Tonight he rode the bench and let them play they way through. I am loving what PJC is doing right now.

Overall i think this might be the best game the Nets played as a team. That includes the OKC game. Tonight the ball was moving everyone was involved and best of all the game was very fun to watch.
    what ive noticed the most so far. when was the last time our offense looked this smooth and fun to watch?? i dont know what pj has done to these guys but hopefully all slumps will b over soon and we start clicking as a team.

i hated averys stagnant offense. it was pretty much street ball offense. looked like these guys didnt know how to play with eachother at all. i remember going to a game earlier this season i think it was against orlando we ran the SAME PLAY 3 times in a row. havent seen that at all

i also like how NOW we're playing toward our strengths and we have more in and out ball movement.
    i love have we have more kick outs causing rhythm jumpers. we have so many weapons that can penetrate the defense. they just cant hold the ball too long (what marshon tends to do) they need to take advantage of the mismatches.

which is what i hated about avery as well. he always matches the other teams rotations and doesnt try to conquer the other teams weakness. like when the opponent goes big/small he does as well. u can match at times but u have to make the 1st move other times 2.
    Last edited by maddBat; 01-06-2013 at 02:47 AM.
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    Cousins is a monster but people get carried away... He didn't really do anything until Lopez went to the bench... He was terrible on defense and he was blocked twice by Mirza .... He's got top 3 talent but let's not act like he's put it together...he reminds me of andray blatche to the T just stronger
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    Cousins is a monster but people get carried away... He didn't really do anything until Lopez went to the bench... He was terrible on defense and he was blocked twice by Mirza .... He's got top 3 talent but let's not act like he's put it together...he reminds me of andray blatche to the T just stronger
    Were you the one on ND who asked if the only difference between the two is just a few pounds?

Cousins is a MONSTER. He's MUCH stronger than Blatche, has a much better post up game, is a much better defender, much better rebounder, and a much better passer.

Just cause Mirza blocks you, doesn't mean you are terrible and don't act like he's been a bum all season. He's put up impressive numbers, the only thing he hasn't done well is take smart shots and trust me, you put this kid on a team with a real coach, some real locker room presence and even a little bit of leadership and this kid would climb to the elites in no time.

For OUR team, I'd rather have Lopez. If we had to start a new team and the first player given to me was Lopez, I'd trade him straight up for Cousins, one of the few players I would do it for.

I tried telling you guys during the draft that we should get Cousins, but we went with Favors.

vCash
    Imagine if we get Millsap. The offense will open up so much for us and we will be blowing teams out more regularly. Some people do not realize what a negative impact Humphries has on our offense at times
    Try almost every person.

When Hump or Evans is on the floor, it's 4 on 5 when we're on offense, in favor of the opposition.

I keep telling people this. Give Deron Williams a pick and roll partner and watch him turn back into a 20 and 10 player shooting 48% from the field. We get Paul Milsap and I honestly believe we are right there with the Knicks of the early season. If the Knicks fade, I would be shocked if we don't get the 2nd seed.

I tried telling people it's the system that he's in that's the main culprit for his sub par performance. He was so uncomfortable and confused that he didn't know when or where to attack on offense. Look at him in the 5 games since PJ has taken over, he looks so much more comfortable and as a result we have been playing very well.

vCash
    Some people do not realize what a negative impact Humphries has on our offense at times
    I think everybody realizes that as he gets the ball wide open at the ft line, gets into a shooting motion, then hesitates and dishes the ball out on more than one occasion every game. On a winning team, Hump is and should be a 12 minute pg benchwarmer at best. Because if he plays more that won't be a winning team anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Were you the one on ND who asked if the only difference between the two is just a few pounds?

Cousins is a MONSTER. He's MUCH stronger than Blatche, has a much better post up game, is a much better defender, much better rebounder, and a much better passer.

Just cause Mirza blocks you, doesn't mean you are terrible and don't act like he's been a bum all season. He's put up impressive numbers, the only thing he hasn't done well is take smart shots and trust me, you put this kid on a team with a real coach, some real locker room presence and even a little bit of leadership and this kid would climb to the elites in no time.

For OUR team, I'd rather have Lopez. If we had to start a new team and the first player given to me was Lopez, I'd trade him straight up for Cousins, one of the few players I would do it for.

I tried telling you guys during the draft that we should get Cousins, but we went with Favors.
    Nah I don't have a nd account

Not for nothing I remember when Lopez was shooting under 50 percent and was getting killed by every Tom , dick, and Harry on psd. Why does cousins get a pass?
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maddBat View Post
    what ive noticed the most so far. when was the last time our offense looked this smooth and fun to watch?? i dont know what pj has done to these guys but hopefully all slumps will b over soon and we start clicking as a team.

i hated averys stagnant offense. it was pretty much street ball offense. looked like these guys didnt know how to play with eachother at all. i remember going to a game earlier this season i think it was against orlando we ran the SAME PLAY 3 times in a row. havent seen that at all

i also like how NOW we're playing toward our strengths and we have more in and out ball movement.
    i love have we have more kick outs causing rhythm jumpers. we have so many weapons that can penetrate the defense. they just cant hold the ball too long (what marshon tends to do) they need to take advantage of the mismatches.

which is what i hated about avery as well. he always matches the other teams rotations and doesnt try to conquer the other teams weakness. like when the opponent goes big/small he does as well. u can match at times but u have to make the 1st move other times 2.
    The difference is night and day with PCJ coaching over Avery. Seriously.

14. 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash

Wish i would have read your post first so it would have saved me from having to respond.

I agree with everything you said though i disagree that Lopez helps this team as constructed more. I mean you could be right but in my opinion Cousins brings so much more. It's not like Lopez is better defensively. Sure Lopez blocks more shots but that does not mean defense. Cousins led the league in charges and can defend guards! How many ankles has Deron broken with his crossover and last night he stayed with Deron and even picked his pocket even though it was called a reach in (i thought it was clean).

He just brings much more to the table.

That is not to say Brook is not important to this team though. Brook does what we need from him and is playing to his strengths. I am loving him this year. He is slowly proving me wrong about him.

vCash
    Try almost every person.

When Hump or Evans is on the floor, it's 4 on 5 when we're on offense, in favor of the opposition.

I keep telling people this. Give Deron Williams a pick and roll partner and watch him turn back into a 20 and 10 player shooting 48% from the field. We get Paul Milsap and I honestly believe we are right there with the Knicks of the early season. If the Knicks fade, I would be shocked if we don't get the 2nd seed.

I tried telling people it's the system that he's in that's the main culprit for his sub par performance. He was so uncomfortable and confused that he didn't know when or where to attack on offense. Look at him in the 5 games since PJ has taken over, he looks so much more comfortable and as a result we have been playing very well.
    I am so torn on Millsap. On the one hand he is talented. He can make our offense so deadly because there would literally be nobody on our team you can sag off of.

On the other hand he is undersized and does not get us over MIA imo and NY either. The reason being is that those two teams play a big SF at the PF position. Two SFs that are impossible to contain offensively. That is not even the main issue. The main issue for me is that by playing Millsap we do not force them to matchup and instead are playing to their strengths which is small ball.

I bigger PF like Nene or Varejao would be able to at least contest them prolly as well as Millsap but on offense Melo and Lebron cannot guard them. They are too big. We would gt the better end of the mismatch because we would be getting higher percentage shots through the mismatch ergo they would have to adjust and go bigger (Joel Anthony), taking away from their strengths.

Just my opinion on that

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast